Dr. Atul Ramgade is currently working as Principal of the Institute since August 2020 and continuing to guide his staff and students for their betterment and growth. He is the founder member of our Institute and guiding the institute with the help of his Spirit of Greatness and positive attitude. His dedication towards academics has given a new thrust to the employment of students of the institute.
What are the key factors that keep you connected with the education sector?
“Values and pride of contributing to the life of students”
A long journey in academics of 23 years has nourished and developed me into a well-experienced academician. The key factors according to me that have kept me connected with the education sector are dedication, commitment, continuous professional up-gradation, research aptitude, student-centric approach, eagerness to give contemporary knowledge to my students.
The education system in India and other foreign countries are structured very differently. In your experience what can an inbound student gain from studying here in your institute?
“Bridging a gap between cultures of education through association with several universities”
The current curriculum designed by SPPU is well at par with any of the universities worldwide where it comes to hospitality education. Our institute is blessed with the visionary leadership of Hon. Dr. P. D. Patil Sir (Chairman) & Dr. Somnath Patil Sir (Secretary) has always pledged to give the best of the best to his students. Our institute has the art of class infrastructure, well- equipped labs, qualified and experienced faculties. The aim is to achieve holistic development in the students and groom them as global professionals in the field of hospitality Industry.
How does the curriculum of the University ensure the best practice of the university?
“Practical knowledge and experiential learning are the practices we follow”
- The curriculum of SPPU is designed to be a global, socially conscious Centre of excellence imparting vibrant knowledge through teaching, research, and extension activities.
- The advancement and dissemination of knowledge equipped to take up challenges of the colossal change taking place worldwide and is committed to empowering its faculty and students to contribute meaningfully to economic, technological, and social development and progress.
Any insights into how your institute could be more welcoming to students of different races or economic background?
“The college promotes anti-racism and follows the unity in diversity among the students”
The institute understands and respects the constitution of our country and responsibly shoulders its admission process with a philosophy of “Education for all”. For all the above categories, the institute allows admission by following the rules of reservation laid down by the GOM, DTE, and SPPU along with scholarship facilities. The admission policy adopted by the institute and the student's profile reflects the national commitment to diversity and inclusion. Fee scholarship benefits are extended to students of different races and economically backward students (EBC and TFWS) as per the rules and regulations of the state government.
What do you think your roles and responsibilities to the university and the students are?
“Roles come with several responsibilities to evolve the institute at a higher level”
- Curriculum designing and revision.
- Identifying and appointing examiners, paper setters, paper evaluators, etc.
- To ensure holistic development among the students by developing professional temperament and social responsibility.
Formed various cell-like Women anti-harassment, anti-ragging cell, Examination cell, ERP facility, Library Cell, Training &Placement cell, Student council, EDP cell, NSS unit, Grievance cell, Sports & Student Welfare, Mentor-mentee, ICT enabled Feedback mechanism, Social Media, etc. to ensure students smooth and successful academic journey.
What do you see as Dr. D Y PATIL IHMCT’s strengths?
“Excelling on every level and pitch of academics and overall facilities”
- Competent, dedicated faculty having varied industry and academia experience. Efficient and dedicated non-teaching staff.
- Emphasis on learner-centric ICT based teaching-learning approaches and pedagogic innovations. State-of-the-art infrastructural facilities with well-equipped laboratories, library, and other support facilities.
- Meaningful extension and outreach programs.
- Good governance with transparency, accountability, participatory, and benevolent management.
- Consistent ranking of students in the University toppers list. Good placement Record.
- Overseas internship.
- Active ERP system for the stakeholders.
- Environment consciousness and green audit of the campus.
Any suggestions you would like to give to the current youth and aspiring student?
“Endure the compassion and hospitality in your learning”
The hospitality industry is very professional and rewarding but one should join the course if they have real interest and passion for the same. It has multiple avenues apart from the hotel industry like event management, retail management, revenue management, Cruise lines, food trucks, QSR, etc. There is no alternative for hard work and patience.
How do you tend to establish a healthy relation and environment in your institute?
“Open communication and teamwork with mutual understanding and respect”
We conduct various activities like freshers and farewell parties, Cultural days, food festivals, theme lunches, Food safari, Stress management games, field visits, educational tours, NSS activities, etc. Students support Admission Counselling, Course coordinator, Class- coordinator, Mentor-mentee, Grievance cell, Vishakha Cell, etc. to make students comfortable.
Click here Dr. DY Patil Inst Of HM&CT Placement
What would you like people to know about your institute they may not know?
“Offering every possible facility to well structure the institute’s reputation”
Industrial MOU with top hotel brands, Green Campus and practices, E-content enrichment, more experienced faculty with international exposure, EDP cell, Wi-Fi campus, Basketball court, sports facility, and gym.