Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad is one of the best management institutes across India which is admired by most of the management students. Getting admission into its post-graduate program in management is a hard nut to crack. The selection process is designed in such a way to make sure that only the best candidate succeeds.
The admission process for admission of domestic candidates to IIM Ahmedabad is done based on CAT score followed by various rounds of GD/WAT and Personal Interview. Candidates are shortlisted based on their CAT scores, previous academic records and performance in PI.
- CAT 2019 notification was released by IIM Kozhikode on July 28, 2019.
- CAT 2019 registration is over now. Admit card will be available from October 23, 2019. Check Here
- After the commencement of CAT 2019 registration and application process on August 7, IIM Ahmedabad announced its admission policy for the postgraduate 2020-22 batch.
- The two-year Postgraduate programme offered by IIM Ahmedabad is a full-time residential program for graduates from all disciplines willing to pursue a career in management.
Keep reading the article to know the detailed IIM Ahmedabad admission procedure 2020-22.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2020: Key Changes
- IIM Ahmedabad has reduced weightage of 65% from 70% of CAT 2019 score for shortlisting candidates.
- 5% weightage will be given to work experience while shortlisting the candidate for PGP in management.
- Sectional CAT 2019 percentile now required is 70.
- At the time of final selection, only 25% weightage is given to CAT 2019 score.
At first, IIM Ahmedabad will shortlist candidates for Analytical Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI) based on candidate’s CAT 2019 score. The second step involved in the admission process of IIM Ahmedabad is the final section based on which admission to the MBA program will be done.
IIM Ahmedabad MBA Admission: Important Dates
Important dates pertaining to admission to the MBA course in IIM Ahmedabad are provided in the table given below:
|Name of the Event||Important dates|
|Availability of IIM Ahmedabad Application Form 2020||August 7, 2019|
|Last date to Apply||September 18, 2019|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for PI-WAT||January 8, 2020|
|Commencement of Final Selection (PI WAT) Round||Last week of January 2020|
|Final Admission Offer||Second week of April 2020|
IIM Ahmedabad Admission – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to pursue a Postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad are required to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD Category).
- Candidates must pursue Bachelor’s degree or equivalent for duration of minimum three years after completing Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- In case the candidate is awarded grades/ CGPA instead of marks, the equivalent would be made on the basis of equivalence certified by the institute/university from where the candidate has obtained a Bachelor’s degree. In case, the institute doesn’t have any particular scheme for the conversion of CGPA into marks, the equivalent will be done by IIM Ahmedabad by dividing the total obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the answer by 100.
- Candidates who are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or any other equivalent examination or those who have appeared for their final year examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- It is compulsory for a student studying in the final year that is considered eligible by IIM Ahmedabad and offered admission, to submit their mark sheet and a degree certificate of the final year Bachelor’s degree examination held on or before June 30, 2020. The last date to submit such a certificate and mark sheet is December 31, 2020.
- Apart from the academic qualification, candidates must remember that they are required to appear in CAT 2019 and must score the minimum desired score in the entrance test to be considered eligible for admission to the post-graduate programme in IIM Ahmedabad.
IIM Ahmedabad: Application Process
The important details regarding the application procedure for admission to MBA program in IIM Ahmedabad are given below:
- Candidates who wish to apply to IIM Ahmedabad are required to apply for CAT 2019 by September 18, 2019.
- Application fee for CAT 2019 is Rs. 1900 (Rs. 950 for SC/ ST)
- Candidates must note that there is no need to apply and pay application fee separately for admission to IIM Ahmedabad.
- After the declaration of CAT 2019 result, candidates will be able to check whether they are shortlisted or not on the official website of IIM Ahmedabad by entering their CAT 2019 registration number and password.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria 2020 comprises two steps including preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria having huge weightage for CAT score and the final selection criteria holding less weightage to CAT score.
IIM Ahmedabad Shortlisting Criteria
The foremost part involved in IIM Ahmedabad Admission Criteria is the shortlisting criteria required for the final selection round. A candidate will be considered shortlisted by IIM Ahmedabad if he/ she fulfil the following shortlisting criteria:
- The first stage of shortlisting criteria to Postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad holds 65% weightage to CAT 2019 score, 30% weightage to candidate’s academic profile and 5% weightage to work experience.
- IIM Ahmedabad considers both candidate’s previous academic records as well as their performance in CAT at the time of shortlisting candidates. Based on the candidate’s performance in CAT, they will be shortlisted to AWT and PI subject to their fulfilling the minimum required eligibility criteria.
- Students are required to score at least 70 percentile in each of the three sections given in the syllabus of CAT 2019 i.e. Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC).
- Candidates are required to score an overall percentile of at least 80 in CAT 2019.
- Aspirants holding high academic record will be awarded higher points in the shortlisting criteria of IIM Ahmedabad.
- Candidates holding working experience of more than 36 months will be awarded 5% weightage in the shortlisting criteria for final admission round of IIM Ahmedabad.
Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the candidates shortlisted in the first stage are eligible to participate in the final selection round for admission to the postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad.
- The selection criteria of IIM Ahmedabad after the final admission round award a total of 50% weightage to Personal Interview (PI), 10% weightage to Academic Writing Test (AWT), 25% weightage to CAT 2019 score and 15% weightage to candidate’s academic performance.
|Category||Percentile Rank in Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||Percentile rank in DILR||Percentile Rank in QA||Overall Percentile Rank|
|NC-OBC cum transgender||65||65||65||75|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||60||60||60||70|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||50||50||50||60|
|PwD (All categories except ST)||60||60||60||70|
IIM Ahmedabad cutoff has been reduced for admission to the postgraduate programme in IIM Ahmedabad Admission 2020. Only those candidates who clear CAT 2019 sectional percentile ranks, overall percentile rank and who obtain a positive raw score in all the sections of CAT 2019 will be considered for the subsequent stages of admission.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Process
The steps given below are included in the Admission process of IIM Ahmedabad:
Step 1: Candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required percentile in CAT 2019.
Step 2: Candidates are short-listed for AWT and PI from candidates holding a valid CAT 2019 score, who have applied to the postgraduate course in IIM Ahmedabad and who satisfy the minimum required eligibility criteria for admission in IIM Ahmedabad.
Step 3: After the AWT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIM Ahmedabad to the successful candidates. The final selection to the postgraduate program in IIM Ahmedabad will be done based on a number of factors including performance in CAT, performance in AWT & PI, academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience etc.
Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates somewhat in the second week of April 2020 based on the Final Composite Score (FCS) which awards 50% weightage to the score obtained in PI round, 10% weightage to AWT score, 25% weightage to the CAT score & 15% weightage to candidate’s academic record.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Fees
The admission fee for the postgraduate programme in IIM Ahmedabad for the 2019-21 batch is provided below. However, the fee may be revised for the 2020-22 batch.
- The total programme fees that the students opting for a postgraduate program at IIM Ahmedabad need to pay is somewhat around Rs 23,00,000/- (inclusive of tuition fees of Rs.16,99,000/-).
- Laptop computer, personal expenses onboarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fee for the 2020-2022 batch can also be increased further by 5 to 7% after making an adjustment for inflations.
In case of any questions, below are the contact details:
Fellow Programme in Management
Indian Institute of Management
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380 015
Contact Number: 079 6632 4638/ 39