Mangalore University is a public university in, Karnataka, India. The university has released a notification for admission to UG (Under Graduate) and PG (Post Graduate) courses.
The registration has started already. The application form can be availed from designated centers. Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 200 at the time of registration process. The last date of application form submission is September 30, 2017.
- The university offers admission in three UG courses and seven PG courses.
- To be eligibility for admission in UG courses, candidates must have passed class 12.
- The minimum eligible for admission to PG courses is graduation degree.
- The selection is done on the basis of marks secured in last qualifying examination.
Mangalore University Distance Education Courses Offered
Mangalore University invites applications for admission to three UG courses and seven PG courses. The table given below represents the course wise duration:
UG Courses (Under Graduate Courses)
|B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)||3 years|
|B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)||3 years|
|B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration)||3 years|
PG Courses (Post Graduate Courses)
|M.A. (Economics)||2 years|
|M.A. (History)||2 years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 years|
|M.A. (English)||2 years|
|M.A. (Kannada)||2 years|
|M.Com. (Master of Commerce)||2 years|
Mangalore University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
To seek admission to UG and PG courses, candidates must fulfill the complete eligibility criteria.
Eligibility for UG Courses
- Candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized board.
- The minimum marks required to be eligible for admission is 50%.
- Student who has passed first year or second year of any bachelor degree of Mangalore University is eligible for admission to second year or third year of the respective bachelor degree.
Eligibility for PG Courses
- Applicants must have bachelor degree from a recognized university or institute.
- Students need minimum 50% marks, to be eligible for admission to M.A. and M.Com program.
Mangalore University Distance Education Application Form
Candidates can obtain the application form and prospectus with the payment of INR 200 from any of the center:
- The Co-ordinator, Centre for Distance Education, University College, Hampankatta, Mangalore –575 001. Phone No: 0824-2422633).
- The Co-ordinator, Centre for Distance Education, F.M.K.M. Cariappa College, Madikeri – 571201 (Phone No: 08272- 221201.)
- The Co-ordinator, Centre for Distance Education, Govt. First Grade College, Thenkanidiyoor, Udupi – 576101. (Phone No: 0820-2583604.)
- The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Mangalore University, Shopping Complex, Mangalagangothri – 574 199. (Phone No: 0824-2287824, 2287281).
The application form and prospectus can also be obtained by post from the Director, at the above address, by sending the Bank challan on payment of INR 240 or Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank drawn in favor of ‘The Finance Officer, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri’, payable at Mangalagangothri / Mangalore.
Steps to Apply:
- To go preferable center and bring application form
- Fill application form with all required information
- Attach all the required documents
- Send it to preferable center.
Mangalore University Distance Education Contact Details
Mangalore University (MU) is a public university in Konaje, Mangalore, Karnataka, India. It was established on 10 September 1980. The university imparts higher education in field of arts, commerce, science, law and management.
Address: Mangalagangotri, Mangalore, Karnataka 574199
Phone: 0824 228 7276
Last Updated - 13 Jul 2017