Ques 1. Kindly tell us about your experience in the education industry and what makes it the best industry to work in?
Ans. I have been part of Education Industry for almost 25 years in various roles in academic leadership positions. I have been part of Institutions which I have built or turned around. In a nutshell, it has been a very satisfying and fulfilling experience. It is important in education arena to keep the best interest of your students always in mind. Given the young population that we have the onus is on us to groom them, equip them with life skills that make their lives. This means three-dimensional growth of students on the fronts of knowledge, attitude, and skills.
This industry is one of the best industry to work in as it provides an environment of perennial learning and adaptation. You work with best minds as your peers, colleagues and brilliant young students.
Ques 2. As President of Great Lakes College, what is your vision?
Ans. Our vision is to become a globally recognized center of academic excellence and to nurture future leaders armed with intellectual curiosity, confidence derived from values and a global perspective. Our mission is to foster the success of our students by:
- Inculcating strong business and technology concepts necessary for being a Global representative
- Providing broad-based learning experience through multi-dimensional Liberal Studies to reinforce core values for tomorrow’s world
- Igniting student’s Cerebral curiosities and, through critical reasoning, develop ability for confident expression
- Strengthening the principles of ethical governance, transparency and environmental sensitivity to create an emphatic attitude
- Facilitating the capacity to imagine and applying design thinking to creative problem solution
Ques 3. How does your curriculum different from others institutions?
Ans. Our BBM program at Great Lakes is different from others in the sense that it has a wide-ranging Liberal Studies foundation, a strong core of Business and Digital Economy expertise. Our curricular design follows the paradigm of blending liberal studies with business curricula, to produce business graduates with a liberal bent. Some components that we have embedded include Critical Thinking, Historical Perspective, Basic Public Policy, Art Appreciation, Elements of Social and Applied Psychology, and Literature. We strongly feel that exposure to such courses will provide our graduates a framework to think more broadly outside the narrow confines of business studies and develop abilities to think about and deal with the increasingly “VUCA” (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world.
We are different as our BBM model is that merges liberal studies with business education in a way that teaches graduates to think critically and analytically and also provides them with digital economy specific skills.
Ques 4. What USPs do you have in your mind for Great Lakes?
Ans. Great Lakes College has the vision to be a small high-quality undergraduate college offering unique business programs. Great Lakes aims to build professional tri-athletes from our student body. The ultimate fit for industry demands have been following key characteristics:
- Equipped with soft skills, global
- perspectives and capable of
- intelligent appreciation of
- society, the arts, and culture
- Strong in their core
- disciplines and armed with
- specializations in one or
- more new economy skills
Problem Solving Attitude
- Creatively work around
- roadblocks with a focus on
- adapting and optimizing
- solutions for situations.
In line with our motto of “Global, Liberal, Cerebral”, our graduates will be adept at a Global stage with Liberal instincts that ingrain in them an intellectual curiosity and Cerebral approach to ‘think bigger’ and ‘connect the dots’ in different situations.
Ques 5.How do you intend to provide industry interaction for students?
Ans. Great Lakes College, Gurgaon has a great locational advantage being situated in the hub of several multinational companies. Therefore, the industry interaction can happen in multiple ways, some of which are:
- A concurrent internship which can happen on virtual/onsite mode along with the classroom delivery.
- Industry guest speakers on specialist topics
- Industrial visit and tours
- Industry advisory groups
Ques 6. How do you look at the growth of students through placement opportunities available at Great Lakes? How do you wish to push the envelope further?
Ans. Great Lakes College has well established Career Services office to take care or providing placements and internship assistance, in line with the track record of Great Lakes Institute of Management which has consistently provided outstanding placements opportunities for its student.
Ques 7. As an Institution Builder yourself, how important do you feel the need of the Top Managements of various institutes to be involved in daily decision makings?
Ans. In the initial days, it is very important for the leader of the Institution to be actively involved in day to day decision making as this sets the culture, tone and best practices of the Institution. Once, institutionalized, then it becomes a way of life, for both students and faculty.
Ques 8. Based on the curriculum design, what kind of industry exposure will the students receive?
Ans. We offer students a triple-play, constituting of the following:
- Innovation & Venture Creation Experience - In case you are thinking of Starting Your Own Enterprise
- Well-Designed Industry Internship - In case you are thinking of joining a Corporate organization
- Acquire Global Experience - Experience a Summer Term Abroad in case you are planning to go for higher studies abroad
Ques 9. What’s your best advice for young aspirant students of Great Lakes College?
Ans. As the aspirant of Great Lakes College, must be wondering what the future holds for you. We would like you to relish these challenging times, as the future work environment calls for an infusion of confident, cross-skilled and open-minded youth into the workforce.
At Great Lakes, we are pioneering an education experience that focuses on new age technology, and is built on a bedrock of liberal studies that will broaden your outlook on life.
Come and be a part of this unique journey!
Last Updated - 02 May 2017