Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal is inviting application for admission in BS-MS (Dual Program) for the academic year 2017 – 18.
- Candidates can apply through official website.
- Scholarship are also available for the KVPY or INSPIRE students.
BS-MS Dual Degree Program
- It is 5 years course for the students who have passed 12th class or equivalent.
- The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences.
- Next two years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects.
- Last year includes a research project.
- The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes, and science based industries.
BS-MS Important Dates
|May 24||Application portal opens for KVPY channel (9 a.m.)||-||-|
|May 26||-||-||Application portal opens for SCB channel (9 a.m.)|
|June 12||Last date for applications through KVPY channel (5 p.m.)||-||-|
|June 15||Seat allocation begins for KVPY channel||-||-|
|June 18||-||-||Last date for applications through SCB channel (5 p. m.)|
|June 19||-||Application portal opens for JEE channel (9 a.m.)||-|
|June 25||-||-||IISER aptitude test for SCB channel|
|July 4||-||-||Results of the aptitude test are announced|
|July 5||-||-||Seat allocation begins for SCB channel|
|July 10||-||Last date for applications through JEE channel ( 5 p.m.) and seat allocation begins for JEE channel||-|
|Late July or Early August||Semester starts in IISERs|
Candidate must satisfy any of the following eligibility Criteria
- KVPY – Valid KVPY Fellowship for the year 2017 – 18. Additional Cutoff criteria may be applicable.
- JEE Advanced – Candidates having 60% marks in 12th class with their names in ranklist in JEE advanced 2017. Additional Cutoff criteria.
- State and Central Board – Candidates securing marks in State or Central Board above the cutoff decided by the authority.
- There is a 5% relaxation for the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories.
- The cut-off percentage for the SC/ST and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in class XII for all boards.
BS-MS Registration Process:
Candidates has to apply online through the official website of IISER. Candidates need some documents ready before applying. Here is the list of such documents:
- Scanned Image of recent passport sized photograph. Size should not exceed 2 MB.
- Scanned Image of qualifying exam marksheet. Size should not exceed 2 MB.
- Candidates appearing through KVPY or JEE advanced channel then they must have the registration details of respective exams.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking details.
Candidates can follow up the instruction given below for the registration process:
- Sign up with the valid email id and password.
- Login to fill the application form
- There are 5 to 6 steps depending on the channel you choose for registration.
- In each step candidate has to enter the details asked in each steps.
- Completing each step save the date by clicking on save button.
- After that pay the application fees.
General and OBC Category candidates have to pay Rs.2500/- and for reserved categories candidates have to pay Rs.1000/-. The application fee is paid through online mode with the help of Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. The Application fee is not refundable.Last Updated - 03 Jun 2017