Hyderabad, January 14, 2019: “The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else,” said Prof. Ch.Sanjay, Principal, GITAM School of Technology. Apart from commemorating victories, sports meets also aim at imparting lessons on sportsman spirit and camaraderie to students. GITAM Deemed to be University, Hyderabad organised the 3rd edition of National Inter-collegiate Sports Fest (GUSTO-2K19) from January 9 – 11, 2019 at the University grounds upholding this aspect of sporting events.
Dr. Sanjay opined that the purpose of the sports and cultural meet is to build self-confidence and team spirit in the students; this is an integral part of character-molding education. This leads to the all-round development of the students’ personalities. The Principal gave away the medals, trophies, certificates and cash rewards to the winning teams on January 11, 2019, in the presence of Prof. Y. Lakshman Kumar, Dean & Director, GHBS, Prof. G.A. Rama Rao, Principal, School of Pharmacy and Prof. A. Sreeram, Director, Students Affairs.
Read about GITAM Hyderabad
The results of sports events are listed below:
- In the Volley Ball for Boys, MLRIT stood first while GITAM stood second. In the Volley Ball for girls, Narayanamma bagged the gold, BVRIT got the Silver medals.
- In the Basket Ball for Boys, VNR VJIT got first while GITAM remained at second. In the Basket Ball for girls, Narayanamma bagged the gold while VNR VJIT had to stay for the silver medals.
- In the Through Ball for girls, VNR VJIT stood first while GITAM stood second.
- In the Kabaddi for Boys VNR VJIT bagged the gold while Vignan, Guntur had to stay for the silver medals.
- In the Chess for Boys, MVSR first while GITAM remained at second. In the Chess for girls, VNR VJIT bagged both gold and silver medals.
- In the Table Tennis for Boys, Srinidhi stood first, GITAM stood second. In the TT for girls, Gurunanak bagged the gold, CBIT got the Silver medals.
- In the Cricket for Boys, GITAM stood first, CBIT stood second and in the Foot Ball for Boys, Tech Mahindra bagged the Gold.