NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture). NATA 2019 was successfully conducted on April 14, 2019. Objective of NATA 2019 is to conduct a single examination with an aim to assess the aptitude and analytical skills of the candidates. Candidates, who successfully clear NATA 2019 are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor of Architecture course across the participating institutes of NATA 2018.
Goa College of Architecture is a higher educational institute that was established in the year 1982 by the Government of Goa. It is affiliated to Goa University of Mumbai and is approved by the Council of Architecture.
- College imparts undergraduate as well as postgraduate level programs in the field of architecture.
- Candidates can find the B.Arch. application form on the official website of Goa University.
- The form is to be downloaded and printed, duly filled in and submitted along with the application fee of INR 1500/- through Demand Draft drew in favor of Director of Technical Education, payable at Panaji, Goa from any nationalized bank.
- Candidates seeking admission in B.Arch. must have a valid score in GCET 2019 and NATA.
- If the NATA marks of two candidates are equal, the candidate with higher marks in Mathematics will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If the above marks are also equal, then the candidate with an earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the merit list.
Institute is located in the capital of Goa i.e. Panaji. The institute is well equipped with all the modern facilities. It has a well-maintained book library, computer lab with high-speed internet connectivity. All the science labs are highly maintained and have been equipped with modern machineries and equipments.
NATA 2017 Result will be declared tentatively on June 10, 2017. Candidates can check their result on official website of NATA- nata.in. It will be published in e-format. The scorecards published on website will be used in NATA admission process.
Goa College of Architecture Admission to B.Arch. Course
Qualifying in Nata 2017 Does Not Constitute a Right/ Guarantee in Favor of The Candidate for Their Admission to Any Architecture Course Unless They Has Fulfilled All the Prescribed Requirements as Specified by Respective Counselling and Admission Authorities.
Only candidates who have the following credentials will be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course.
- Qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2017 OR qualified in NATA 2016
- Have gone through any of the following curriculum with marks as prescribed below:
(a) secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects;
(b) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Govts with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics;
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling with 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination
No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
Reservations under different categories
NATA-2017 is a qualifying examination where a general merit list will be published along with score of candidate. Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/ counselling authority and this examination has nothing to do with it. However, candidates with specific disability of color blindness may be debarred from admission to B. Arch. Course, as per the policy of the respective institution/ University.
Goa College of Architecture B.ARCH Merit List
- Merit list will be based on aggregate of marks obtained in NATA and the aggregate marks obtained at the qualifying examination (HSSC/Diploma) added in the ratio of 1:1 i.e. with 50% weightage each for NATA score and aggregate marks in qualifying examination.
- In case the above combined marks are equal, applicant with higher NATA marks will be placed higher in order of merit.
- If the NATA marks are also equal, then applicant with higher marks in Mathematics will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If the above marks are also equal, then the applicant with earlier date of birth will be placed higher in the merit list.
Goa College of Architecture B.ARCH Guidelines 2017
GCET Form (A) is to be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted by all GCET 2017 applicants, who wish to appear at GCET 2017. Students aspiring to seek admissions only to MBBS and BDS courses in the State of Goa need not appear at GCET 2017, and hence need not submit Form A.
Form B is to be filled and submitted for admissions to GCET 2017 based courses. This form can be collected at the time of submission of Form A and submitted in June 2017 on specified dates, at specified locations, as notified.
Form B1 is to be filled and submitted for admissions to NATA based B. Arch course only. This form is to be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted by all B.Arch aspirants, in June 2017 on specified dates, at specified locations, as notified.
Goa College of Architecture B.Arch Counselling 2017
In GCARCH Counselling, the seats will be allocated on the basis of merit secured by the candidates. Only the final merit will be considered for seat allocation. Candidates will have to report in person at the reporting center and get their documents verified. The GCARCH Counselling will begin in June, 2017.
Procedure of GCARCH 2017 Counselling
The candidates must be aware of the admission procedure of GCARCH 2017. Check the important details of GCARCH Counselling below.
- Goa, will prepare the Merit List of GCARCH, for the candidates who will qualify in the entrance examination. It will contain the rank of the candidates.
- The merit list will be available on the official website along with the schedule of Counselling of GCARCH 2017.
- Only the candidates who will fill the Form B1 at the reporting center will be allowed for admission in B.Arch courses.
- All the candidates who will be included in the merit list must report to the admission center, Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa, in person along with the relevant documents, acknowledgement slip and tuition fee.
- If the candidates failed to submit any of the important documents while GCARCH Counselling, it will lead to cancellation of the candidature.
- While counselling, the candidates who will be present at the time of counselling will be allowed to give the preferences of seats as per their choice from the seats available at that point.
- On the basis of merit rank and preferences of seats, the candidates will be allotted seats in the first round of GCARCH 2017 Counselling.
- If the candidates failed to participate in person to the Counselling of GCARCH 2017 or withdraw from the admission offered, the admission of such candidates will lose the claim of seat. The seats will then be offered to the next candidates in the merit list.
- If the candidate reaches late to the admission center, they will be allotted seats to the only seats available at the particular point of time. No changes in the admitted list will be done.
- After every round of GCARCH Counselling, the list of provisional admitted candidates will be displayed on the website which will indicate the institution, branch, category and marks.
- If the seats will be left vacant, then it will be filled in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- In each round, the unclaimed and vacant seats will be transferred to the general category candidates.
Documents to be furnished with Form B1 for B. Arch Counselling
The following requisite documents must be attached with Form B1 while submitting it to the admission in charge.
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Statement of marks of H.S.S.C. (Class 10+2) or equivalent examination.
- Birth Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Certificate of residence from the Mamlatdar, indicating period of continuous residence (minimum last 10 years) of the applicant in Goa.
- Bonafide student’ certificate from institution last studied (if applicable).
- Transfer certificate from school or college last attended.
- Certificate of Income’ as issued by local Panchayat.
- Non-Migrant Caste Certificate.
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable).
- OCI/PIO Card/document issued by the Competent Authority for NRI candidates.
- Copy of Passport as proof of Indian citizenship.
- NATA Scorecard (If the candidate has already got the score).