Dr. Amit Bhadra is the current serving dean of Woxsen School of Business. In his career, he has taken numerous workshop-based professional programs on the case method of teaching, research quality, and capstone business simulation program. He has completed his Ph.D. from Pacific University and PGDM from IIM Bangalore. He is a University Gold Medalist from NIT, Surat, where he pursued his bachelor in Engineering. He has served as a Professor in NMIMS, Mumbai, a consulting faculty in SPJIM, Mumbai, and Professor and Director in two other notable institutes. Before being in the education industry he has held recognizable positions of Director and General Manager.
Experience in the education industry
I have been associated with the Education Industry for 17 years in leadership positions. According to me, it is the best industry to work in because it helps expand the frontiers of knowledge through research and facilitates dissemination of knowledge to students and to the corporate world at large.
Methods opted to embed analytical skills in the students
Here at Woxsen, the students are given structured inputs in business analytics and trained on a variety of analytical tools. This provides them with a strong grounding in quantitative analytics. With this, they are also trained to analyse situations through case discussions held in the classroom. All of these practices enable them to logically analyse business situations and determine alternative courses of action to respond to various situations arising in business organisations.
Student-Industry Interfaces at the top B-School
The Student Industry Interface in Woxsen is highly intensive and over 150 industry professionals visit the campus every year. Guest lectures from industry experts are conducted routinely. Besides this students actively conduct research, take up internships & live projects on industry practices as part of their curriculum.
Click here Woxsen School of Business Courses & Fees
USP of Woxsen School’s Curriculum
There are various parameters on which our school is unique –
Focused Skill Development Programs in each of the areas of specializations of Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR, Analytics & disruptive technology; to help our students excel in their functional domains.
Industry Interface & Internship on live projects:
- Industry Exposure Sessions: students are exposed to best in class industry practices by senior practicing managers through Industry Exposure Sessions. The Exposures are at two levels: - Infinite Quest Series: In this series Industry and Academic Leaders talk about the business from a strategic standpoint and helps the students understand strategic level decision making. Search of Excellence Series: In this series, operational leaders talk about domain centric business issues and their responses thereof, helping the students understand the value of strong implementation aspect.
- Well Executed Summer Internships: We believes that strong summer Internships helps the students to the real life operational challenges & pushes them to explore solutions which are effective, sustainable & organization friendly. With this objective in mind, we have created an intensive faculty supervised 12-week internship program aimed at giving holistic professional development to make them future & industry ready.
Pedagogical Tools: WSB has deployed latest pedagogical tools as per the requirements of the top accreditation bodies like AACSB, AMBA and NBA that increases student employability. The top features of this pedagogy are:
- Outcome Based Curriculum: Based on Bloom’s Taxonomy, this intervention measures a student's degree of attainments in the hierarchical order of learning and application. The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) of WSB are focused on development of Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes in the context of global business requirements.
- Case Method: The case and simulation-based methodology helps the faculty to bring in real business problems in the classroom and helps the student understand various facets of decision making.
Time Management Mantra and Leadership Philosophy of Dr. Bhadra
I manage my time by structuring activities in a time bound manner. Ongoing processes are monitored by a system of periodic reviews, while developmental initiatives are taken up in block of time assigned to them. A highly professional system of responsibility administration ensures that tasks are performed at the appropriate level in the organization freeing up time at senior levels for new initiatives.
The philosophy of leadership is to build a team of outstanding professionals and give them freedom to act. Our Faculty Team is sourced from some of the leading institutions in India and faculty members are given the resources and the freedom to conduct academic activities, consulting and research according to priorities set by them.
Placement Opportunities at WSB
A very serious approach to focused placement training is given to students, which includes highly supervised internships, aptitude tests aligned to the needs of recruiters, certification programs and interview training. The following initiatives have been taken for:
For the Current Students:
- Career Coach: The career coach plays a crucial role in making students industry-ready. Each student is assigned a designated career coach who provides mentorship during their entire program duration, helping them define & achieve their career goals.
- Focussed Skill Development Programs in each of the areas of specialisations of Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR & Analytics to help our students stay ahead of the curve & make them industry ready.
- Fully Active Placement Team: Round the year effort is on by placement committee & student placement committee to regularly engage with the industry leaders for their talent needs.
- We have an outreach calendar in place, where industry is called for guest lectures, infinite quest series & summer internships.
For the Alumni:
- Alumni portal with a provision for job notification.
- Dedicated placement person for lateral openings.
- Formal Alumni Society that organises Alumni networking events.
Over the last couple of years, corporates coming to our campus to meet their talent needs have almost doubled. To name a few, we have recently added the below corporates in the list of empanelled Brands:
- For Banking, Financial Services and Insurance – HDFC, Bajaj Allianz and Fed Bank
- For Consulting – KPMG, E & Y and Delloite
- For Education – BYJUs
- For FMCG – Aditya Birla Group
- For Healthcare – Divi’s laboratories
- For IT/ITES – DELL
- For E- Commerce - Amazon
- Business Development Managers
- Sales & Marketing
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Planning & Strategy
- Operations Manager
- HR Domains like Talent Acquisition and L&D
Key recruitment trends (over the past five years)
Over the last 5 years, we have evolved as an institution & consistently monitor the below 3 metrics:
- The percentage of batch placed
- Highest CTC/ Package offered
- Top 20% CTC/ Package offered
We are absolutely delighted to share that we have significantly grown in the last 5 years for each of the 3 KPIs. Sharing some of the facts as below:
- 100% placements achieved for PGDM-2020 batch and for the PGPXP Batch the placements are currently underway.
- Highest CTC/ Package offered to PGDM 2020 batch stands at 13 Lacs per annum whereas for PGPXP batch the highest till now stands at 15.5 Lacs per annum .
- Top 20% average package stood at 9.7 Lacs per annum and 11.6 Lacs per annum respectively for PGDM & PGPXP Batches
What makes Woxsen School stand apart!
Woxsen School of Business is the youngest B-School to be conferred with prestigious memberships by the two largest & most revered global accreditation bodies in business education - AACSB (USA) and AMBA (UK). With AICTE accreditation in place, Woxsen has also acquired NBA accreditation for PGDM program.
WSB takes pride in being quite different from other institutes and it’s all for good reasons. Let me share a few insights on what sets us apart from others in the league:
Strong Global Focus: Our constant endeavour is towards getting better than the best both in terms of curriculum & faculty.
- Global Curriculum: We firmly believe in regularly upgrading our curriculum basis our internal research & inputs from the industry veterans. Aside that, we also seek inputs from other global partner universities to ensure our curriculum & students stay ahead of the curve.
- Global Faculty: Apart from some of the nationally acclaimed faculty members, we also have some of the finest names from Ivy League Universities teaching at WSB. We understand & acknowledge the need for domain experts & hence, many of the critical courses at WSB are taught by faculty from reputed Business Schools of UK and USA.
Some of the regulars at WSB from the international faculty are:
- Dr. Costas Andriopoulos
Associate Dean, CASS Business School, UK | Visiting Faculty, University of Oxford
- Dr. JC Wandemberg
Former Dean, Woxsen School of Business | Lecturer at renowned universities of North/ South America & Europe
- Dr. Piyush Kumar
Asso. Prof. Terry College of Business, Univ. of Georgia, USA
- Dr. Ioannis P. Christodoulou
Sr. Lecturer, University of Westminster, UK
- Prof. Tawfiq Elahi
Consulting & Academia, UK | MBA, Babson Graduate School of Business, US
Academic Leadership: Right from its inception, WSB had consciously focused to constitute an Academic Advisory Board, in our quest to create a rich academic talent pool. This apex Academic body consists of the following eminent personalities from Academia:
|Dr. M. Rama Mohan Rao||Former Director, IIM Bangalore, Former Dean, Indian School of Business|
|Dr. Pritam Singh||Former Director, IIM Lucknow, Former Director, MDI Gurgaon|
|Dr. A.H.Kalro||Former Director, IIM Kozhikode, Former Professor, IIM Ahmedabad|
|Mr. K.Venkataramanan||Former President, Larsen and Toubro|
|Mrs. Leena Tewari||Chairperson, USV Limited|
|Dr. V.P.Nagadevara||Former Dean-Academic, IIM Bangalore|
|Dr. Amit Bhadra||Dean, Woxsen School of Business|
Role of the Academic Advisory Board: to provide overall direction to the strategic initiatives of the institute. The Board reviews admission processes, pedagogy, program structure, courses taught, faculty composition and profiles and placement records. It also guides the choice of accreditations to be sought and makes important contribution to the process of achieving higher grades in the accreditation process.
Global Immersion Program in partnership with reputed Institutions: Woxsen School of Business Programs offer Global Immersion at Nanyang Business School, Singapore (FT Rank 27) and Mannheim Business School, Germany (FT Rank 77) giving students exposure to global business, cutting edge developments in the techno management environment and global business culture and ethos. The Programs give students an opportunity to interact with the international cohort of these institutions. These interventions create a much wider appreciation of global business parameters and the interlinkages and thus thereby create globally sensitive managers.
Upcoming Goals and Plans for WSB
In line with the latest trends in technology space, our schools have launched a new cutting-edge program in Business Analytics & Artificial Intelligence i.e. PGDM – BA. AI. ML, designed exclusively in partnership with the Business Leaders after reflecting on the current needs & the Skillset gaps. Apart from that we have plans to launch several other new-age programs in the domains of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things, Financial Technology and Design
Message to the WSB aspirants
For those who are aspiring to join WSB can expect an outstanding learning environment and the most cutting-edge programs which may be available in very few institutions in India and worldwide. Students can expect to get global exposure from international faculty at Woxsen as well as from Global Immersion Programs overseas.