The selection procedure to Singapore Management University will commence after the release of CAT results. The Common Admission Test (CAT 2018) is scheduled for November 25 in computer based mode, apply online before September 19. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of results as well as PI round.
SMU is a world-class internationally recognized university known for research and distinguished teaching. Other than MBA programs, it offers various UG and PG courses such as Bachelor of Accountancy, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Social Science, M.Sc in Accounting, M.sc in Economic, Master of Law and many more.
Singapore Management University: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for admission to Singapore Management University have to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
- Students should have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant fields of study
- Applicants having 2 years of working experience will get preference
- All the Indian students must clear the CAT exam with valid scores
- Students graduate from the local universities may take SMU admission test in place of GMAT/ GRE
- SMU graduates with minimum CGPA of 3.20 will be exempted from SMU admission test
- IELTS or TOEFL is required for those who have not received a degree from a program taught in English
- International students must pursue a program in full-time mode
- Those who want to get admission in the part-time course must take SMU admission test.
Also Check CAT Eligibility
Singapore Management University: Selection Process
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their CAT Score are called for SMU selection process which consists of Leadership qualities and professional experience, Strong Academic Aptitude, and Social Responsibility and contribution to the learning experience. The final selection is done on the basis of overall performance of candidate. Applicants who will successfully qualify the SMU selection criteria will call for document verification process.
Following we are explaining each and every step of the selection process:
- Leadership qualities and professional experience: SMU university shortlists the candidates who have a minimum work experience of 2 years and have an average work experience of 5 to 6 years. Students can also apply without experience but then they have to demonstrate outstanding leadership potential through personal and professional experience
- Strong Academic Aptitude: Candidate’s strong academic credentials consider as the evidence of their past academic performance. If GMAT scores of students are higher than the average scores in Verbal, quantitative and writing sections will be considered more competitive. IELTS or TOEFL scores are required for students whose degrees were not taught in English.
- Social Responsibility and contribution to the learning experience: Students with the keen sense of responsibility and who will proactively contribute to the learning experience both inside and outside the classroom are preferable.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Preference will also be given to the candidate who also shows involvement in activities outside the classroom. This shows that an all-rounder individual is preferred.
- Networking Skills: The business school of SMU assists their students that how to establish contact with local companies. Network with the peers and faculty will be the final deciding factor in your selection. Strong Interpersonal skills, international outlook are some of the important factors that help participants to qualify the SMU selection process.
Check Here CAT Cutoff
Singapore Management University: Required Documents
Here is the list of required documents candidates have to bring at the time of selection process. Candidates are advised to carry original as well as photocopy of each document for verification process.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Your updated CV
- All the academic certificates
- Passport and/or NRIC
- Two references
- Proof of payment by credit card check or money order of $100 SGD
Singapore Management University: Facts
- Singapore Management University (SMU) is ranked 1st in Singapore and 3rd in Asia
- For Accounting Research, SMU is ranked 1st in Asia (Brigham Young University Accounting Research Rankings)
- The university is rated 5 stars by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings (WUR)