MAT 2018 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE/OFFLINE TEST
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) 2018 will begin in a few weeks. All the candidates should start preparing smartly instead of reading any new topic. It is high time to buck up with the MAT Exam Preparation. AIMA (All India Management Association) will conduct the Exam on September 2, 2018, in offline mode and on September 15, 2018, in online mode at various centers across the nation.
|MAT 2018||MAT Paper Analysis||MAT Practice Papers|
This is a standardized Exam and is being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admissions into MBA and allied programs. The competition will be very high as around 10 lakhs candidates are going to appear for the exam. Hence, we are providing you the MAT Exam Preparation Tips for the help and ease of aspiring candidates.
The exam will consist of 200 objective type questions based on Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment. Mathematics section is the most scoring of all. candidates should follow MAT Preparation Tips for Mathematics Section as well to score better.
As competition is tough, so it is very important to keep your preparation up to the mark. Though Cracking MAT is not a tough task if the preparation is done right. Here we have compiled a list of last minute preparation tips, carefully crafted, to help you get the perfect rank and score in MAT 2018.
1. Nothing new for now: This is not really the time to start anything new and the candidates must start concentrating on the topics covered. Revising the covered topics will help the candidates to strengthen these topics while new topics will consume much time.
2. Know what you know: Just focus on stronger sections. Be confident but not over-confident.
3. Try Smart work: For the late bloomers who think all is lost, maybe it isn’t. Just go for the important topics and solve as many questions as you can. On analyzing the mock tests, the candidates will realize where they went wrong.
4. Systematic Approach in the exam: While solving the mock tests and sample papers, the candidates will be familiar with their strong and weak areas. Now during the test, the candidates would know what to avoid and what to attempt first in the in the test. With this method, the candidate will be able to give more time on their weak areas and avoid making mistakes.
5. Accuracy & Attempt: We all know that there is negative marking, for every wrong answer the candidates will lose 1/4th of the marks. So, you need to focus more on accuracy rather than attempting.
6. Make use of Techniques: Quant section may include lengthy calculations. So, to accentuate your speed and save time, practice a lot of shortcut techniques and use them while solving questions. Try to memorize formulas, tables, squares & cubes to escalate your promptness to solve. At the last moment, this is the best technique to follow for preparation.
7. Be Healthy: Make out some time for physical activities too to fresh your mind and stress-free. Drink plenty of water and eat healthily and stay healthy.
There will be 5 sections viz. language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning and Indian and Global Environment. Aspirants can check section wise preparation tipsbelow:
A total number of questions in this section will be 40. This section of reading comprehension is aimed at judging the comprehending and reading skills of the candidates.
To understand the passage, a regular reading practice is required to crack the same. The time suggested being taken to solve this part is 30 minutes.
This section will consist of 40 questions of 1 mark each. It will test the logical and critical reasoning of all the candidates. It includes topics like Data Arrangement, Blood Relations, Series and Sequences and Critical Reasoning, Direction Sense, Input/output analysis, Coding and Decoding.
This section forces the candidate to exert their mental capabilities to the maximum and that is the challenging part. The time suggested to be taken to complete this section is 30 minute.
This section targets to test the data interpretation skills of the candidates in regards to diagrams, reports and other such factual data. This section contains 40 questions of 1 mark each. Questions in this section are based on Direction Sense, input/output analysis, Coding and Decoding, Data Arrangement, Blood Relations.
The questions here would again be calculation intensive. The time suggested to be taken to complete this section is 35 minutes.
Candidates will be required to quickly answer the questions which would be based on business Mathematics, Arithmetic, and Geometry. There will be 40 questions to be solved within 40 minutes each carrying 1 mark.
It is important that the candidates thoroughly know their basic formulae and other concepts.
This section will basically focus on the current affairs of India and the world. The most effective way to get through this section is to be aware of the happenings of India and the World.
Like the other sections, this section will consist of 40 questions but need to be solved within 15 minutes. This section requires speed in attempting the questions with accuracy.
Although there is a mimnimal probability of questions repeating from previous years’, but solving MAT Practice Papers will definitely boost scores in MAT 2018 Exam. Aspirants can solve mock papers and practice papers and can solve individual test papers for each section in order to score better.
Candidates can download MAT Sample papers of various sections given below. Regular practice of these sample papers will increase a candidate’s chance of getting higher cut off marks.
|Sample Paper 1||Sample Paper 2||Sample Paper 3|
|Sample Paper 4||Sample Paper 5||Sample Paper 6|
|Sample Paper 7||Sample Paper 8||Sample Paper 9|
Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do. Just be confident & stand strong with focus and calmness
All the Best!!!
Check all solutions and analysis to MAT Feb 2018 e ...
Check MAT 2017 Answer Key & Analysis (Dec 10 & 16) ...
Read the following article on the best tips to cra ...