CAT Mock Test 2018 will be released by IIM Calcutta in the month of October on its official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in. CAT mock test is released to make candidates familiar with the user interface of the actual exam. Candidates must attend this mock to get an exact idea of how the exam will look like.
- CAT 2018 is scheduled for November 25, 2018 (Sunday) through online mode.
- Applicants who wish to apply can submit their CAT 2018 Application Form on the official website of CAT till September 19, 2018.
- The paper has 3 sections, having 100 MCQ & Non-MCQ questions that are to be completed in 3 hours.
- CAT Syllabus based on the fundamentals of 10+2 curriculum.
CAT Mock Test 2018
It is likely that candidates who are appearing for CAT for first the first time or are appearing in a computer based exam for first time, may get confused during the exam. They may also not clearly understand all the options which are available during the exam.
Therefore, to eliminate this confusion, a mock test is released which provides exact user interface as that of the actual CAT exam.
How to Take CAT Mock Test 2018?
Take a look at the steps which candidates can perform to take the CAT 2018 mock test –
- First, candidates must visit the official website for CAT 2018
- On the home page, ‘CAT 2018 Mock Test’ option is available under the ‘Quick Tour’ section
- To practice, candidates will be asked for their login credentials i.e. their Registration number and Password
- Click on Sign In. For this, Candidates will need to use the on-screen keyboard provided on the login page.
- After clicking on Sign in, the instruction of CAT Mock Test will appear.
- You must read all the instructions carefully, so as to avoid confusion.
- After reading the instructions, candidates can access the mock test. This will be a 3 hour test with 100 questions, following the actual CAT Exam Pattern 2018.
- During the exam, candidates will be provided instant details of questions attempted, visited, marked for review and not visited, along with remaining time for the section. These details will look like this –
1. Candidates will not be given any score, result or percentile after the exam.
2. Candidates must understand that the purpose is to familiarize with the user interface, not to check the level of preparation of candidates.
3. Also, candidates must not assume that level of difficulty of the exam will be same as the mock test provided.
CAT 2018 Mock Test Pattern
- By now, we all know that CAT 2018 will be a computer based test.
- CAT Mock Test will follow the exact same pattern of the paper, so that aspirants can have a hint of questions and their difficulty level.
- The test will contain 3 sections, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability.
- Candidates will be given 1 hour for each section, and there will be a total of 100 objective questions in the exam.
- Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks, while an incorrect answer will deduct -1 marks.
- The medium of the paper will be English.
Since it is an aptitude exam, most of the questions are asked on basic concepts but with a little higher level of application.
Read More About CAT Exam Pattern
CAT 2018 Preparation Tips
So less than 30 days are left for the exam and everyone has to prepare with full rigor now. In this tough but highly important phase, candidates need to take care of some very important points which will make them perform in the actual exam. So here we bring you the CAT Preparation Tips for this last month of preparation. Take a look –
- Take a lot of mocks – Last month of preparation is all about mocks. Take a lot of mocks, at least 10, in this month so that you make yourself ready for exam conditions. Also, do make sure that you take the mocks in the time slot of actual CAT 2018 slot allotted to you.
- Revise the whole syllabus quickly – Another important thing now is that you must go through all the notes that you have created. This will make sure that you don’t forget any important concept.
- Focus on your strengths – At this moment, devote as much time as possible to your strengths. Instead of focusing on weak points, make sure that you don’t miss any question on the topic which you’re good at. The time to convert weaknesses into strengths is gone now, just work on things which you are good at.
- Practice a lot – Along with revising, make sure that you do a lot of practice. It is the time to leave all other things and focus on CAT. Make sure that you have done enough practice to tackle anything in the exam.
- Stay calm and focused – Don’t get overexcited, depressed or lazy now. Remove all distractions and work for your ultimate goal. Your preparation will yield the best. Stay focused.
Check 5 ways to Improve Reading Speed for CAT 2018
We hope this article was helpful to you. All the best for CAT 2018.