Pearl Academy, which is one of the most renowned fashion institutes offering UG, PG and diploma courses in design, fashion, media and business. Pearl Academy has helped in nurturing fashion designing enthusiasts all over the country. The academy has evolved into a globally renowned institution of higher learning with a focus on multiple facets; catering to the needs of the design, fashion, business and retail industry.
About JMM: Journalism & Mass Media
Pearl Academy is about to do an online launch of its new program called JMM, which stands for Journalism & Mass Media. Here are the details of the launch:
Event Date: May 17, 2017
Time: 11 AM
Location: Pearl Academy, Delhi Campus
This launch is happening in the backdrop of the high-speed new age journalism. The launch will have the presence of renowned personalities from the world of media and fashion as the speakers for the event. They will speak about future of journalism, newsroom and the meaning of journalism in the age of social media. The following personalities will grace the occasion on the launch day:
- Shubho Sengupta, Brand Consultant
- Debdatta Das, Editor in chief, Business Insider India
- Vikrant Gupta, Editor, Sports, India Today Group
- Sahil Gupta, Editor, Gizmodo India, PC Mag
- Anirban Roy, Group Editor, Network 18
Pearl Academy is looking forward to adhering journalism enthusiasts through this program. As today’s world is heavily dependent on social media for all sort of news and latest affairs, it’s the need of the hour to provide competitive journalism. “Speed with accuracy” is a journalist’s major challenge and it’s the only thin line that separates professional journalists from social media enthusiasts. The success of a good journalist is judged on the basis of the credibility of the information that he/she provides.
Facts about today’s Journalism
- The Digital Age has entirely changed the way we consume news today.
- The news is being consumed in shorter capsules instantly on our personal devices rather than at leisure with a cup of tea through a newspaper or on television.
- Fast-growing digital companies may become the media behemoths of tomorrow.
Therefore, it is inevitable that journalism and mass media colleges need to bring their curriculum up to speed to ensure that the students learn what the industry requires them to be proficient in. Relevant knowledge of technology with traditional skillsets - language, writing, reporting, editing, analysis, layouts and camera skills have become a few essentials that the students need to be equipped with.Last Updated - 16 May 2017