Dr. Mukesh Sharma is currently working as an Associate Professor and Dean in the Faculty of Business Administration and Commerce, Mandsaur University, Mandsaur. He has more than10 years of Teaching and Research experience in college and Universities. He has been awarded Ph.D. on the theme of Financial Inclusion In Tribal Sub Plan Region of Southern Rajasthan from MLSU, Udaipur. Explaining his journey in the education domain he highlights key factors which are important for an institution to inculcate. He talks about the development of the students via various inclusions that can give them hands-on experience and help them understand the industry better. Putting emphasis on reaching the milestones, he explains that the university is tremendously moving towards growth in every domain and will become a pinnacle of excellence. He ends the interview with a concluding statement that the university leaves no stones unturned in making students realize their potential and work towards it.
Effective leadership has evolved as a basic need to meet the cut throat competition that has mushroomed in present contemporary times
Being a Dean of Faculty Business Administration and Commerce, I also believe in democratic approach of leadership. This approach of leadership is the quality of an academician who always believes in philosophy of the students, for the students and by the students.
I personally believe that effective leadership to meet the current competitive scenario needs the following features and qualities to remain sustaining in the area of academics: planning, directing, controlling, supervising and monitoring.
- Managing competitive learning: Optimizing corporate capability through knowledge and innovation, creating the future and sustaining competitive advantage, planning and meeting the new practical models of mental exercising.
- Marketing and strategic choice: should be able to have corporate vision and identity, strategic agenda, marketing theory and practices, partnership with parents.
- Applying technology in managing learning: should have to update to be familiar with the latest techno trends in education which may include, wi-fi learning, pedagogical models, and new paradigms of learning with technology, assessment of new learning, creating international borderless arenas of learning, managing and promoting innovation.
- Willingness to attempt difficult tasks with their goals' achievements and as a legend in between the tides waves
- Giving free hand to students and teachers to problem solving situations, we being in the second line but watching to it
It is summed up that an academic leader is one who remains among his students as friend , philosopher and guide and a torchbearer to his faculty and to his official staff as well .
We are an esteemed and reputed organization concerned with providing quality education for holistic development of the students
The governance and the administrative system of the Mandsaur University is reflective in line with vision and mission.
The Vision and Mission statements define the objectives and goals in terms of addressing the needs of stakeholders such as-students, teachers, industries, community, government’s compliance and society. The university strategizes the key programmes through proper security, analysis and evaluation with marketing plan and administration. The major approaches and activities towards the marketing and administration of University are highlighted as below:
- All the programmes offered by the Mandsaur University undergo a constant review by accrediting bodies like state universities, UGC, Government and are enhanced & promoted with the right valuable insights, guidance from time to time by seeking local & regional industrial partnerships and memberships of national & global organizations.
- The University has qualified and competent leadership to provide effective and efficient management at various levels
- Mandsaur University practices are decentralized and participatory with seeking management approach at all levels in its academic activities, curricular co - curricular and extracurricular activities, initiatives and decision by respective Deans, Heads of Department and faculty members at all levels.
- The University has a well laid down structure supported by well qualified and competent teams. The administrative and academic responsibilities are decentralized to provide an effective educational leadership for rigorous implementation & monitoring different policies, rules, regulations & guidelines at various levels.
Therefore, effective strategies include the variables like aligning the goals and objectives of the undertaken strategy with the mission and vision statement of the university, and the correct choice of targeted segments of the market and marketing tools.
The education system abroad focuses on equipping students with skills and practical knowledge
There is a definite gap between the education system in terms of practical exposures, educational excursions, research credentials and technology driven education. If I talk about developed nations like the USA, Japan , Australia , Singapore , Britain , France etc. the syllabus and curriculum of such nations is well equipped with skills , scope for practicals and research doing projects. The Governments of these nations provide full time scholarship & other non - financial assistance during the course of study of the students. But, here in India we have scarcity & paucity of such resources and facilities. We have meager and limited research funds to this effect, therefore, research initiatives are also less and lacking in India.
MU follows best practices in the curricula with the involvement of academicians and Industrial experts
The University has well-articulated policy in the preparation & development of the curriculum and is governed by Board of Studies and Academic Council which are manifest in the ordinance. We make sure to inculcate the best practices and have best facilities as well. We have Access to R & D facilities for undergraduates and postgraduate students. We organize Regular seminars/ workshops by academicians and Industry Experts. We make sure that mandatory industry training during the course. There are many other facilities which make us stand out among the crowd.
We have taken many initiatives for the goodwill of the students to not make them deprive of resources
Being a part of Mandsaur University family, I feel proud in saying that the Management of MU believes in the philosophy of imparting equal and equity of education to all students belonging to the different races and to diverse economic groups and backgrounds. MU is emphasizing the needs of education for all, and is of the opinion that the education must contribute to the upliftment of socio-economic status and development of the rural poor and masses residing in the region. Keeping in view the above economic constraints of such students, MU has taken up the following initiatives for such boys and girls who are aspiring for higher education.
- Scholarship for OBC, SC & ST Category students
- Gaon ki beti Yojana scholarship
- Disabled students' scholarship
- Dr. Shyamprasad Mukharji scholarship
- Scholarship for minority students'
MU Scholarship Schemes:
- Scholarship in all courses for meritorious students.
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme for Economically weaker Meritorious Students
I work to believe in utilizing the academic capacity via imparting knowledge and adapting innovative practices
As a Dean, I perform my roles and responsibilities in building happy, healthy and amicable relationships with each of the stakeholders. I aim to foster innovative teaching-learning processes and practices. Also,we participate in University meetings, proceedings and to formulate plans and strategies for the decisions taken therein on academics and on other administrative issues . We encourage, motivate faculty members to take up healthy teaching-learning practices and other related Research activities.
The university is tremendously moving towards growth in every domain and will become a pinnacle of excellence
I personally feel and observe that the Mandsaur University is heading towards achieving its aims & objectives in the upcoming 10 years. As the university is tremendously registering harmonious growth in every field, it will be one among the topmost university India.personally feel, following are the major priority areas and sectors in which the university will enhance its boundaries, proficiency and efficiency in upcoming times are as below:
- To attract students from abroad the university shall be providing par academic excellence, initiating and enriching research centre and the support system therein.
- To offer academic programmes as per the emerging needs and Industrial demands and requirements.
- To score NAAC A+ grade in the upcoming 3- 4 years.
- To get UGC 12(B) status from UGC.
- Seeking more Collaboration with foreign universities in terms of faculty exchange, student’s exchange. And also signing more MoUs in management, engineering , agriculture, life sciences, ayurveda, pharmacy etc
- To develop an incubation centre and start up for inculcating entrepreneurial skills among students in the local community of the region.
Click here Mandsaur University Placement
We make sure to cater to the needs of students and faculties and come out on the top
Mandsaur University is a premier institution of education hub which has a rich experience of 25 years. We are catering to the needs of higher education at UG, PG and Doctoral levels. As I felt during my stay at this esteemed academic & education family, University possesses following strengths:
- Effective management system with well laid down structure supported system with a team of well qualified and competent academicians and other personnel. The administrative and academic responsibilities are decentralized to provide effective educational leadership for effective implementation & monitoring of various policies, regulations & guidelines at various levels. It offers a diversity of well- structured and practical exposure educational programmes.
- Foreign University Tie-ups under Semester Exchange/Free Tuition Fee Program to provide global exposure and limitless opportunities to our students with Moscow State University.
- MU has a modern digital library, 1300+ published papers and 100 labs in different disciplines.
- On Campus residences facility for students with options of AC/Non-AC/ hostels with wi-fi and state of modern art.
Mandsaur University maintains a conducive environment in physical and academics as well
MU provides a healthy environment & facilities to teaching and non-teaching staff. Being at the seat of Dean I rely on the best approaches to foster a conducive academic environment in the department, in the institution and as well in the university. In this process all the teachers, faculty members, officials participate, attend with their respective roles and responsibilities in achieving the desired goals enshrined in university calendar and university prospectus. Relationship first and department second, the syllabus, contents, course - curriculum etc. we need not to jump into, at once to formalize the doings with academics. We aim at organizing meetings at the start of the session for the seniors, old students along with the newest one and even the alumni are also involved and invited, if it becomes possible Also, giving opportunities to relate success stories of their own and experience sharing sessions in between.