With the majority of the would-be workforce in India targeting to ride the MBA bandwagon, IIMs are the most coveted schools to go to for management education and CAT too retains its prominence for the ticket to the IIM.
Known for being the toughest entrance test of all, almost all MBA aspirants seek guidance from numerous CAT coaching centers, offering expert guidance and skills to ace the exam.
Most of the coaching institutes worth their salt organize CAT Scholarship Tests to entice candidates to enroll in their Test Preparation Programs. The reward offered is a full or partial waiver of program fees in the form of scholarships to deserving candidates who enroll in the Coaching Programs.
In this article, we discuss a few of the most prominent MBA Coaching Institutes offering CAT Scholarship Tests to prospective students.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by TIME
TIME or Triumphant Institute of Management Education organizes the TIME Talent Search Examination (TTSE) at specific cities or regions to identify and offer test preparation fee scholarship to exemplary students keen to appear for CAT. TTSE, in a 1.5-hour MCQ-type online test, evaluates participants’ Verbal and Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation Skills.
Bangalore saw one such Talent Search Examination is conducted by TIME on February 10-11, 2018 while the next TTSE is coming up in Hyderabad on February 25, 2018.
Check CAT Coaching Centers in Hyderabad
Highlights of the Talent Search Examination are:
- TIME offers Fee Scholarships or Discounts up to 100% on CAT Classroom Programs depending upon the percentile scored on the test.
- Select candidates are offered early bird discount in course fees for enrolling within specific date in the CAT Classroom programs.
- There is no Application Fee for the Scholarship Test. Candidates can register on the TIME website once the notification for the test is released or visit a TIME center in the city where the test is scheduled.
- The test is designed along the lines of CAT exam pattern to give candidates a simulated experience of the real deal. This helps candidates to gauge their individual level of preparation
- Candidates participating in the TTSE can benefit immensely from an exposure to the CAT exam pattern in a timed environment as well as an understanding of strategies required for tackling such tests.
- TTSE are conducted at TIME Centers as and when such an event is organized in a particular city or region.
- The test comprises of 30 multiple choice questions. The distribution of questions is equal between the sections Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
- TTSE results can be collected from the same centers after 2 days of examination.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by Career Launcher
Career Launcher offers a scholarship opportunity to candidates seeking preparation guidance for CAT, in the form CAT Scholarship Test. Candidates can avail up to 100% fee waiver depending upon their performance in this merit-based scholarship test.
The Highlights of the Career Launcher CAT Scholarship Test are listed below:
- The test is conducted in offline mode across all centers of Career Launcher.
- There is no application fee for taking the Scholarship Test.
- The 3-hour test evaluates candidates broadly on 4 sections: Logical Reasoning Skills, Quantitative Skills, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness.
- The scholarship is divided into 3 categories:
- 100% fee waiver for top 3 students
- 75% fee waiver for next 5 top students
- 50% fee waiver for next 7 top students.
- Other fee waivers also available for participants.
- Interested candidates can apply either online through the official Career Launcher website or visit a Career Launcher center to register for the test once the notification for the test is released.
Candidates appearing for the Career Launcher CAT Scholarship test stands to benefit threefold by way of:
- Getting an exposure to CAT exam pattern.
- Opportunity to measure personal preparation standard in a competitive environment.
- Chances of winning fee waiver for Career Launcher CAT Classroom Coaching Programs.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by IMS
IMS Learning Resources organizes the free national level IMS National Scholarship Test (NST) for CAT 2018 aspirants. The test aims to expose students to the actual pattern of entrance examinations for admission into postgraduate management programs and also encouraging the candidates to start their preparations for the entrances early on.
Highlights of IMS National Scholarship Test
- NST is conducted as both computer-based test as well as paper-based test. The result is in the form of percentile and All India Ranking.
- The test assesses students on the sections identical to CAT exam, like Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability
- There are a total of 30 questions distributed equally among the sections and the maximum time allotted to complete the test is 60 minutes. The test doesn’t set any sectional time limits.
- The medium of the test is English.
- Each correct answer carries a score of +3 marks while each incorrect answer draws a penalty of -1 mark.
- The NST is held in both IMS centers as well as various colleges in a city where an IMS center is located.
The benefits of taking the IMS National Scholarship Test are:
- The test induces participants to start early preparations in the model of CAT.
- The test itself helps participants to assess their own strengths and weakness in terms of preparation.
- Each participant is rewarded with percentile scores, all India Ranking and fee waivers for Classroom coaching programs.
- Each student is awarded scholarships ranging from 10% to 100% based on the percentile scored and ranking secured.
- The scheme of scholarships is tabulated below:
|IMS NST Scholarship Grid - Avail up to 100% waiver|
|All India Ranking 1 to 10 with 100%ile||100% waiver|
|City Topper (If not in AIR 1-10)||100% waiver|
|NST Percentile||Engineers||Non- Engineers||SC/ST|
|99+%ile and higher||50%||50%||50%|
|Percentile between 95 and 99+%ile||30%||50%||50%|
|Percentile between 85 and 95+%ile||20%||30%||30%|
|Percentile between 75 and 85+%ile||15%||20%||20%|
|Percentile less than 75%ile||10%||10%||10%|
Having discussed the three leading CAT scholarship tests, we hope to have been of help to aspirants in providing adequate information in context of securing appropriate scholarships from one of the coaching institutes and better preparation to bell the CAT. Good luck!