Delhi School of Communication (DSC) is a reputed institute in the field of Mass Communication, PR & Advertising. DSC invites applications for its 22ndPost Graduate Programme in Communication (PGDPC). This integrated program award PGDPC degree along with the degree in MA JMC (Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication). Students, willing to take admission in DSC can apply online for the PGDPC programme by paying INR 1100 as application fee. Aspirants must note that the last date of form submission is February 17, 2017.
DSC was Founded in 1995 by a group of industry leaders and academicians, with the motive to better align academics with industry requirements. Today the Integrated Marketing Communication programme is considered as one of the top line communication programmes in India and it is the most sought-after among Post Graduate students. The DSC programme covers all the relevant subjects such as Advertising, Entertainment Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Marketing and Branding.
Industry exposure via internship is an integral part of the PGDPC programme. Students are entitled to pursue an internship (full day work experience) for up to 4 months and apprenticeship (half day work experience) between 3 to 6 months. During internship or apprenticeship, students can also earn attractive stipends alongside valuable work experience. This on-the-job work experience and outstanding mentorship under the faculty with immense industrial experience to ensure placement in leading agencies such as JWT, Edelman, Genesis BM, Perfect Relations, McCann Erikson, Havas Media and Mudra.
Some Basic facts for Admission to DSC:
- Graduates or final year students of qualifying degree (all streams) are eligible to apply for PGDPC programme
- Application forms can be downloaded and submitted online on the official website of the DSC
- The application fee is INR 1100. Students have to submit the fee in DSC account within five working days after the submission of application form
- In order to avail the admission in DSC, students have to qualify either in MAT or CAT examination or an Internal Admission Test
- The DSC admission test is of 1 ½ hour duration, focuses on basic reasoning, logic and creative writing skills along with basic knowledge of Advertising and Media
- The candidate will also need to undergo a Psychological Test of half an hour in duration
- This test is designed to judge the creative writing skills and emotional quotient of a candidate
- This year, both the Internal Exam and Psychological Test will be conducted in online mode
- Students have to go through a Personal Interview round, which is the third and the final step towards securing admission in the PGDPC programme offered by DSC