Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi has revamped its admission policy. For MBA admission 2019, it has not only reduced the weightage to CAT exam score but has also included the GD round in the final selection process with proper weightage. Candidates seeking admission in a full-time MBA program in this prestigious institute have to clear CAT 2019.
For the academic year 2019, CAT is likely to be conducted for November 24, 2019 (Sunday). Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks. CAT Registration is expected to start from August 5, 2019.
- Students need to score equivalent or higher than CAT Cutoff set by FMS, Delhi. The expected percentile is 98+.
- Other than clearing CAT, a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or be in the final year of graduation.
- To apply, the online application form will be available on the FMS Official Website.
- Applicants who clear the overallCut off of CAT 2019 will appear for Personal Interview, Group Discussion and Extempore rounds.
Check CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
FMS Delhi Latest Updates
FMS Delhi has introduced plenty of changes in its admission procedure.
- Reduced weightage of CAT Score from 85% to 60% in the final merit list.
- Reintroduced Group Discussion Round, which was scrapped in 2014. It will command 10% weightage.
- Increased weightage to Interview Round from 10% to 15%.
- Academic profile, extempore speech and gender diversity will account for 10%, 5% and 3% respectively.
How will the Changes Affect Students?
- To Attract More Non-Engineers- With significant weightage given to the sectional scores in CAT, the overall cutoff is no more the only deciding factor. FMS will now award 10% higher weightage to VARC sectional scores so that more non-engineers appear in the exam.
- No two 99 percentilers are on the same ground- In case a candidate scores a 99 percentile in CAT but has a low percentile in VARC and high score in Quants & DILR, he may not be given as much preference in comparison to a candidate with 97 percentile in CAT, high score in VARC and slightly low percentile in Quant and DILR.
FMS Delhi Admission Dates
|Online registrations start||First week of October|
|Online registrations closed||Second week of November|
|Last date to submit a signed copy of FMS Application Form||Second week of December|
|Last date to apply for foreign students||Third week of February|
How to Apply at FMS Delhi?
- Candidates seeking admission in FMS Delhi can apply for the institute through their online application portal.
- FMS application form will be made available at the official website of FMS.
- Students have to submit their personal and academic details in the application form.
- The application fee is INR 1000 (INR 350 for reserved category) for each MBA program.
FMS Delhi Selection Criteria
FMS Delhi has a multi-step admission process wherein individuals must qualify each round to advance to the next. The steps involved in securing a seat in the management institute are as follows:
- Clearing CAT 2019 cut off (expected to be 98+)
- Shortlisted students participating in subsequent rounds- Extempore, GD & PI process
- Preparing the final merit list based on CAT Result, Academic Profile, and performance in Extempore, GD & PI round
To shortlist applicants for PI and other rounds, different weightages will be assigned to the scores of different sections of CAT. This will be done to encourage Gender and Academic Diversity. FMS, Delhi will compute a composite score based on only CAT 2019 scores. The weightage given to different sections of CAT is given below:
FMS Delhi also considers Gender Diversity Factor to make sure that there is a proper proportion of male and female individuals. This is done by awarding female participants a certain percentage of marks. Female candidates will be awarded an additional 3% of the maximum aggregate marks while drawing the list of students selected for PI round.
Expected CAT Cutoff 2019
The expected cutoff marks for FMS Delhi is given below:
Check CAT 2019 Cutoff
Extempore, GD and PI rounds
Candidates who clear the cut off laid down by the institute will be called for Extempore, GD and PI rounds. These 3 components have a total weightage of 35% in the final composite score. Applicants must attend these rounds as per the schedule announced by the institute. All these rounds will be organized by FMS Delhi and held at its campus.
- In the Extempore round, aspirants will have to give a speech on any topic as decided by the panelists. They will not be given any time for preparation as the topics will be provided on the spot.
- Students must deliver a speech for 2 minutes. To do well in this round, being updated with the current events around the world is a must.
- In the GD round, participants will be divided into groups and will have to discuss the given topic. This round will test their creative thinking ability and socio-political awareness.
- In the PI round, students will be interviewed by a panel of judges to evaluate their academic profile, quality of work, and personal characteristics.
FMS Delhi Final Merit List
FMS Delhi will create a final merit list based on the performance of individuals in CAT and other qualifying rounds conducted by them. The merit list will be prepared separately for each category. Final admission offers will be made based on ranks secured by applicants in this list. The weightage for each component of the selection process for the MBA program in FMS Delhi is given below-
|CAT 2019 Score||60%|
|Class 10 marks||5%|
|Class 12 marks||5%|
FMS Delhi Seat Intake
A total of 200 seats are available at FMS Delhi for its MBA program. Reservation will be applicable as per guidelines issued by the University of Delhi. The seats available for each category are as follows:
|Category||Number of seats (Total- 200)|