Interview by Yash Panchal
Mr. Rishi Shukla is working as the Asst. Professor at SUAS Indore. He has a vast experience of more than 9 years in Marketing, Marketing Research and Business Statistics. He is a holder of a B.Com. degree, an MBA degree and he is a Ph.D. in Management as well. He has also worked at other reputed institutes as well as an Associate Professor and Asst. Professor. His research papers have been published in various national and international journals. He has also conducted FPDs and has received certifications for his excellent work.
Mr. Rishi Shukla’s experience in the education industry
I have experience in the following domains:
- Experienced in vast methodologies of market research and understand wide facets of the technically complex corporate world.
- Business Analyst with over 5 years of experience, primarily in Retail Banking, & Entertainment industries.
- Hands on experience in Predictive analytics projects involving statistical modeling, customer segmentation etc.
- Demonstrated analytical expertise, including the ability to synthesize complex data, effectively manage complex analyses, technical understanding of system capabilities and constraints
- Expertise in gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements and developing Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Experience in co-coordinating with business and IT across all phases of software development life cycle.
- Expertise in writing and implementing Test scenarios, Test cases, System testing, Regression testing and maintaining Traceability Matrices for baseline documents.
- Excellent experience in Network Planning, Implementing, Configuring, Troubleshooting and Testing of the networking system.
- I am in education for one reason and that is ‘Teaching is my Passion’
Leadership philosophy of Mr. Shukla
It is participative. The more you interact the more you explore the more you learn.
Challenges to tackle as the Assistant Professor of SUAS
New generation students are highly dependent on Technology and tackling them is a challenge.
Curriculum of SUAS
70% skill-based and 30% theory
Changes noticed in the Education Industry over the past few years
- Technology/data-driven decision making incorporate.
- The new specialized domain of education rather than traditional programs.
- Global standard is needed in education to increase the employability beyond the national boundary.
Establishing a relationship with the students
As a mentor in a friendly environment with discipline
Goals in mind for Rishikul Education Society
I established the Rishikul Education Society in 2008, an educational NGO to promote education among youth and farmers in rural areas of Uttar Pradesh. I also started a Hindi Weekly newspaper called Jai Hind Times in 2009 dedicated to youth and entrepreneurship to support the vision of Rishikul Education Society in a rural area.
Going ahead in 2012, I started Kaushambi Kisaan Vani (KKV) in my hometown with farmers as a center for exploring better market opportunities for them. KKV still needs to be organized in a better way to achieve its objectives. I also have a strong interest to learn Indian Scriptures like Shrimad Bhagavad-Gita and to find out a solution for different human problems.
Suggestions for the youth
Work while working, play while playing because Life is Good.
Last Updated - 10 Oct 2018