UBS Chandigarh will release its admission criteria for the academic year 2019- 21 in November 2018. The online application form filling for MBA courses will run from second week of November 2018- third week of December 2018. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT Cutoff. To apply, visit UBS Chandigarh official website.
- University Business School will also consider past academic record and work experience, along with the marks in CAT.
- To apply for UBS, a candidate should have a graduation degree in any field.
- UBS Chandigarh Admission Criteria 2018 selects a candidate on the basis of CAT score, GD & PI round and Final Merit List.
- The overall cut off required for UBS Chandigarh Admission by a general category student is expected to be around 90 to 92 percentile.
- Admission to MBA programmes will be granted to individuals who clear all rounds after considering their academic profile and other personal traits.
Read Non-IIMs accepting CAT Score
UBS Chandigarh Admission Schedule 2018
Here are all the important dates for UBS Chandigarh Admission for the academic session 2019-2021:
|Online Application Starts From||November 09, 2018|
|Last Date to generate Application Fee Bank Challan||December 10, 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Fees||December 12, 2018|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||December 15, 2018|
|Last Date to Send Printed Application form||December 22, 2018 |
How to Apply for UBS Chandigarh?
- Visit the official website i.e. ubsadmissions .puchd.ac.in
- On the homepage, click ‘Online Registration’
- Fill your CAT 2018 Registration Number, Mobile Number, E-mail and category in application form
- Print the bank slip and deposit fee within 24 hours
- After paying fee, log-in again after 24 hours
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Enter other personal and academic details
NOTE: The application fee for general category is INR 3250. For reserved category, it is INR 1625.
Read about CAT Registration 2018
UBS Chandigarh Admission Criteria 2018
UBS Chandigarh has a multi-step admission process wherein individuals must qualify each round to advance to the next. The steps involved in securing a seat in the business school are as follows:
- Clearing CAT 2018 Cut Off
- Appearance of shortlisted individuals for GD & PI process
- Preparing the final merit list based on CAT score and performance in GD & PI round.
Students must fulfill the eligibility criteria in addition to clearing the CAT cut off as decided by the institute. The minimum eligibility criteria for UBS is given below-
- Applicants should have a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks in the final examination (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates).
- They should have passed the final examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Candidates should obtain a minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates) in each section of CAT. This means they should clear the sectional cut off with at least 10% marks.
Check Top Non-IIM Institutes and their Admission Criteria
CAT Selection Process for UBS Chandigarh
- Admissions to the MBA programs will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of candidates in CAT.
- Once they clear the cut off as laid down by UBS, they will have to register themselves with the institute and aspirants will be shortlisted based on the information provided in the application forms.
- Shortlisted candidates must appear for the GD & PI rounds. These rounds will be held in the institute.
- The schedule for attending the same will be put up on the official website.
- In the GD round, aspirants will be given a topic wherein their creative thinking ability and socio-political awareness will be tested.
- Candidates will be interviewed by a panel of judges in the PI round to evaluate their academic profile, quality of work and personal characteristics.
Final Merit List
UBS Chandigarh will create a final merit list based on the performance of individuals in CAT and qualifying rounds. Merit list will be prepared separately for each category. It will be released in April/ May 2019. Counseling process will be conducted and admissions will be made based on ranks secured by applicants in this list. The weightage for each component of the selection process for UBS is given below-
|Group Discussion (GD)||7.5|
|Personal Interview (PI)||7.5|
In case there is a tie, the following rules will be applicable to decide the merit position of aspirants:
- An applicant who secures a higher percentage in the qualifying examination will rank higher in order of merit.
- Next, the candidate obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination will be preferred.
- If the tie remains unresolved then, individual senior in age will get the higher merit position.
Factors determining CAT Cut Off
All business schools will declare their respective cut off after the declaration of CAT Result. The results will be declared around the mid of January. CAT cut off is the minimum score set by various institutes which a candidate must obtain in order to qualify the exam. Aspirants who clear the cut off marks will be considered for further rounds of admission.
CAT Cut Off is determined by the following factors:
- Number of applicants who appeared for CAT
- Previous years’ cut off
- Individual’s Performance in exam
- Difficulty Level of entrance exam
- Availability of seats
- Reputation of institute or ranking
Check CAT Previous year cut off analysis
UBS Chandigarh Admission Criteria 2019 will consider several factors before admitting students. Candidates must appear and qualify each round of selection to secure a place in the institute. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of CAT score and GD & PI round. Qualified individuals must appear for counseling held by UBS and complete the admission formalities to confirm their seat.