Admission Notification has been released by Sri Guru Ram Das Institute, Amritsarfor enrolling into programs such as MD/MS and MDS. Duration of MD/MS programme is three years. Applications forms have been available on website since October 15, 2015. Last date till which candidates can apply is November 30, 2015. Admission in MD/MS will be on the basis of score in AIPGMEE 2016. There will also be ‘Sikh History and Religion Test, on January 6, 2016.
Following are seats allotted for Sikh Minority Candidates (open merit seats). There are total 22 seats for MD/MS:-
MD General Medicine
MD Obstetrics and Gynecology
MD TB and Pulmonary Medicine
MS General Surgery
There are total 18 seats allotted for MDS session. Out of which 9 are for government quota seats and rest are for Sikh Minority Quota.
SGRDIMSR MD/MS and MDS Admission 2016 Important Dates
Check the Admission Schedule below:-
Application process starts from
October 15, 2015
Last date to apply
November 30, 2015
Last date to deposit fee
November 30, 2015
Last date to submit Application form for Sikh Minority Seats
December 12, 2015
Sikh History and Religion Test
January 6, 2016
January 8, 2016
SGRDIMSR MD/MS and MDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to fulfill certain conditions in order to apply:-
They must have completed MBBS in order to be eligible for Medical courses and BDS for Dental ones.
- Students have to qualify All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination 2016 for MD/MS and concerned entrance exam for MDS.
- Sikh Religion and History Test is a qualifying exam and can be given by Indian Residents who belong to Sikh Community. Students who want to appear for this test must have done one year internship by March 31, 2016.
SGRDIMSR MD/MS and MDS Admission 2016 Application Process
Mode of application is online. Candidates have to fill the form till November 30, 2015. It can be filled by following steps:-
Visit the online admission portal of SGRDIMSR
- Fill the basic details and create your account.
- You will get the login particulars on your registered mobile number
- Fill all the information correctly and review it before submitting as no change can be done afterwards.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Application fee can be paid by HDFC bank challan. Download it and submit at the branch of HDFC Bank
- It can also be done through Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- Once the payment is done, you can also download the admit card.
Send the completely filled form to the address given below:-
Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research,
Pattern of ‘Sikh History and Religion test’
- It will be objective type test of one hour
- Total number of questions will be 50.
- There will be not be any negative marking
- One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- 40% marks must be secured in test in order to qualify it.
SGRDIMSR MD/MS and MDS Admission 2016 Selection Process
Admission in MD/MS courses will be on the basis of AIPGMEE 2016 and in MDS through respective entrance exam. Marks scored in Sikh History and Religion Test will not be considered for upgradation in merit list/admission. It is a qualifying exam.
After result declaration of All India Post Graduation Medical Entrance Exam and similar competitive exam for MDS, candidates will be called for counselling.Last Updated - 20 Nov 2015