MAT 2018 February exam was held on February 4 as Paper-based test and on February 17 as Computer-based test. For both the tests, exam paper was very similar with equivalent difficulty level. Raw score of 70+ is expected to award the percentile of 80+ and the raw score of 100 marks can award you the percentile of 94. Check MAT 2018 Cut off
Latest: MAT February 2018 Result has been declared on February 22. Click Here to check your result.
- Questions from Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment are asked in MAT Exam.
- There were 200 objective type questions, for each correct answer applicants will score 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- Based on the number of correct and incorrect answers, applicants can calculate their probable MAT Result and analyze their performance.
How to Check MAT Answer Key 2018?
MAT answer key will be available online by respective coaching centers. The link to download the answer key will be provided on this page after it is made available. Step by step procedure to download MAT answer key 2018 is explained below.
- Click on the link ‘MAT answer key 2018’ (Link will be activated after it is released)
- Look for the answer key matching with your question paper code.
- Click on it and download the .pdf file.
- Cross-check the answers and calculate the probable score
About MAT Answer Key 2018
- Aspirants should take note that AIMA will not release MAT answer key.
- If the answer key is released it will be available online only in the .pdf format.
- Coaching institutes release memory-based MAT 2018 answer key after the exam gets over.
- Aspirants are advised to download the correct key corresponding to their question booklet provided during the exam if it is made available.
How to Calculate MAT Score?
Based on the number of the correct and incorrect answer, applicants can calculate the probable score. To calculate the score, applicants have to follow the marking scheme prescribed by AIMA. Applicants can check the MAT marking scheme below.
MAT Marking Scheme
|Marks for correct answer||+1|
|Marks for the wrong answer||-0.25 or 1/4th|
ReadMAT Exam Pattern 2018
MAT 2018 February Analysis
- The question format was similar to the earlier year and the difficulty level was more or less similar.
- However, as per to the exam takers, MAT 2018 February paper was a direct test but the section Data Analysis and Reasoning was somewhat dubious.
- Many aspirants also had difficulty in completing the paper as they didn’t adhere to the suggested time limit despite knowing their responses.
- Even few questions in the section on Indian & Global Environment were slightly difficult as compared to the earlier years.
- MAT February 2018 offline test was organized on February 4, 2018, in a single session and the online exam was held on Feb 17.
Check MAT 2017 Analysis (December 16), Question Paper, Answer Key & Cutoff
MAT 2018 Result
- MAT result will be declared through AIMA in the last week of February.
- Applicants can see their MAT Result and download the scorecard by entering their roll number, form number and test month.
- MAT scorecard will show the applicant’s sectional marks, composite marks and percentile.
- The examination authority will also send the hard copy of MAT scorecard by post after the declaration of the result.
What is MAT composite score?
- The composite score is calculated based on the marks scored in language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning.
- Each section is scaled on a range of 0-100.
- From this, the composite score is calculated on a scale ranging from 200 to 801.
- The Indian and Global Environment section is scored separately on a scale of 0 to100.
Read MAT 2017 Score Calculation & Composite Score
MAT Cutoff 2018
- MAT Cut off 2018 will be declared via all the participating institutes in March.
- Applicants can check the minimum cutoff score for each college on its respective website.
- MAT Cutoff is the main foundation utilized for screening candidates for encouraging choice rounds-Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- MAT Result will form the basis for selection for these pre-admission rounds.
The following table indicates expected institute-wise MAT cut off 2018:
|Top B-Schools||Expected MAT Cut off 2018|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|Japuria Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA (Pune University)||600|