IMU invites applications for admissions to B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering) program through lateral entry scheme (admission into 2nd year). Admission will be at Visakhapatnam campus for Academic Year 2017-2018. The duration will be three academic years consisting of six semesters.
- Total number of course intake is 5 and admissions will be made in the order of merit based on aggregate percentage of marks in their respective diploma.
- The application process is offline.
- Last date of application is July 1, 2017.
- Admissions will be merit based.
Read More IMU Visakhapatnam
IMU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Important Dates
|Last date of registration||July 1, 2017|
|Verification of documents and counselling||July 10, 2017|
|Date of reporting||July 17, 2017|
IMU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech lateral entry is as follows:
- A Diploma in Ship Building Engineering from Institute of Ship Building Technology (ISBT), Goa with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the diploma within the stipulated period 4 years.
- A Diploma in Mechanical / Civil Engineering / Marine Engineering from any institute approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years.
- 3-year Diploma in Naval Architecture and Offshore Off shore Engineering from the AMET University, Chennai with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years.
The eligibility in terms of age is:
- The minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 26 years in general category.
- For Scheduled Caste (SC) & Schedule Tribe candidates (ST) candidates maximum age relaxation is for five 5 years.
IMU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Application Process
The application process is offline. Candidates need to download the form from the official website i.e. www.imuv.edu.in.
Steps for application process:
- Go to official website.
- Click on ‘Download Application Form’
- Application will appear in a new tab. Just save the pdf.
- Take a printout and fill it completely.
- After filling, attach all the required documents and send it at
Indian Maritime University
The documents to be sent with the application form are as follows:
- SSC / 10th Standard Mark sheet ( for proof of date of birth)
- Provisional Certificate / Degree or Diploma Certificate as applicable
- Course Completion Certificate (if provisional certificate is not issued)
- Statement of Marks of all Semester / academic years
Candidates need to pay the application fee in the form of demand draft payable at Visakhapatnam in favour of Indian Maritime University, Visakhapatnam campus. The application fee is as follows:
IMU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Selection Process
The applications received will be examine category wise based on the age and qualifying educational criterion and shortlisted based on merit only. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by e-mail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to report at IMU, Visakhapatnam Campus for verification of certificates & counselling on 10th July 2017 between 1000 hrs and 1600 hrs.
- After verification of certificates, the candidates will be issued the admission letter.
- The Selected candidates will have to report at IMU, Visakhapatnam Campus and register for the 3rd semester on 17 July 2017.
IMU B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Contact Details
Indian Maritime University
Visakhaptnam Campus Gandhigram,
Visakhapatnam - 530 005
Phone: +91 - 0891 - 2578360 - 64
Fax: +91- 0891 -2577754
For any clarifications please send an e-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated - 07 Nov 2017