A good university is a vital catalyst in laying the foundation of a successful and secure future. This is why you – as a student or parent – must choose the university with care. But how do you ensure that the university you have chosen is the right one? Here are a few tips that will go a long way in helping you pick the right university:
- Studying abroad – If you are planning to go abroad, it is pertinent to check the university rankings or visit education fairs. His will give you an idea about the credibility of the institute. Also, talking to your local tour operator should be quite helpful in making the necessary arrangements.
- Visit the campus – If you’re applying to a university in your city, it is best to take a tour of the place, and not virtually. Check if their online claims are correct, see the canteen, take a look around at the classrooms, look at the facilities. For instance, the GNA University, amongst the top private universities in north India, offers holistic services to each student in order to facilitate a global learning platform, ranging from experiential learning to industrial internship and transparency.
- Consider your goal – After a visit to the campus, think of your goal. What do you want to do after your time at the university? Will the university help you get there? Is the university future-enabled? A university may excel in MBA course but not English Literature. In such a scenario, select according to your preference. Choose a university that empowers you to face cut-throat competition.
- Placement services – Job opportunity is a major consideration these days. This makes it vital to check the internship, on-campus interviews and placements by the university.
- Respect deadline – Procrastinating o delaying decision-making may put you at risk of losing out on reputed universities. Make that vital decision when you still have time and without any undue pressures from peers or influencers.
So, with these practical and useful tips, make an informed decision and choose the university best suited to you. Best of luck!Last Updated - 05 Feb 2019