Established in 1971, Savitribai Phule, Pune University’s Department of Management Studies is a center for excellence that offers candidates a highly regarded MBA degree. It is a premier management college that conducts three highly coveted MBA programs.
There are 180 seats in the MBA++ program. To qualify for the MBA++ course of PUMBA, candidates have to sit for either CMAT/CAT/ATMA/XAT/MH-CET.
CMAT 2018 cut off for PUMBA is expected to be 210 marks or 96 percentilefor Maharashtra students and 99.0 percentile for OMS. PUMBA has a special reservation for candidates from Maharashtra state and Home University graduates besides SC/ST/OBCSAP category reservation.
Official CMAT cut off will be released by PUMBA after CMAT results are out. Candidates who qualify will be called for the second round (GD/PI).
Expected CMAT Cut Off 2018
The cut off marks/percentile is the marks a candidate needs, to qualify for the second round (GD/PI). There is no official cut off percentile released by AICTE who conducts CMAT. Cut off is usually higher for the All India category seats as compared to reserved category seats. We can go by the viewpoint of experts and coaching institute and previous year’s cut off as benchmarks.
Going by previous years, a candidate belonging to All India general category (Out of Maharashtra Students) will need to score in the 99.0 percentile or above to qualify for the 2nd round.
For Maharashtra students, the cut off in the previous years were 96 percentile. It is best to wait till the results come out as experts will then weigh in on the no. of students who gave the exam and the difficulty of the exam.
Read CMAT 2018 Score to be Accepted by Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra
Factors Affecting CMAT Cutoff
CMAT Cut Off varies from year to year. Factors affecting the cut off are -
- Number of candidates appearing for the CMAT paper
- How many seats available
- Level of difficulty of the exam
- How well candidates have performed
Key Points for CMAT Cutoff for PUMBA
The following points are to be kept in mind about CMAT cut off for PUMBA:
- Cut off for Maharashtra and Out of Maharashtra students will be different.
- Candidates can either sit for MAH CET/XAT/CAT/CMAT/ATMA (any one).
- Out of Maharashtra Candidates will need a 99.0+ percentile score in CMAT to qualify for PUMBA.
- Admission is through a Centralized Admission Process conducted by DTE Maharashtra. Students will need a single application to apply for MBA colleges in Maharashtra.
- Candidates should check whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Those who make the cut off will be called for a Personal Interview and General Discussion round. Check CMAT Selection Procedure
- A good CMAT score is a pre-requisite for getting through to the second round. But there after you will be judged on how well you do in Group Discussion and Personal Interview round.
- Good academic history and extra-curricular activities will definitely make your application stronger.
CMAT Previous Year Cut Off
Every year, the cut offs are different because of the number of candidates who give the exam and the difficulty of the exam itself. The difficulty of the exam also varies.
Some years, the quantitative section or data interpretation is more difficult than other sections, sometimes all sections are given equal importance.
In previous years a score of 96th/97th percentile was good enough. But every year the competition gets tougher and students are scoring higher. Last year the cut off was 96.2 percentile (210).
Read CMAT Cutoff 2018 for GLIM
PUMBA Eligibility Criteria
Department of Management Studies (PUMBA) offers 3 different MBAs with differing Eligibility criteria for each. MBAs on offer by PUMBA are MBA++, MBA (Biotech) and Executive MBA.
Eligibility for MBA++
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in the 10+2+3 scheme from any University.
- Candidate should have scored 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (45% in case of OBC and person with disability).
- Work experience is not compulsory.
Eligibility for MBA (Biotech)
- Candidate should posses a Bachelor or Master’s degree in the field of Science (General or Special) with minimum 50% marks scored in aggregate from a university recognized by the Association of Indian University (AIU).
- Subjects majors eligible for MBA (Biotech): Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Life Sciences, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology etc), Agriculture, Ayurveda, Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Technology, Veterinary Sciences, Technology Engineering.
- Work experience though not mandatory will nonetheless add more credibility to a candidate’s application.
How to Apply at PUMBA through CMAT?
PUMBA comes under the aegis of DTE Maharashtra and follows their admission criteria and procedure. There is a Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for MBA institutes of Maharashtra done under authority off DTE Maharashtra.
Candidates will have to sit for an MBA entrance exam. PUMBA takes into consideration CMAT Result to shortlist candidates. The exam is held in the month of January, while the results are out in February.
Students can apply for CMAT by registering on the AICTE-CMAT website - www.aicte-cmat.in/. Registration begins in the month of October.
Steps to Apply
Candidates who are looking to apply to PUMBA for MBA have to follow steps mentioned below.
- Candidates will have to visit the website i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab
- Go ahead register by clicking on ‘Click here for new Register’
- Enter your credentials like Name, Contact Details, E-mail id, and Mobile Number
- Enter a valid e-mail id and phone number. You will receive you Registration Id and Password there.
- Check your mail for the system generated Registration Number and Password. The registration number and password will also be sent to your mobile. Please make a note of it.
- Use the Registration Number and Password to log in to your account.
- Fill in all fields like Name, Father’s Name, Contact Information, Academic Information.
- Double check all the information you’ve entered. Make sure it is correct. Click next.
- Upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photo and a signature.
- Review your application once before clicking ‘Submit’
- If you’re satisfied, go ahead and click on the ‘Payment’ tab to pay the application fees.
PUMBA Application Fee
- Payment tab will forward you to the integrated Payment gateway.
- You can pay by using either your Debit/Credit/Internet Banking or through bank deposit.
- Choose your mode of payment. If you’ve chosen Debit/Credit, then fill in your card details.
- If you’ve selected Internet banking then enter your correct Account Details and click ‘Make Payment’.
- On successful payment of fees an e-Receipt will be generated. Please save it and take a print out of the ‘E-receipt’.
- If a candidate decides to pay through bank deposit, he will first have to generate it online. Take a print out of it and go to the bank branch to deposit the fees.
- The application fee for the MBA++ is Rs. 1000 for General category and Rs. 1000 for Reserved category.
- Candidates should print out their e-receipt they will need to submit with their application form.
PUMBA Selection Process
The selection process for PUMBA has 3 steps:
- Candidates will first need to sit for one of the qualifying exam. PUMBA uses scores of CMAT/CAT/ATMA/XAT/MH-CET. Candidates need to score a minimum cut off stipulated by the college to qualify for the 2nd round.
- Candidates who score more than the cut off will be called for the second round. The second round will consist of Personal Interview and Group Discussion. ReadCMAT Selection Process 2018
- Candidates will have to clear both these stages to be eligible for admission.
Candidates should satisfy the eligibility condition for admission to be granted to them. CMAT Counselling will begin from March onwards.