Dr. Chandrashekhar Reddy is the HOD(CSE) at MLR Institute of Technology. He is a visionary leader who believes in continuous adaptation towards technological advancements. He believes that providing a nurturing environment is necessary for the holistic development of the students. Read here what he has to say in his interview.
What are the key factors that keep you connected with the education sector?
“There are multiple factors that have contributed towards my journey in the education”
The classic definition of education is ”the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university.” But education is much more than that. It is a process of continuous learning which can be acquired anywhere at any time and any age.
There are seven key factors which connect me with the education sector.
- Education spreads awareness
- It helps us stand up against wrong and for the right
- It helps progress
- It gives us a healthier lifestyle
- Helps us to be more productive
- It helps us connect across borders
- It gives empowerment
How does the academic structure of MLR Institute of Technology, Hyderabad ensure the best practice of industry and help the student turning into a professional?
“We ensure to align our curriculum with the industry needs”
MLR Institute of Technology, in its journey of 16 years, has become a locus yielding academic excellence, and has been consistently achieving 80% and above placements every year in various reputed MNCs across the globe.
- Prepare lessons that will engage and challenge students
- Create assignments that will connect lessons to a bigger concept
- Vary teaching style to keep students’ attention and meet their needs
- Meet with parents to discuss a student’s progress
- Become involved in professional organizations
- To Organize Various Training Programs to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning
- Training the students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
Being the HOD of CSE Department, how important is it to have updated subjects for the students?
“There is a continuous need for adaptation towards developing technologies”
The fast-changing technological scenario poses to the Institute a challenge of continuously updating its curriculum and faculty to provide state-of-the-art education to the students.MLR Institute of Technology offers a new B.Tech. program in Computer Science and Engineering. The department also provides Undergraduate three (3) new specializations with an intake of 60 students each from the Academic Year 2020-21, which are CSE -Cyber Security, CSE- Data Science, and CSE- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning-(AI/ML)
The Department is equipped with state of the art infrastructure not just limited to classrooms, seminar halls, laboratories but to the extent of advanced computing facilities through real-time clusters in place..
What are the opportunities that a student at MLRIT can gain by studying in this institute and in the CSE Department?
“We focus on the holistic development of the students”
Engineering is a broad subject, which splits into many different disciplines. Based on engineering, a student who studies at MLR Institute of Technology gains various learning skills, expansive thinking, facing challenges, and fulfilling dreams of placing in a reputed company. Thus, putting in a reputable company and learning to pay gratitude towards society.
- Adapt to new technologies
- Ensure goal orientation process
- Standing perfect for its Nomenclature as “Industry Readiness Program”
- To enhance overall performance in terms of personality development, career planning, goal setting and re-skilling which will stand them in good stead even after getting the job.
What would you like people to know about your Institute they may not know?
“Our campus is serene and provides a nurturing atmosphere for the students”
The institute has a lush green campus, a peaceful environment, various facilities, including a central library, auditorium, hostel, transport, medical facilities. Students can enjoy and learn various things by making use of clubs that have facilitated for the students. The campus has different cells like an anti-ragging cell, grievance cell, and women protection cell.
Click here MLR Institute of Technology Placement
Any message you would like to give to the current youth and the aspiring students?
“Think before you act”
The simple but effective thought process will help you avoid making critical mistakes that could cost you your freedom, education, or life. Do not be a follower. Avoid being part of the crowd. Without being a loner, you can separate yourself from the group of people who are not involved in positive things and still have a social life.