Amaravati, January 30, 2019: On the occasion of 70th Republic day celebrations at VIT AP University, Ramkumar Sisodia, Principal Secretary, Tribal Welfare Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh unfurled the national flag and he also felicitated B. Umesh, Uravakonda with Bravery award. Four Fire service men from Srikakulam, Guntur & Nellore and Two APSRTC drivers from Tirumala and Maddilapalem Bus depots for discharging their duties with utmost responsibility, were presented with Certificates of Appreciation and rewards for their yeoman service and serving as inspirational role models to the young.
Ramkumar Sisodia, Principal Secretary, Tribal Welfare Department, Govt. Of Andhra Pradesh unfurled the national flag, which was followed by the rendition of the National Anthem, March Past and patriotic songs presented by the students. While addressing the students are expected to know the Constitution which was written with the foresight of greats like Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar. It’s not the rights alone will make good citizens and of course, the duties and responsibilities need to be observed with a passion. He also appreciated the valuable support extended by the university and nurturing leaders of India also emphasized the thought process in evolving future India.
Dr. D.Subhakar, Vice –Chancellor VIT-AP University. In his address to the students and faculty members, he hailed the sacrifices of the freedom fighters and the spirit of the constitution in making a democratic country. He urged the students to utilize the plethora of opportunities created by the Indian Government – Startup India, Digital India, etc. for the betterment of our country and bring an end to the social evils such as corruption and poverty.
Dr. CLV Siva Kumar, Registrar on behalf of the entire VIT-AP family salutes these heroes for their selfless service and dedication towards their duties.
Rescue Services Awards:
- P. Chakradhararao, Driver operator, Fire station, Kottur, Srikakulam Dist. services exhibited timely action, attention with professional skills and dedicated performance during TITLI Cyclone relief operations by attending repairs and replacements spontaneously.
K. Madhusudhana Rao, Fireman, Fire station Palasa, Srikakulam rendered selfless service through timely action and attention in the supply of food and first aid medicines to the personnel working in the fields during TITLI cyclone relief.
- J. Nagaraju, Fireman, Guntur-1 Fire station on a rescue call received that a person drowned in a canal at Nallapadu village with his skills and efforts he saved the drowned person. He also performed excellent fire fighting in a fire accident in a textile mall to save the property.
- P. Rama Murthy, Fireman, Nellore Fire station a good firefighter and excellent rescuer in a firecracker shop building collapse, Firecracker blasting case in 2016, Gunny bag godown fire which lasts up to 20 Hrs.and his services rendered in Kerala floods & Titli cyclone relief activities
Drivers Selfless services – Life-saving Awards:
- M. Arunachalam, working as a driver, Tirumal Depot on his duty suffered a severe heart attack and unmindful of his own life and failing condition, managed to save the lives of 28 passengers by parking the bus safely, though he lost his life. His family members took the felicitation on his behalf with a cash reward.
- B.Umesh was felicitated for his bravery act where he saved two children dangerously drowning into a tank nearby Jain bi Darga Uravakonda, Anantapuram district