Manipal School of Architecture and Planning or MSAP or FAPD (Faculty of Architecture, Planning and Design) is an architectural institution which is a constituent of Manipal University. The college offers one single course on Architecture as of today. It was established in 1978. Admission to the course is through the all- India level NATA (National Architecture Aptitude Test).
- The candidate must note that appearing for NATA 2017 and obtaining a valid NATA 2017 Score Card doesn’t entitle to admissions in various Architecture colleges.
- NATA 2017 is just a centralized aptitude test for admission to Architecture course. Any institute that is recognized by AICTE must obtain approval of CoA (Council of Architecture).
- Candidate has to appear for the state university exam or the exam conducted by the particular university along with NATA 2017 for admissions.
- Candidate must obtain a valid score card in both. The total score of the candidate will be calculated by considering 50% marks from the State Board/ any other qualifying examination with Mathematics as one subject and 50% marks obtained in NATA 2017.
- The candidate is required to contact the institutes personally for admissions in case no other qualifying examination is required apart from NATA 2017.
- The candidate must carry Class 10th and 12th Mark sheets separately along with the printout of NATA 2017 scorecard to the institute for admission to the architecture program.
- The NATA 2017 Score Card is considered valid only if the candidate scores minimum of 25% marks i.e. 50/200 in NATA 2017.
Admission to the above college is open to students who have passed the qualifying 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized board with at least 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. The Candidates must have secured a minimum of 40% Marks (80 out of 200) in the NATA Examination (National Aptitude Test in Architecture), conducted by Council of Architecture, India or Equivalent.
MSAP Application Process 2017
In order to get admission in MSAP, candidates need to apply online at the official website. Admissions are offered on the basis of Merit List prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in NATA and class 12.
Steps involved in the Online Application Procedure:
- Step 1: Basic Information
- Step 2: Contact Information
- Step 3: Educational Qualification
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
- Step 5: Confirmation
Submission of Application Form
The duly filled in application form has to be submitted online only. But the candidates are required to send the photocopy of their Class 12/ diploma marks card and NATA score card before the due date to Manipal University.
Manipal Institute of Technology
Manipal – Udupi District Karnataka – 576104
MSAP Application Fees
As per the prospectus, candidates applying for B.Arch program are exempted from paying any Application fee.
Manipal University Architecture Course Fees
|1st Installment||INR 3,12,000|
|2nd Installment||INR 3,02,000|
|3rd Installment||INR 3,02,000|
|4th Installment||INR 3,02,000|
|5th Installment||INR 3,02,000|
|Total Fees||INR 15,20,000|
Method of Tie-Resolution for an Admission
- The Net Average Score (NAS) obtained during the qualifying examination is calculated by taking the gross average marks of all the Board/University examinations and subtracting a factor determined on the basis of the number of failures.
- The tied applicants are re-ranked on the basis of NAS.
- In the event of NAS of two (or more) tied applicants being equal, the applicant with the lesser number of failures is ranked higher.
- For the purpose of this rule, each failure in a subject in a (semester/year) Board/University examination is counted as one failure. Non-appearance in a particular subject in an examination for whatever reason is also counted as failure.
MSAP Counselling 2017
Admissions are done on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and NATA conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA).
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in Class 12 examination and NATA 50 % weightage to both HSC marks and NATA.
- Manipal University will declare a list of candidates in the order of merit on the official website.
Candidates can check the MU counseling procedure as it is planned to have seven rounds of counseling. The first round, intra-institute sliding and spot round is physical rounds whereas rest of the rounds is online counseling. Depending on the vacancy, an additional round of counseling may be conducted.
Registration: In this round, candidates need to register themselves. Physical appearance of the candidate at the counseling is mandatory. Only the candidate / representative will be allowed into the counseling hall.
Document Verification: Candidates should produce the original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies at the time of Document Verification. The original documents will be given back to the candidates after the verification is done.
Check NATA Result & Counselling
MSAP Counselling Procedure 2017
On-Line Counselling Procedure for admission to B.Arch program at MSAP-
1. Submission of Registration-cum-Counselling Fee and Online Application Forms
All candidates desirous of seeking admission to B.Architecture programs at MSAP are required to visit official website to pay initial registration-cum-counselling fee. After payment, candidates are required to visit the website once again and fill online registration form.
2. Allotment of Seat
- The counselling for B. Arch program will be done online at MSAP as per the schedule.
- The Seat for admission to B.Arch program at MSAP will be allotted based on the Rank obtained in NATA-2017 Paper subject to the eligibility criteria as per the schedule
- Candidates are required to report for admission at MSAP on the date specified (as per the counseling schedule) along with fee and the original documents/testimonials/certificates required at the time of Admission
- If candidate does not report within the specified period and with the required original documents/testimonials/certificates, his/her allotted seat shall be cancelled and the candidate will not have any claim on the seat, whatsoever.
- Those candidates, who pay their admission fee and participated in counselling process after duly verifying their documents, will ONLY be considered as SUCCESSFUL ADMITTED CANDIDATES.
- Candidates who get seat allotment first time in any round and who do not pay their fee will forfeit their seat allotment automatically and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment. However, such students can participate in the Spot Round.
3. Spot round subject to availability of seats
The SPOT ROUND will be conducted for the vacant seats, if any. The following candidates are eligible to participate in the spot round:
- The Candidates who have not taken admission up to Third Round.
- The Candidates who have not been offered seat up to Third Round.
- The Candidates who withdrew after taking admission before the last date of withdrawal.
No fee will be refunded to the candidates admitted during the Spot Round on withdrawal. Candidates are advised to carefully exercise confirmation of the admission in the Spot Round.
Document required during NATA Counselling 2017
There are certain set of documents that a candidate has to carry at the time of NATA Counselling. The list is general and it is suggested to check with the respective institutes or counselling authorities before attending the counselling process. Listed below are the important documents to be carried at the time of counselling:
- NATA Admit Card 2017
- NATA Score Card 2017
- Class 12th Marks Sheet and Certificate
- Class 10th Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/Special category candidates)
- Residence Certificate
- Domicile for the state University exam
- 3- 4 passport size photographs in light background without goggles or as per the guidelines of the state University or College
- Category reservation certificate for the students who are applying under the Reserved category guidelines
- Certificate for ex- servicemen quota is different and must be supplied in the format asked by the University/College
- Transfer certificate from the last institute/ school you studied in