Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli (IIM Trichy or IIM T) offers admission to its Post-Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) through CAT Exam. Apart from CAT score, the selection also depends on the candidate’s performance in WAT (Written Aptitude Test) and PI (Personal Interview). The final selection is done based on the overall performance of a candidate.
- CAT 2019 is scheduled to be held on November 24, 2019 in online mode.
- Registration for the same has been started in online mode on August 7, 2019. Apply Here
- Candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria for CAT can register themselves latest by September 18, 2019.Check CAT Eligibility
- CAT Result will be announced at iimcat.ac.in on or after January 15, 2020.
- Candidates clearing the necessary CAT cut off will be required to attend the Personal Interview (PI) and Written Analysis Test (WAT). After completion of PI and WAT rounds, a composite score is calculated.
Criteria for Shortlisting for WAT/PI
Admission procedure into PGP in IIM Trichy begins with the shortlisting of candidates. This is done entirely based on CAT percentile secured by candidates. The table below provides indicative information about the minimum necessary percentile. Candidates belonging to various categories need to secure this in order to be shortlisted for the ensuing WAT/PI processes.
|Candidates’ Category||Quantitative Aptitude (Section 1)||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Section 2)||Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Section 3)||Total (Overall Percentile)|
- It is important to note that the above figures are just to be used as a reference.
- Absolute values of minimum CAT percentile required to be shortlisted may vary for the 2020-22 batch.
- The final decision is taken by IIM Trichy regarding the number of candidates to be shortlisted for WAT/PI. This may affect CAT Cut Off.
- Though securing the minimum CAT cut off percentile is necessary, it will not guarantee the progress of candidates to the WAT/PI stages of the admission process.
PI/WAT Venues and Process
Personal Interview (PI) round is designed to test candidate’s various interpersonal skills, soft skills and the extent of their technical and problem-solving skills. Writing Analysis Test (WAT) aims to measure the candidate’s grip over vocabulary along with the presence of necessary content. Candidates are also judged based on the quality of written content.
Various venues where PI and WAT round will be conducted are given below:
- New Delhi
Candidates will be informed of the exact dates and timing of the PI and WAT rounds by the IIM that is coordinating admission procedure for the 2020-2022 batch.
Criteria to Select Candidates Post PI/WAT
- Admissions into the PGP in IIM Trichy will be based on the final merit list.
- This list is prepared based on the composite score of candidates.
- Composite scores are calculated based on numerous parameters.
- Each parameter has a certain weightage associated with it.
The following table depicts the various parameters that influence the composite score and the weightage of each parameter.
|Written Analysis Test||14%|
|Undergraduate degree performance||10%|
|Master’s Degree or Professional Qualification||2%|
Details of each parameter are as follows:
- CAT Score (50%): Highest weightage is given to the score obtained by candidates in Common Admission Test.
- Written Analysis Test (14%): This test determines candidates’ skills in vocabulary, writing content and quality of the writing.
- Personal Interview (14%): Personal Interview (PI) conducted is used to measure the degree of proficiency in various attributes in candidates. Candidates are measured in the following:
- Academic knowledge, academic efforts, and application
- Leadership qualities and effective management skills
- General Awareness and Disposition
- Overall Personality, Temperament along with communication skills
- Other activities (Co-curricular and Extra-curricular)
- Work Experience (5%): Candidates, with prior work experience, are gauged based on the amount of work and quality of work done during the period of work.
- Undergraduate Performance Level (10%): 10% of overall weightage is dedicated to the performance of candidates in their undergraduate level. This is done by calculating the UG Performance Score. The procedure to calculate the UG performance score is as follows-
- Each discipline in undergraduate is given a particular weightage. This is to ensure there is sufficient diversity present in each batch.
- This weightage is then multiplied by the percentage obtained in undergraduate level.
- 10% of the score thus obtained is taken as the UG Performance score.
The weightage associated with different streams of undergraduate is shown below.
- Engineering / Technology: 0.6
- Science: 0.8
- Arts / Medicine (including Pharmacy): 0.9
- Commerce / Economics / Management: 1.0
Also Check CAT Paper Analysis
- Master’s Degree or Professional Qualification (2%): This parameter is applicable for candidates who have successfully passed any Master’s Degree final exam or have cleared final examinations of CA/ICWA/CS.
- Gender Diversity (5%): A net overall weightage of 5% is given to all female candidates.
Offer Acceptance and Fees Withdrawal
To accept the offer of admission in IIM Trichy for the academic session 2020-22, a candidate needs to send along an Offer Acceptance. The amount of Offer Acceptance is INR 50,000.
- INR 1,000 will be deducted as the processing charges and the rest of the amount will be refunded in case a candidate wants to withdraw an amount.
- If a student accepts the offer, the amount will be adjusted in Term-1 fees.
- No refund will be admissible if a candidate after the date specified in the Offer Acceptance.
For any queries related to the program and admission criteria, contact the details given below:
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli,
Pudukkottai Main Road, Chinna Sooriyur Village,
Tiruchirappalli- 620 024,
Tamil Nadu, India.