Bennett University is a private institution situated in Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh) which offers UG, PG and research programme in different streams including Engineering, Applied Sciences and Management. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme is offered by Bennett University under School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) as well as in selected areas of Management under its School of Management (SOM).
Bennett University offers Ph.D programme in the following subjects under Engineering and Applied Sciences as well as Management:
- Computer Science Engineering – 5 seats
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 5 seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 5 seats
- Civil Engineering – 2 seats
- Biotechnology – 5 seats
- Physics – 5 seats
- Mathematics – 5 seats
- Chemistry – 2 seats
- Management – 5 seats
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Bennett University Research Test (BRAT) as well as Interview and final selection will be done based on the performance in both the rounds. Those seeking admission can register through online as well as offline mode and submit the required fee of Rs.1000/- through online payment modes or bank draft/ cash. Bennett university will provide Financial Support to all full time Ph.D. scholars, in the form of PhD assistantship.
Bennett University Admission Schedule
Commencement of Registration process
Jan 20, 2017
Last Date for receipt of Applications
June 9, 2017
Ph.D Written Entrance Test
June 23, 2017
June 23-24, 2017
For Subjects offered under Engineering and Sciences:
Candidates should possess minimum 60% aggregate marks in M.E./M.Tech./M.Sc./M.Phil. or a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10-point scale in relevant subject (OR)
Candidate should have completed B. Tech. degree with at least 70% marks in the relevant subject or CGPA of 7.5 on a 10-point scale
For Subjects offered under Management:
Candidates should have completed 4 years of undergraduate education and 16 years (10+2+4 years) of total education with minimum 60% aggregate of marks in graduation are eligible to apply.
Graduates having three year UG degree and Master's degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks in both degrees
Candidate should possess valid score in National level accredited competitive exams such as CAT/GMAT/GRE or qualified in NET/ SLET/ UGC/ CSIR (JRF) or equivalent National level examinations or are in receipt of fellowships like DST/ DBT/ DAE/ CSIR/ QIP/ ICMR/ DRDO/ INSPIRE etc.
For Subjects offered under Engineering and Sciences:
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria will be shortlisted by the admission committee for:
- Bennett Research Aptitude Test (BRAT), a written test conducted by the University
- The process of Interview by a nominated committee of the School
In the personal interview round, the applicants will be assessed based on their interest and motivation in doing research, conceptual clarity on chosen area of research and their past academic and research performances
For Subjects Offered under Management:
Applicants will be shortlisted for BRAT (Bennett Research Aptitude Test) based on their performance in any of the competitive examinations viz. GMAT, CAT, GRE, UGC/CSIR NET examination etc. Based on their performance in BRAT, candidates will be shortlisted for the interview round.
Final selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in Bennett Research Aptitude Test (BRAT) as well as Interview.
Bennett Research Aptitude Test (BRAT)
The test will be of 60 minutes duration and may include both objective as well as subjective questions. The syllabus of BRAT shall be same as for UGC/CSIR/GATE/GRE examination:
- Relevant to the student’s discipline in case of Engineering and Sciences
- Common for all applicants applying for Management Program
Bennett University Application Process
Candidates can apply online using net banking/credit/debit card / bank draft or they can download the application form through the university website and submit it offline along with the application fee.
Students can also obtain the application form in person from the university office or selected sale points upon cash payment of Rs.1000/- or by sending a bank draft in favor of Bennett University, payable at Noida/Greater Noida.
Duly filled-in application forms, whether purchased or printout of the online application must be sent to the following address:
Bennett University Office,
Plot No’s 8-11, Tech Zone II,
Near Dabra Village.
Greater Noida 201310, Uttar Pradesh, India
Steps for Online Registration:
- Candidate should log on to the official university website and click on Admissions tab or directly log on to the Bennett University Admission Portal 2017
- Then, candidate will be prompted to fill up the application form and submit the required fees through credit/ debit card/ net banking/ fill the details of the Bank Draft
- Upon successful completion of application form and online payment, a Unique Application ID number will be generated for the candidate which must be saved for future reference
- Candidates can either upload the photograph online or in case he/she is not able to upload the photograph, then the candidate should affix recent colored passport size photograph on the print out, before sending it to admission section
- Candidate should superscribe the envelope containing duly filled-in application “Ph.D Application”. In case the application has been filled using the bank draft option, he/she should send the Bank Draft along with the print out
Steps for Offline Registration:
- Candidate should purchase the application form along with the brochure from the university office after payment of Rs.1000/- or download it from the university website
- Upon filling in all the relevant details, candidate should send it to the university address mentioned above along with the necessary enclosures and bank draft (in case of downloadable forms). The demand draft of Rs. 1000/- should be made in favour of Bennett University, payable at Noida/Greater Noida
Note: Candidate should retain a photocopy of filled-in application for future correspondence.
Bennett University Fee Structure
The Fee structure for Academic Session 2017-18 is as below:
Fee Per Annum (INR)
Hostel Charges Per Annum (INR)
BA Mass Com
Financial Support will be provided to all full time Ph.D. scholars in the form of PhD Assistantship, subject to terms and conditions as per University guidelines.
Slab 1: INR 25 thousand per month plus hostel accommodation/food/ for 12 months and requiring 8 hours Teaching Assistantship per week.
Slab 2: INR 30 thousand per month [for 12 months] with no hostel accommodation and food and requiring 8 hours Teaching Assistantship per week.