BITSAT (SAT) for International Candidates is an exam gateway designed for foreign aspirants. Citizens from any country, with a valid citizenship certificate issued by any foreign country can apply for the exam.
- Every class will have 15% foreign students out of 100.
- SAT score, SAT subject score and score in physics, chemistry and mathematics in high school will be considered.
- A minimum of 75% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry each and combined percentage must be more than 60% in 10+2 level.
- No exam is conducted by BITS institute only SAT score will be used for creation of merit list of BITSAT.
SAT 2017/2016/2015 score will be considered for the creation of merit list. SAT score in reasoning and subject test score must be submitted before deadline dates. Students must strictly possess the non-Indian passport.
BITSAT (SAT) 2017 Highlights
- Application form filling window for BITS for international applicants opens up in January.
- Filling of the application form can be done in the online mode only.
- Students have to submit SAT subject score and SAT score latest by mid- June.
- Admission letters will be issued in the month of August.
- SAT (Standardised aptitude test) is compulsory to be cleared by all the foreign applicants.
- SAT exam is a mix of MCQ (Multiple Choice Question), writing and reading based exercises.
- Formulae for evaluation of score is SAT score + School GPA= Success in college.
- 4 sections will be there in SAT exam, every section breaks down into sub sections.
- SAT perfect score comes to be around 2400. SAT low score limit is 1160.
- SAT scores are scaled so that if there is an increased difficulty level or any difference comes up in the difficulty level of SAT, it is matched for all the 6 attempts, and the scaling from raw score to scaled score is such that the raw score is not disturbed because of difficulty level change in different SAT exams.
No exact calculation can be devised for SAT, as equating formulae is used which changes from test to test.
BITSAT (SAT) 2017 Exam Dates
Students must make a note or bookmark the page to remember all the dates important for BITS Application Form for International Applicants:
|Online form filling commencement||January 4, 2017|
|Last date to fill application form||March 15, 2017|
|Editing the online application form||March 16, 2017- March 17, 2017|
|Last date to receive SAT subject score||March 15, 2017|
|Admission offer||Second week of April, 2017|
|Commencement of first semester||August 1, 2017|
The detailed schedule for BITSAT (SAT) 2017 has been given below in a tabular format. Also, there are certain points which must be kept in mind during registration,
- Entries sent through the mail must be received by deadlines set for international students.
- Registration done through a representative must be accompanied with the necessary charges.
|SAT Date||SAT Subject Test Available||Early Registrations via Representative ||Registration Deadline||Deadline for Changes|
|October 7, 2017||Spanish, French, Physics, Chemistry, Biology E/M, Mathematics Level 2, Mathematics Level 1, Literature, U.S. History||August 23, 2017||September 8, 2017||September 27, 2017|
|November 4, 2017||U.S. History, Literature, Korean with Listening, Japanese with Listening, Chinese with Listening, Spanish with Listening, German with Listening, French with Listening, Physics, Biology E/M, Chemistry, Mathematics Level 1, Mathematics Level 2||September 20, 2017||October 5, 2017||October 25, 2017|
|December 2, 2017||U.S. History, Literature, World History, Mathematics Level 1, Mathematics Level 2, Biology E/M, Chemistry, Physics, French, Spanish, Latin||October 18, 2017||November 2, 2017||November 21, 2017|
|May 5, 2018||Literature, U.S. History, Mathematics Level 1, Mathematics Level 2, Biology E/M, Chemistry, Physics, French, Spanish||March 21, 2018||April 6, 2018||April 25, 2018|
|June 2, 2018||Literature, U.S. History, World History, Mathematics Level 1, Mathematics Level 2, Biology E/M, Chemistry, Physics, French, German, Spanish, Modern Hebrew, Italian, Latin||April 18, 2018||May 3, 2018||May 23, 2018|
BITSAT (SAT) 2017 Eligibility for International Candidates
SAT eligibility is defined under separate heads such as nationality, age limit, academic qualification and number of attempts a candidate gives for SAT. The detailed eligibility has been given below:
Eligibility as per Nationality
- A valid foreign passport and citizenship documents are required.
- Only international students can apply under the scheme.
- SAT exam is conducted across multiple countries, for admission to colleges in US, Australia, Singapore and United Kingdom.
Eligibility as per Age Limit
- There is no upper or lower age limit defined for admission to M.Sc or BE program.
- SAT exam has no defined age limit, but minimum age comes to be around 17 or 18 years.
Eligibility as per Academics/Education
- 10 + 2 examinations must be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English conducted by the country's Board of Higher/Senior Secondary Education for BITSAT 2017.
- Candidates who have cleared high school examination in 2016 or appearing for examination in 2017 can apply for admission.
- A minimum of 75% in each of the subject Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is required.
- Aggregate score in SAT 2017/2016/2015 must be at least 1160 (out of 1600) and SAT subject score must be 1600 out of 2400 in SAT Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
- SAT subject test must be written in 2015 or after is accepted for BIT 2017.
Note: In case you are yet to take SAT or your SAT score is awaited, your admission will be provisional, depending upon BITS guidelines.
Important Instructions for BITSAT (SAT) Admission International Applicants
- International applicants can submit BITS Application Form even without SAT score (yet to take SAT) or the result of the qualifying examination.
- SAT score and SAT subject test score must be submitted in the format accepted before the last dates defined.
- Class 12 examination result must be uploaded online by June 25, 2017.
- Fee must be deposited if you receive the admission letter from BITS, however, if you fail on the admission criteria defined, your admission will be cancelled.
- FEE refund will be done according to the policy defined by BITS.
- Provisional admission will be done on the basis of SAT subject test score.
- Conversion from provisional admission to permanent admission will be done only when SAT scorecard is submitted.
- If the score card meets the minimum score requirement defined, then only the admission will be converted to permanent.
- Last date to provide SAT subject test score is March 15, 2017.
SAT Cut Off for International Applicants
- International applicants will be evaluated on the basis of SAT reasoning test score and SAT subject test score.
- Once this is done, the merit list will be prepared.
- SAT cut off score depends upon the following parameters:
- Number of applicants applying for admission
- Intake capacity of the program
- Difficulty level of SAT exam
- Number of candidates who failed to submit the necessary documents.
- Highest score in the entrance exam.
|B.E. Chemical (A1)||2330||2050||2230||2230||-||-|
|B.E. Civil (A2)||1990||1990||2330||2330||-||-|
|B.E. Electrical and Electronics (A3)||2400||1990||2340||2100||2360||2150|
|B.E. Mechanical (A4)||2360||1990||2360||2010||2380||2190|
|B.E. Computer Science (A7)||2400||2360||2400||2380||2400||2380|
|B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation (A8)||2230||1910||2270||2050||2070||1810|
|B.E. Electronics and Communications (AA)||2400||2250||2390||2280||-||-|
|B.E. Manufacturing (AB)||2350||2350||2390||2390||-||-|
|M.Sc. Biological Sciences (B1)||2360||2110||-||-||-||-|
|M.Sc. Chemistry (B2)||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|M.Sc. Economics (B3)||2040||2040||-||-||-||-|
|M.Sc. Mathematics (B4)||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|M.Sc. Physics (B5)||2380||2310||2400||2400||2400||1830|