GMAC Guidelines 2018 related to photo specification remains same every year. The application form will be available online from July 3 until October 3. Registration is considered successful only when you have entered all the details with supporting images and documents properly. It is apparent that the details entered during NMAT Registration must be accurate and authentic so as to avoid rejection of online form.
Often, candidates tend to make errors when it comes to uploading their photograph in NMAT Online Form as they do not adhere to the specified size, dimensions or format. With influx of a number of queries emailed to us, we thought of apprising you with all the important details of the same. Here are some quick points regarding CAT 2018 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details.
- Photograph should be in one of these formats: JPG, PNG, GIF.
- No landscaped or rotated pictures are allowed
- Size should not exceed 1 MB.
- After uploading the images, candidates can make the payment of NMAT application fee.
- Images in Admit Card must match with the images uploaded in the application form.
- NMAT Admit Card can be downloaded by successfully registered candidates in September 2018, from nmat.org.in.
NMAT Photo Specifications
Scanning and uploading of Photo is the most important step in the registration procedure. Ensure that the scanned image of his photograph matches all the specifications declared by the conducting authority. The details are as follows:
|NMAT Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||200 X 230 pixels|
|Size||Max. 1 MB|
|Format||JPG, GIF, PNG|
Note: Applications that do not contain the photograph as per the standards may be liable for rejection.
Do's and Don’ts for NMAT Photograph
Applicants must be aware of the entire Do’s and Don’ts related to NMAT photograph. This will enable a smooth completion of NMAT application process.
- The photograph must be a recent one.
- Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- The photo should have either white or lightly colored background.
- Eyes should be open and clearly visible.
- Test taker face should be distinctly visible, straight and at the centre.
- Shoulder tops should be also clear in the photo.
- Face must be facing straight and must not be in any other direction. Candidates must be looking straight into the camera. All distinct features such as eyes, nose and hair must be clearly visible.
- No landscaped or rotated pictures are allowed.
- Eyes of candidates cannot be closed. Also, candidates must avoid looking elsewhere other than straight towards the camera.
- Self-taken photographs or/and other such photographs taken with a low quality gadget must be avoided.
- Candidates must steer clear of using Facebook pictures or pictures from any such social media as they do not meet the requirements set.
- Dark background must be avoided at all costs.
- There must no shadow falling on the face of candidates.
- Photographs in which any one of the distinctive features are unclear will be rejected.
- It is upon the candidates to ensure that the photograph that is uploaded will aid the staff of NMAT conducting authority to sufficiently recognize and verify that particular individual’s identity.
- Following photographs will not be accepted:
- Facebook photos and/or photos not having the above mentioned specifications of size.
- Photos in which the test administration staff cannot sufficiently authenticate your identity.
- Photos with a dark color background.
NMAT Signature Specifications
Similar to the photo upload, there are certain technical details and information which are required to keep in mind while uploading signatures. These details are mentioned below for your reference.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the Applicant's signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Attendance Sheet, the applicant will be disqualified.
|NMAT Signature Specifications|
|Dimensions||140 X 60 pixels|
|Size||10 – 20 KB|
|Format||JPG or PNG|
How to Upload Photograph and Signature for NMAT?
Candidates can upload their scanned photograph and signature with the help of below steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NMAT 2018 i.e. nmat.org.in.
Step 2: Login via your NMAT Credentials – Registration Number and password.
Step 3: The candidate’s portal will appear with a detailed application form.
Step 4: Enter the required information and then move for photo and signature upload.
Step 5: There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
Step 6: Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
Step 7: Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo / Signature file has been saved.
Step 8: Select the file and Click the 'Upload' button.
Instructions for Scanning Photograph & Signature
Candidates should note down certain technical directions mentioned below for scanning their photographs and signature properly.
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see points mentioned above for the pixel size] in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed. While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.