Only an excellent MAT Preparation will not help candidates reach the place where they want to be. The registration process holds and equal importance and plays a crucial role.
Following the MAT Photo Size and Dimensions are an important part of MAT Registration.
- For this, candidates can login to the official website that is aima.in.
- The last date to register online for MAT is August 24, 2018.
- Candidates must keep the correct passport size photo ready in scanned format since without uploading the photo online along with the application form, the registration process will be incomplete.
- If the size and dimension do not match the required criteria, then the conducting authority of MAT has every right to reject the application.
- After uploading the images, candidates can make the payment of the application fee and complete the registration process.
- Candidates who successfully register for MAT can appear for the examination on September 2 (offline) and September 15 (online).
MAT 2018 Photo Specifications
It is important that candidates follow the guidelines while uploading photo for registration purpose. AIMA is very particular about MAT Photo Size and Dimensions. Check the do’s and don’ts to follow below:
- The photo must be passport sized. Stamp sized photo will not be accepted.
- The photo uploaded must be a recent one. It should not be more than 6 months old.
- It must be colored photo with white background. If white background is not available, then any light-colored background will also serve the purpose well.
- Dark background or background with landscape must be avoided at all cost.
- Black and white photograph will not be accepted and it might lead to rejection of the application form altogether.
- It must be half bust photo so that the shoulders of the candidate must be visible.
- The preferred dimension of the passport sized photo is 200 x 230 pixels.
- The size of the photo file must not be more than 100 kb. The preferred file size is between 40 kb and 100 kb.
- To ensure that the file size stays within limit, one can also adjust the scanner settings such as DPI resolution, color usage, contrast etc.
- Only two image formats are allowed viz. Jpg or Jpeg format.
- Candidates must get photographed in some professional set up. Any shadow observed within the frame might also lead to rejection of the photo and application in general.
- The photograph must be without any expression, a straight face with the eyes straight towards the camera will serve the purpose.
- Candidates are ardently requested not to use any social media photo for MAT photo requirement purpose.
- All distinctive features such as eyes, nose, fore head must be clearly visible. Photos without clear distinctive features will be rejected once the application reaches AIMS, the conducting authority of MAT 2018.
- Any type of cap or hat must not be worn during the photo shoot. Any kind of religious head band will be allowed; however, it should be worn in a way that the face is not covered, nor should any shadow fall on the eyes of the candidate.
- Sunglasses or any type of yellow or brown glasses are a strict no while taking photo for MAT registration purpose.
- A red-eyed photo or a photo with flash on spectacle lens might also lead to rejection since under such situation candidate’s eye is not visible for identification.
MAT Photo Size and Dimensions are given such high importance due to the requirement for identification of the original candidate who applied for the entrance exam with the one who appeared in the exam hall. Without proper identification candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. So the uploaded photo which will also be on the admit card will act as an entry pass for candidates to the exam hall.
Check MAT Eligibility Criteria
MAT 2018 Signature Specifications
Similar to the photograph upload, there are certain technical details and information which are required to kept in mind while uploading signatures. These details are mentioned below for your reference.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the Applicant's signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Attendance Sheet, the applicant will be disqualified.
- MAT 2018 Signature Dimension: 200 x 300 pixels (preferred)
- MAT 2018 Signature Size: 10 KB - 40 KB
- MAT 2018 Signature Format: JPG/JPEG
How to Upload Photograph for MAT?
Here are the steps to follow to complete MAT Registration:
- Visit the official website for MAT i.e. aima.in
- Login using your registration number and unique password.
- The page will then direct to your own portal which will have a link to fill MAT application form.
- Once the application form is duly filled, you will need to upload your scanned photo in the portal.
- A separate link will be available on the application portal. Click on the link Upload Photograph in order to browse the scanned photo.
- Click the ‘Upload Button’ on the application portal
- Pay the requisite fee
- Submit MAT Application Form
Instructions for Scanning MAT Photograph
Candidates are often a little skeptical about the scanning procedure of MAT Photo. Here are quick guidelines to scan your photo successfully:
- The first and foremost advice is to set the scanner resolution to minimum of 200 DPI (dots per inch).
- The color setting should be to true color.
- Candidates can then use the edit option to crop the image to the advised size.
- The scanning process to the correct size will be easy for candidates using MS windows or MS Office.
- Candidates can also put to use MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager to ensure MAT Photo Size and dimensions.
- If candidate is using a file size and format not prescribed for the application portal, an error message will be displayed and the photo will not be uploaded.
- Without uploading the photo, candidate will not be able to proceed with submission of the application form.
We hope this article was of use to all you aspirants. Adhering to these specifications/ guidelines will ensure a smooth registration process. To avoid cancellation of your application form, do make sure that the photograph and signature is in the given format and size. Once the application form is successfully submitted, you may download MAT Admit Card. It is available on MAT Official Website from August 25, 2018 onwards.