IIM Calcutta is all set to conduct CAT 2018 on November 25 (Sunday). While your preparation is of utmost importance, carrying all the mandatary documents to CAT Exam Centre is also of principle concern.
The hall ticket of CAT 2018 can be downloaded until the exam date i.e. November 25. Your entry into the examination hall is prohibited if you fail to produce your CAT Admit Card and a valid photo id card.
- Candidates with incorrect information in CAT Admit Card will not be allowed inside the examination center.
- In case a candidate has opted for a scribe at CAT Exam center, he must produce the valid photo id (original/photocopy) and an affidavit to prove the same.
- It can be obtained from the official website of CAT.
- In case of any discrepancy in CAT Admit Card such as miss spelling of name, change in date of birth, wrong registration number or non-visibility of photograph and signature, candidates can contact the examination authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or call1800-266-0207.
For all of you appearing in CAT 2018, make sure the following 7 pointers in your admit card are true and correct:
- Candidates must primarily check the name written on CAT Admit Card 2018 before downloading it.
- Name on CAT Admit Card must be identical to the name in the official documents to be taken on the day of examination like Aadhaar card, driving license and college ID, etc.
- Candidates should check the spelling and order of first, middle and last name in the admit card.
Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Candidates should also check their date of birth after checking the name.
- Candidates dates of birth written in the admit card must be identical to the date written in official documents like 10th certificate and date of birth.
- If the details in the admit card of CAT and the official documents do not match, examinee will not allowed inside the examination center.
- Date of birth entered by the candidate should be same as written in class 10th certificate.
Candidate’s CAT Registration Number/ Roll Number
- Candidates have to register themselves on the official website of CAT before filling the CAT 2018 Application Form.
- After the successful CAT Registration, candidates will get the registration number required to login the candidate’s portal.
- Registration number should be secure as it is an important pin required in various step of admission process.
- Registration number generated at the time of registration process must be similar to the registration number written on the admit card.
- Candidates must check the photograph printed on the admit card is clear and face is visible carefully.
- Candidates photograph in admit card must be same as the photograph uploaded by the candidate at the time of CAT 2018 Registration.
- The same photograph should also be printed on the registration form.
- The photograph on the admit card will be used for the candidate’s verification.
Read CAT 2018 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Candidates should also check the signature along with photograph in CAT 2018 Admit Card.
- It should be similar to the signature uploaded at the time of Application form filling.
- Below the uploaded sign in the admit card, there is also a blank space in which candidates have to sign in front of the invigilator.
- Candidates are advised to use a single method of signing at all places.
- Candidates also have to sign in the attendance sheet in the examination hall.
CAT 2018 Exam Schedule
- Candidates must check all the important information regarding the examination schedule present on the CAT Admit Card. Candidates must check the following information carefully:
- Examination date
- Examination time
- Examination venue
- Reporting time in the center
- Examination center code
- Instruction for exam day
Exam Centre Details
- Candidates have to give any four preferences from the available choices at the time of CAT Registration.
- It is not necessary that candidates will get their first preferences.
- Final allotment of CAT Exam Center is based on the examination authority and marked on the admit card.
- Candidates must check the address and the landmark carefully and reach the exam center before the reporting time to avoid any discrepancy.
Discrepancy in CAT 2018 Admit Card
In case of candidates facing any discrepancy in CAT 2018 Admit Card, they can contact to the examination authority. Given below is the contact details candidates can check:
Toll-Free Number: 1800-266-0207
Helpdesk email address: email@example.com
Hope this article helped get a better understanding of CAT Admit Card. Make sure to check all these key points before sitting for the exam on November 26. Good luck!