Few points which can truly differentiate a great institute with other institutions offering MBA:
- Truly Industry Experienced Facilitators: Students must check for faculty profiles, it’s not necessary that faculty members are from premier universities, but most importantly they must carry industry experience. The portfolio of the faculty members will give a student an idea of the course delivery and course completion.
- Peer group: A combination of students having work experience and diverse degrees helps in interactions with peer group and provide insights into the work culture and dynamicity of other organisations thereby expanding a student’s horizon in learning and imbibing. This also helps in developing the network for organisations and individuals.
- Scope for growth Academically and Professionally: The program must help one to acquire knowledge and skills which assist in corporate growth which, otherwise, would not have been possible. It must open up a plethora of options as organisations are constantly in look out for new and budding executives who are abreast with recent trends in business.
- Scope to apply skills in the real business scenario: MBA course must provide a platform wherein the pedagogy is designed in such fashion that the real-world scenarios are taken up and extensively studied. This helps the students to easily co-relate the scenarios and make them prepared for future uncertainties. Case studies, organisational studies in form of Projects and Internships help in fulfilling this gap.
- Career Advice: A dedicated placements team must assess and extrapolate the Students’ future needs and constantly advise them. The team must be in constant touch with the corporate and provide valuable information to the academic team which must try to incorporate them. This provides a very concise insight to the careers of the students which adds to the humane touch to the program.
- Convenient admission process and program timeline: A separate and easy admission process will ensure a good understanding of Student by the college and also the other way. The timeline for admission and course commencement must be round the year, making the admission process convenient and flexible. Because for most of the admission process for 2 year MBA program, the student has to take the highly competitive entrance exams like CAT, XAT etc., followed by another round of rigorous selection process including Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Advanced curriculum and specializations: The program must be meant to match the skills required for the Managerial level positions and must be dynamic with changes and requirements of the industry. The specializations must be advanced and industry oriented.
- Augmentation: Most of the syllabus can provide gaps between the basic and advanced papers, ensuring of augmenting the syllabus and filling the gaps could benefit the student.
- Additional Skill Development Certifications: The blending of regular course with MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) or any private certification either offline or online is necessary to bring on the blended learning among students. This could drastically reduce the concept repetition in class and allow more time for healthy discussion.
- Library Resources: Fantastic online and offline resource coupled with textbooks are basic requirements for any MBA student. Although online data is available in abundance, the record keeping will help students in understanding the concepts and case study solving.
- ICT enabled pedagogy: Accessibility of resource to students must be made easy through the implementation of the state-of-the-art software and internet connectivity by the college, as this helps in accommodating students of all level of thinking and help students to learn at their pace. A fair evaluation of grades must be practiced by faculty.
- Global Networking: Considering Global Village concept, there must be a huge scope of networking with foreign students and also ample opportunities to network with foreign companies, students and professors.
Dr. Rajesh C
BangaloreLast Updated - 18 Feb 2017