Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB) has released itsadmission criteria online. Students can apply for post-graduate management courses latest by December 8. Admission to XIMB will be based on CAT 2017.
- CAT 2017 sectional cut off for XIMB will be more than 84 percentile.
- The overall CAT cut off 2017 for the institute is expected to be around 91 percentile.
- Scores of NMAT/XAT/GMAT/X-GMT are also accepted.
- Those who clear CAT cut off 2017 will be called for the WAT/ PI rounds conducted by XIM Bhubaneswar.
- The management institute offers MBA programs in BM, HRM, SM, RM, UMG, Global and executive MBA.
- XIMB final merit list will be prepared on the basis of CAT Result, Academic Profile, Work experience and Performance in GD/ PI.
Read CAT Counselling
XIMB Admission Dates 2018
For candidates applying for admission to XIMB this year, given below are all important dates:
|XIMB Registration begins on||September 1, 2017|
|XIMB Registration ends on||December 8, 2017|
|WAT/ PI rounds begin in||February 2018|
XIM Bhubaneswar Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria in addition to clearing the CAT 2017 cut off as decided by the business school. The minimum eligibility criteria for MBA courses offered by XIMB are given below-
- The lower age limit for XIMB only for the Executive MBA program is prescribed as 23 years as on July 1, 2018.
- Upper age limit is not fixed by the business school.
- Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s degree (of minimum 3 years duration) in any stream from a recognized institute/ university.
- They should score at least 55% aggregate in the qualifying exam of graduation.
- Students awaiting their final year results can also apply provided they complete their graduation by June 15, 2018 and can produce necessary documents for securing admission.
- Applicants who wish to pursue Executive MBA must have at least 3 years of experience in executive capacity in an organization of repute in the public, private or non-governmental sector.
- Self-employed individuals should have minimum 5 years of experience after obtaining the qualifying degree.
Read CAT Eligibility
How to Apply at XIMB 2018?
Apart from applying for CAT 2017, students must also apply for XIM Bhubaneswar separately. The application process of XIMB will conclude by December 8, 2017. Only those students who apply for the institute, as well as CAT, will be considered for admission. For applying to the institute, participants can follow the procedure given below:
- Log on to the official website of XIMB and click on ‘Admissions 2018’.
- Students will have to fill up the ‘Login Details’ to receive a unique XUB ID and Password for applying to XUB by email.
- Applicants should login using these credentials and fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, Professional Details, upload their photo & signature, and choose the programs they want to apply for and the respective test option. Verify these details and click on ‘Submit’.
- They will then have to pay the application fee through the Payment Gateway.
- Application fees are INR 1500 for the first option and INR 700 for each subsequent option.
- After filling the application form and paying the application fee successfully, candidates will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of their online application form.
Read aboutCAT Registration
Specifications for Photograph & Signature
|Specification||200x250 pixels||250x125 pixels|
XIM Bhubaneswar CAT Cut off 2017
For the purpose of shortlisting applicants for WAT and PI rounds, applicants will have to clear the sectional as well as overall CAT cut off. The overall cut off required for the institute falls around 91 percentile. The cut off required by XIMB aspirants applying through CAT 2017 is given below:
|Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||94|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation||84|
|Overall CAT cut off 2017||91|
XAT Cutoff for XIMB
For admission into XIM Bhubaneswar through XAT, aspirants need to clear XAT 2018 which is given below:
|Overall XAT cut off||90|
Note: If students are applying through GMAT, they need a minimum score of 550 to get a call from XIM Bhubaneswar for the further rounds of selection.
XIM Bhubaneswar Selection Criteria 2018
XIM Bhubaneswar will decide the section wise as well as total cut off marks which will be used for shortlisting candidates. The selection process is given below in brief:
- The shortlisted applicants will be called for Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- These rounds will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata.
- The final selection will be made on the basis of the individual's performance in XAT/ CAT/ GMAT or X-GMT as well as in the Writing Ability Test and Personal Interview.
- The academic and work profile of students will also be considered for preparing this list.
- The institute will inform candidates who are selected by email in the month of April 2018.
For any further queries, below are the contact details:
Plot No:12(A), Nijigada, Kurki,
Harirajpur-752050, Dist.-Puri, Odisha,
Phone: +91 6742377700.