CMAT 2020 Score to be Accepted by Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra

    Anam Shams Anam Shams
    Content Curator

    CMAT is one of the most promising national level entrance exams and a channel for admission to the postgraduate management courses offered at the various good ranked management institutions across the country. Starting this year, almost all the management colleges in Maharashtra will consider CMAT 2020 Score for offering admissions to their courses.

    So, if you were aiming to do MBA from a B-school in Maharashtra, it is a great chance for you. You may prepare well for CMAT 2020, conducted by NTA, and secure a seat at your preferred management institute in Maharashtra. Nearly 60000 candidates are expected to register themselves for CMAT 2020 exam. However, many of them would be appearing for getting admissions to the predefined management colleges in India.

    This article lists the top management colleges in Maharashtra that will accept CMAT 2020 score, for offering admissions to their management curriculums along with the expected CMAT 2020 cut off. Keep reading.

    CMAT 2020 #Facts

    1. CMAT 2020 is scheduled to be held on January 28, 2020. 
    2. Registration for CMAT 2020 has been started from November 1, 2019. Apply Now!
    3. Candidates willing to take the exam can register themselves till November 30, 2019. 
    4. Successfully registered candidates will be able to download CMAT admit card from December 24, 2019 onwards. 

    New Norms of B-Schools in Maharashtra

    Many top management colleges in Maharashtra such as SIMSREE, JBIMS Mumbai, K J Somaiya and GILM Goa have already declared that they will use CMAT 2020 Result for admissions to their MBA courses. Additionally, other institutions in the state will also accept this score for admission to 2020-22 batches.

    Note that all the business colleges in Maharashtra reserve 15% management courses’ seats for the candidates in the all-India category. Previously, these colleges were accepting only the CAT scores for admissions to their courses in the all-India category.

    The new provision has included candidates qualifying CMAT exam under the category of 15% management seats. This has given a sigh of relief to various MBA aspirants who did not score well in the CAT exam. 

    This opportunity is giving them a second chance to get into the top MBA colleges in Maharashtra. You need to note that these colleges are still free to set their own admission criteria even after using the CMAT 2020 scores.

    CMAT 2020 cut off for shortlisting candidates for these autonomous colleges will be different. Apart from this, some of these colleges may also set their sectional cut off for selecting candidates for their programs.

    Only CAT and CMAT Scores to be Considered

    The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra also confirmed that the management colleges in Maharashtra that participate in Maharashtra’s DTE-affiliated Centralized Admission Process (CAP), will accept the CMAT 2020 scores for MBA admissions in 2020. Read CMAT Selection Procedure

    DTE Maharashtra also declared that these colleges will accept only the scores of the national-level exams- CAT and CMAT. No other exam will hold weightage for the admission process at these colleges.

    The 15% seats reserved for the all-India category will only be filled based on the CAT 2019 and CMAT 2020 scores. Apart from this, the remaining 85% seats will be allotted to the candidates qualifying the MAHCET 2020 exams. All the other top MBA entrance exams such as XAT, MAT, and ATMA are kept out for the admission process of Maharashtra colleges.

    Expected CMAT 2020 Cut off Percentile for Colleges in Maharashtra

    You must be curious to know CMAT 2020 cut off for admission to an MBA college in Maharashtra. For the ease, you may go through the expected CMAT 2020 cut off of below for the top management colleges in Maharashtra.

    Management College NameLocationExpected CMAT 2020 Cut off Percentile
    K J SomaiyaMumbai97
    N L Dalmiya Institute of ManagementMumbai96
    AIMS InstitutesBangalore90
    O.P. Jindal Global UniversitySonepat (Haryana)90

    You must have found this article useful if you are seeking admission to a management college in Maharashtra. The information explained here must be sufficient enough for you to decide in choosing one of these colleges for pursuing a management course. All the best!



    No Comments To Show


    Related News & Articles

    February 06, 2020CMAT 2021

    CMAT Answer Key, Paper Analys ..

    CMAT 2020 Answer Key, Paper Analysis & Question Pa ...

    January 29, 2020CMAT 2021

    CMAT 2020 Paper Analysis: Det ..

    January 23, 2020CMAT 2021

    CMAT Exam 2020: Last Minute-P ..

    January 30, 2020CMAT 2021

    CMAT 2021: Application Form, ..

    The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a p ...