VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology), Chennai notifies students about admissions for 5 year integrated course, Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (B.A LL.B) Honors and Bachelor of Business Administration Bachelor of law (BBA LL.B) Honors Programs.
- Applications are invited for the above mentioned courses which are offered at VIT Law School, Chennai for the academic session commencing in 2017.
- Candidates can apply for the same only through online application forms.
- Last date to submit application forms is June 21, 2017.
- Classes will commence from July 10, 2017 i.e. Monday.
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Important Dates
Below mentioned are a few important dates which the students must consider in order to avoid missing any important event related to admissions in VIT Law School 2017:
|Issue of online application form||April 7, 2017|
|Last date to submit application forms||June 10, 2017|
|Publication of shortlisted candidates in website||June 14, 2017|
|Date of GD and Interview||June 17, 2017|
|Last date for the payment of fee||June 30, 2017|
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Course
5 year Integrated Programs in
a) B.A., LL.B (Hons) &
b) B.B.A., LLB (Hons)
B.A., LLB (Hons)
- VIT Law School offers 5 year integrated B.A., LLB (Hons) program.
- In the course, students will be taught the subjects which fall under the domain of Arts and Law.
- The syllabus consists of Arts subjects like Economics, Sociology and Political Science which have maximum interaction with law.
- Students would learn the applications of law in the real world.
BBA, LL.B (Hons)
- BBA, LLB (Hons) at VIT Law School is a 5 year Integrated Program.
- As a part of the course, more than 30 credits on Business Management are offered.
- Students who plan to enter the corporate world after graduation will get a better understanding of the corporate structure, its management etc.
- VIT Law School offers specialized Honors in various subjects.
- Students can select any one of the Honors group with a minimum of eight papers under the group concerned. For e.g. if a student chooses Corporate Law as his/her specialization group, he/she will have to opt a minimum of eight subjects in Corporate Law.
- The list of Honors courses include:
(i) Corporate Law
(ii) Constitutional and Administrative Law
(iii) International Law
(iv) International Human Rights
(v) Intellectual Property Rights
(vi) Criminal Law
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Eligibility
- Candidate should not only be a resident Indian national, but should also have studied regular full-time and formal education in the last two years in schools located in India.
- Candidate must have passed the higher secondary examination, which is conducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with at least 70% aggregate marks.
- The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 60% for the following categories.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST are also eligible.
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Age Limit: Candidates whose Date of Birth falls on or after 01st July 1997 are eligible to apply.
Score Card: Candidate should have appeared for CLAT/ LSAT/ Any other widely recognized Law test and should have secured a good score in each part of the test.
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Application
- Interested candidates can apply for admission online by filling in the online application form available at the official website.
- Candidates can apply online atofficial website through the Net banking /Credit card/Debit card.
- Cost of application fee is INR 700.
- The application cost is non-refundable.
- Kindly send the hardcopy of the filled-out application form, along with the below enclosures:
a) Age proof Certificate/X marks sheet Copy
b) XII mark sheet of all attempts
c) CLAT/LSAT/ANY other valid Score card
The Prospectus and Information Brochure for the BA, LLB (Hons) & BBA, LLB (Hons) Programs-2017, along with the necessary enclosures which include the application form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of INR 700 from the following address (or) candidates can also obtain the application from the address mentioned below:
a) By sending a Demand Draft for INR 700 (Computerized DD) drawn in favor of "VIT University" payable at Vellore to the address of Director - UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore with a request letter containing the complete address with mobile number (or)
b) By handing over a DD of INR 700 in person at VIT University from the following addresses:
Vellore Campus: Director, UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore-632014
Chennai Campus: Administrative Officer, VIT University - Chennai Campus, Vandalur Kelambakkam Road, Chennai-600127 (Tamil Nadu).
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Selection Process
- Selection is based on merit.
- Marks secured in higher secondary school examination, and the performance in group discussion & personal interview are taken into account.
- Weightage will be given to candidates who have good scores in National level Law Entrance Examination.
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview will be the next step of the selection process.
- Tuition Fees in Rs. INR 162,000
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) (one time, payment) Rs. INR 1,000
- Total Fees for the first year in Rs. INR 163,000
VIT Law School Admission 2017 Contact Details
Director, UG Admissions
Ph : +91-416-220 2157/2168
Fax : +91 416-224 5544/ 0411
Mail : email@example.com
Deputy Director Admissions
VIT University – Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road, Chennai – 600 127
Ph : +91 44-3993 1555 / 3993 1008
Fax : +91 44-3993 2555
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org