TISSNET 2018 was successfully held on January 6, 2018. Like last year, this year’s format was computer based and there was no negative marking. TISSNET scores are accepted only by TISS and its four campuses: Mumbai, Gauwahati, Tuljapur and Hyderabad.Check TISSNET Cut off
Click Here to Check: TISSNET Results 2018 released at appln.tiss.edu, score card available
- There was a heavy dose of Static GK too which could make a difference in the eventual marks that one gets in the exam. Check TISSNET Paper Analysis (Detailed)
- Unlike in other exams, the DI in TISSNET had no Sets and each of the 8 questions was independent of each other and had a graph attached to the same.
- General Knowledge had questions on Current affairs, peoples, books and sports persons.
- TISS is expected to release TISSNET 2018 Result by January 27, 2018 (8pm).
- Candidates who have obtained the minimum cut off score are only eligible to participate in TISSNET Selection Procedure.
TISSNET 2018 Answer Key
According to the notification issued by TISS, the Question Paper and Answer Key will be made available on the official website when the online exam is wrapped up in all 39 exam centers across the country. Candidates applying for a single or multiple programs have to answer 100 objective type questions in 100 minutes. Questions related to General Awareness carried 40 marks, English Proficiency carried 30 marks and the remaining 30 marks for Maths and Logical Reasoning.
How to Access TISSNET 2018 Answer Key?
The following steps involved in accessing the answer key of TISSNET 2018 are as follows:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.tiss.edu
- Go to the ‘MA Admission Eligibility Test TISSNET 2018’ section.
- Click on the ‘Answer Key’ link.
- Check your answer and Download the answer key for future references.
TISSNET 2018 Paper Analysis
- A general trend observed over the years is that the exam difficulty is average.
- Most aspirants who have taken the test felt that the General Awareness section is tougher than the other sections.
- The first section on General Awareness comprised of 40 questions. The questions covered a broad range of current affairs including books, people and sports.
- The second section on English Proficiency comprised of 30 questions. The questions included antonyms, word analogies, reading comprehension and spot the grammatical error.
- The third section on maths and logical reasoning comprised of 30 questions. The questions included arrangement, set theory, number system and geometry.
TISSNET – Sectional Analysis
General Awareness –
- General Awareness comprised questions from both static and current GK with the maximum number of questions from current GK.
- Almost all the areas like Science, Geography, Sports, Economics, Polity, Current Affairs, etc. were covered.
- The current affairs questions were of easy to moderate level of difficulty whereas the questions from static GK were more difficult to attempt.
- A good score in this section could be 21-23.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning –
- This section was fairly easy in terms of the level of difficulty.
- Some questions on Logical reasoning were quite tricky.
- The Data Interpretation section was calculation intensive and had only one question per figure.
- The ideal time allocation for this section would be 30-35 min.
- An attempt of at least 23-25 questions would be considered good as the section was fairly easy.
English Proficiency –
- The level of difficulty of this section was easy to moderate.
- The main areas covered were: RCs, Error spotting, Odd Man Out, Antonyms, Analogy, etc.
- No question was witnessed from Para Jumbles this year. Although, one or two questions had tricky options, yet the candidates managed to attempt the questions well.
- An attempt of 25-27 questions could be considered good in order to score well.
TISSNET Cut off 2018
- The cut off for TISS Exam is declared along with the result only.
- These are the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate must secure to stand eligible for next selection rounds.
- Some of the factors that determine TISSNET Cut off include previous year cutoff, difficulty level of exam, number of test takers, etc.
- Given below are the expected category-wise cut off marks for TISSNET 2018. However, TISS will declare the official cut off in February 2018.
|Program||Category||TISSNET 2018 Cutoff (Official)|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations||General category||82|
|Development Studies||General category ||75|
Previous Year TISSNET Cut off (2013-2016)
|Category||Cut off Score|
|General||73 – 76||74-77||70-73||77-81|
|Other Backwards Classes||–||65-68||63-66||77-81|
|Person with Disability||–||62-65||58-61||65-67|