TISSNET 2019 was successfully conducted on January 13 in a single session across 39 cities in India. The exam had a single question paper for all the MA programs offered by TISS. As per the students and experts, GK was the toughest and the other two has simple and direct questions. Check TISSNET Paper Analysis
- The cut off marks are expected to be within the range of 72 to 76 marks only. Check TISSNET Cut off
- The exam was held in a CBT mode, 100 MCQs to be completed within 100 minutes.
- TISS is expected to release TISSNET Result by February 4 at 8 pm.
How to Access TISSNET 2019 Answer Key?
According to the notification issued by TISS, the Question Paper and Answer Key will be made available on tiss.edu. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official portal of TISS
- Go to the ‘MA Admission Eligibility Test TISSNET 2019’ section.
- Click on the ‘Answer Key’ link.
- Check your answer and Download the answer key for future references.
TISSNET 2019 Paper Analysis
- A general trend observed over the years is that the exam difficulty is average.
- Most aspirants who have taken the test felt that the General Awareness section was tougher than the other sections.
- General Awareness section comprised of 40 questions. The questions covered a broad range of current affairs including books, people and sports.
- English Proficiency section comprised of 30 questions. The questions included antonyms, word analogies, reading comprehension and spot the grammatical error.
- Maths and logical reasoning section comprised of 30 questions. The questions included arrangement, set theory, number system and geometry.
TISSNET – Sectional Analysis
General Awareness –
- General Awareness comprised questions from both static and current GK with the maximum number of questions from current GK.
- Almost all the areas like Science, Geography, Sports, Economics, Polity, Current Affairs, etc. were covered.
- The current affairs questions were of easy to moderate level of difficulty whereas the questions from static GK were more difficult to attempt.
- A good score in this section could be 21-23.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning –
- This section was fairly easy in terms of the level of difficulty.
- Some questions on Logical reasoning were quite tricky.
- The Data Interpretation section was calculation intensive and had only one question per figure.
- The ideal time allocation for this section would be 30-35 min.
- An attempt of at least 23-25 questions would be considered good as the section was fairly easy.
English Proficiency –
- The level of difficulty of this section was easy to moderate.
- The main areas covered were: RCs, Error spotting, Odd Man Out, Antonyms, Analogy, etc.
- No question was witnessed from Para Jumbles this year. Although, one or two questions had tricky options, yet the candidates managed to attempt the questions well.
- An attempt of 25-27 questions could be considered good in order to score well.
Check detailed TISSNET 2019 Paper Analysis
TISSNET Cut off
The cut off for TISS Exam is declared along with the result only. These are the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate must secure to stand eligible for next selection rounds. Given below are the expected category-wise cut off marks for TISSNET 2019. However, TISS will declare the official cut off in February/ March 2019.
|Program||Category||TISSNET Cutoff (Official)|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations||General category||82|
|Development Studies||General category ||75|
Check TISSNET Participating Institutes and Fees
Previous Year TISSNET Cut off (2013-2016)
|Category||Cut off Score|
|General||73 – 76||74-77||70-73||77-81|
|Other Backwards Classes||–||65-68||63-66||77-81|
|Person with Disability||–||62-65||58-61||65-67|