University Business School (UBS), under the aegis of Panjab University, offers a 2-year full-time MBA program (Master in Business Administration) at its Panjab University Regional Center (PURC) Campus as Ludhiana.
Admission to this program is based on valid CAT score. Candidates seeking admission need to score above UBS’s CAT Cut off percentage in order to be able to appear for further group discussion and personal interview rounds.
For this year, CAT 2018 will be conducted on November 25, 2018. The exam is held in online mode only (computer based test). CAT 2018 Online Registration has started from August 8 and will continue until September 19, 2018. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks can register at the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in. In this article, we elaborate on the selection procedure of UBS Ludhiana.
UBS Ludhiana Admission Highlights
|Institute||University Business School (UBS), Panjab University|
|Program||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Number of Seats||66|
|Basic admission criteria||Entrance-based|
|Name of entrance||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
UBS Ludhiana Eligibility Criteria
Compulsory academic eligibility conditions to apply for MBA at UBS Ludhiana are:
- A Bachelor's / Post Graduate Degree in any discipline at Panjab University or a degree of any other Syndicate recognized University with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST/BC candidates). OR
- Successful completion of final examination conducted by either Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India/England, or Institute of Company Secretaries of India. OR
- Successful completion of AMIE Examination with a minimum score of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST/BC candidates) after completion of the diploma examination with at least 60% marks and at least 5-years of post-qualification research/teaching/professional experience.
- Applicants should possess a valid CAT Score.
Read more about BITS Pilani CAT 2018 Selection Process
Category-wise availability of Seats at UBS Ludhiana
|Persons with disability||3|
|Wards of Martyrs||1|
|Permanently Displaced in Kargil War||1|
|Wards of Kashmiri Displaced Persons||2|
|One Girl Child out of the only two girl children (OGC)||1|
|CancerAIDS Thalassemia patients||1 each|
|Rural area Students||2|
|Border Area Students||1|
- Total Seats for the MBA program: 66 (57 Seats + 9 Seats for NRI candidates)
- Admission in all reserved categories shall be made, subject to fulfillment of the applicable eligibility criteria and in accordance with the provisions of Panjab University.
UBS Ludhiana MBA Selection Process
Candidates seeking admission at UBS Ludhiana have to appear for the Common Admission Test conducted by the IIMs.
- UBS selects applicants on the basis of scores secured in CAT.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI) rounds.
- The number of candidates called for GD & PI is equal to 8-times the total number of seats in each category or the total number of eligible candidates, whichever is lower.
- The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the shortlisted candidates are held at UBS campus, Ludhiana. The intimation for GD/PI and its schedule is announced on the official website, http://ubsldhadmissions.puchd.ac.in and email alerts sent to the registered email address of the shortlisted candidates. Please note that there will be no other form of communication in this context. Also, candidates should bear in mind that attendance in GD & PI is compulsory. If any shortlisted candidate fails to attend either of the components, his/her candidature will be canceled.
- A merit list is prepared taking into consideration CAT score, and performance in GD & PI.
- Based on this merit list, candidates are invited for further counseling and admission. Information about the counseling schedule is displayed on the official website of UBS Ludhiana.
The weightage attributed to the different aspects of UBS Selection process in preparation of the final merit list is tabulated below:
|CAT Score||85% (Score Percentage - Not Percentile)|
- Only candidates who feature in the final merit list will be called for counseling and admission procedures.
- The selection of candidates is considered provisional, subject to verification of eligibility documents. The onus lies on the candidates to ensure the fulfillment of eligibility conditions as prescribed by the University. UBS reserves the right to cancel any candidature at any stage of the process in case any particular candidate is found to be ineligible.
In case of a tie in the merit position, UBS will implement the following rules:
- Admissions are offered strictly on the basis of merit.
- The higher percentage in qualifying examination will be ranked higher in order of merit .
- In case the qualifying examination scores is same then the candidate with higher marks in the immediate lower examination will rank higher in order of merit.
- If still tie persists, then seniority in age will be given precedence.
- Candidates applying under the NRI/Foreign National Quota should fulfill any one of the following criteria:
- Foreign nationals or PIO, holding citizenship of any other country other than India.
- Candidates with Indian origin parents/spouse who are a legal resident of a country other than India and will pay the fee from NRI accounts in foreign currency.
- Wards/spouse of NRI employed overseas.
- Valid GMAT scores submitted by foreign nationals/NRI candidates will be treated at par with the combined score of CAT, and GD-PI conducted by UBS-Ludhiana.
- Admission of Foreign Nationals/NRI applicants can be considered on the basis of inter-se merit against available seats even if they have not qualified the entrance test.
The documents that need to be attached with the UBS Ludhiana Application Form and presented during the selection process as well are listed below:
- Self-attested photocopies Marks Sheet and Certificate of Class 10th, 12th, and Qualifying Degree.
- CAT Score Card
- Supporting documents for candidates claiming reservation under SC/ST/BC categories, issued by appropriate authorities.
- Candidates seeking reservation against Kashmiri Migrant quota are required to produce a certificate from an authorized Government Officer in support of such claim along with Proof of current residence (such as Ration Card/Voter’s ID/Driving License/Aadhaar Card/Passport etc.)
- Wards of Freedom Fighters/Martyrs should produce valid certificate from the Ministry of Defence.
- Wards/dependents of 1984 riot affected person/terrorism affected family of Punjab has to submit a supporting certificate issued by deputy commissioner/district magistrate
- Candidates claiming reservation under Only Girl Child/One of Two Girl Children needs to submit an undertaking by the respective parents that the benefit of this scheme is being claimed for only One Girl Child out of the two girl Children and the same claim will not be made elsewhere for the 2nd girl child in future.
- Candidates suffering from Cancer/Aids/Thalassemia are required to present a certificate from one of the National Medical Institutes like PGI, AIIMS etc.
- Rural Area Students needs to produce a certificate from the D.E.O./Principal of educational institute attended, certifying that the same is located within the aforesaid rural area.
- Border Area Students will have to produce a certificate from the Tehsildar of the area or the Principal/Headmaster/Head of educational institute attended, certifying that the same is located within the aforesaid Border area.
- Candidates seeking admission against youth festival quota will have to give an undertaking that during the program tenure, the candidate will participate in the activities associated with his/her performance field.
- Sports quota candidates need to submit self-attested photocopies of sports certificates, roster form/list of players/competitors of the concerned tournament duly attested by the respective issuing authority or Head of Institution of last attended and an undertaking of sports achievements and attendance in University sports grounds.