The registration for CAT 2018 is currently on till September 19, 5:00 PM. In simple terms, the procedure involves registering on the official CAT 2018 website to get User ID and Password, logging in using the issued credentials to fill up the online form and submitting the same after making the online payment to complete the registration. However, there are certain points that the applicants need to take care of prior to starting the process and while filling the application form.
For this year, IIM Calcutta will hold the exam in computer based mode. The national level management exam is scheduled for November 25, 2018. Read on the following article to avoid any cancellation in the candidature.
Checkpoint 1: Before you register
- Check your eligibility for CAT 2018 before starting the registration procedure.
- Make sure to have a valid email address and mobile number for registration.
- All fields marked with an “*” (asterisk) are mandatory to be filled. You will not be allowed to submit your application unless all the mandatory fields are filled.
- Keep all personal details, academic records, work experience info and payment instrument details handy before starting to fill the application form. Get scanned images of your recent passport-size photo and signature ready to be uploaded with CAT 2018 application.
- You are advised to use either Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) to fill up CAT 2018 application.
Check CAT Eligibility Criteria
Checkpoint 2: CAT Registration
On the official website (www.iimcat.ac.in), click Register under New Candidate Registration header to create your user profile. Enter Your name (as on 10th certificate), Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Address and Country to generate an OTP.
Upon successful completion, a User ID will be sent on the registered email ID while you will receive the password on your mobile number. Overseas applicants will receive both UID and Password in their email. Check CAT Registration 2018
Checkpoint 3: Application Form
- You can log in with your UID and password under the Registered Candidate Login Header to complete your CAT 2018 Application process. It is worthwhile to mention here that you can retrieve your User ID/Password by clicking the Forgot User ID/Password button on the Registered Candidate login window.
Note: The new User ID/Password will be sent to the registered email address only.
- CAT 2018 Application form is split into six sections: Personal Details, Academics, Work Experience, Programs, Test City, and Payment.
- Make sure to read the instructions before filling the form. You can take your time and exit the form as many times you want before finally submitting it.
- Upload scanned images of your recent passport-size colour photograph (less than 6 months old) and specimen signature according to the specifications provided.
|Passport-size photo||30mm X 45mm||.jpg or .jpeg files not more than 80 kb each. minimum image resolution 150 px/inch|
|Specimen Signature||80mm X 35mm|
Other Important Documents
- Reserved category (SC/ST/NC-OBC) candidates, candidates with disabilities (PWD) and candidates requiring wheelchair support and Scribe are required to download appropriate affidavits from the official website, self-attest them after filling up the forms and upload the scanned copies to the CAT 2018 Application Form.
- For filling in academic score details, applicants need to submit a certificate specifying equivalent marks or conversion procedure in case any particular awarding body awards only grades and doesn’t list an equivalent percentage of marks on the scorecard.
- Your work experience should be entered in months, as on July 31, 2018. Please note that Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship /Pre-graduation work experience is not considered as work experience.
- You can select any number of programs; alongside the program, you need to select your choice of Interview city. The admission process of the IIMs Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirappalli, and Udaipur is a combined one. So in case you are selecting more than one IIM from among this list, specify just one Interview City for the combined admission process.
- You will be able to specify four choices of test city for CAT 2018. Please note that you will not be allowed to specify one city preference more than once.
Checkpoint 4: Payment
Application fee payment for CAT 2018 is an online process through Billdesk, PayTM or PayU. You will be able to use either your Netbanking services, Credit/Debit Cards, Cashcards or e-Wallets to complete the payment process. The applicable fee is INR 1900 for general and NC-OBC candidates (INR 950 for SC/ST/PWD candidates). Additional applicable transactional charges will have to be borne by candidate.
Once the payment process is completed, you will receive a confirmation mail. Please note that you will not be allowed to make any changes in the form after the payment is processed.
Checkpoint 5: Submission
- Do not forget to preview your application form and check for accuracy and completeness of all the entries, before proceeding with the payment and submission. Also, make sure to read the Declaration before checking the ‘I Agree’ checkbox.
- If you have any query or concern, contact the Candidate Help Desk through e-mail (email@example.com) or a call to toll-free number 1800 209 0830. Make sure to have your User ID and/or Payment Transaction Number handy for reference for such a call.
- All said and done, following the instructions on the CAT 2018 application to the T will save you from making any mistake in the registration and application process.