There seems a lot of confusion among engineering aspirants over JEE Main Rank & Scores. This article will give you information on JEE Main Rank, JEE Rank List, Score & Details mentioned in it!
- JEE Mains Result are usually divided in two parts JEE Main Score Card and All India Ranks i.e. AIR.
- Merit list will be declared at the time of counselling and class 12 marks will not be considered for rank calculation.
- Candidates have to select their preference of institutes during the registration process of JEE Main Counselling.
- JEE Main Score is generally used for preparing the JEE Main rank list, which serve as the basis for admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
JEE Main Score Card Validity
JEE Main score card is usually valid for one years after JEE Main results are declared. Candidate can make use of the score card up to one years for attaining admission in their choice of institution. JEE Main score card consists of following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Parents’ Name
- Category to which candidate belongs
- Candidate’s State
- Subject wise scores
- All India Rank (Category wise)
- Normalized score
Relevance of High Rank in JEE Main
- JEE Main Rank indicates your ranking in All India Rank, State rank and Category rank with total marks.
- JEE Main Rank provide as a ground for granting admission to B.E./B.Tech in top engineering colleges of India.
- 24,000 undergraduate engineering seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their JEE Main AIRs.
- A candidate can download JEE Main score card from the official website of JEE Main after the declaration of result.
- While other ranks are for the information purpose of the student, only All India Rank is considered for admission to NITs/IITs/CFTIs/Others through Central Seat Allocation Board.
JEE Main Cutoff For the Top 5 IIITs (General Category)
Candidate can refer to the following table to get an idea of prescribed JEE Main cut off for IIITs of year 2015, while moving ahead with the steps of counselling and seat allocation process.
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)||Branch||Closing Rank (2015)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||Electronics and Communication Engineering||10363|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram||Mechanical Engineering- Design and Manufacturing||21491|
|Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture Jabalpur||Mechanical Engineering||27815|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology Amethi (A Campus of IIIT Allahabad)||Information Technology||20838|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||Information Technology||30565|
Important features of JEE MAIN Rank list
JEE Apex Board releases JEE main Rank list. The list is prepared on the basis of JEE Main marks and total marks in qualifying board exams. A candidate must consider following important points regarding JEE Main Merit list:
- JEE Main Rank list consists of candidate's name, roll number, parents' name, category, state, percentile scores in qualifying examination.
- The rank card also contains subject-wise scores of the aspirants, category wise All India Rank and qualifying examination normalized score.
- Weightage given to JEE Main score is 60% and qualifying exam marks is 40%. The ration considered is 60:40
- The applicants will be provided with one final chance to update their marks on JEE Main website before declaration of result.
- Normalization of marks is done on the basis of JEE Main marks and normalized score in 10+2 or equivalent board exam
- Based on this normalization, final score normalized score will be calculated and candidates will be placed in order of this score in JEE Main 2018 rank list
- Choice filling and Seat allocation process is conducted by JoSAA from 2015 onwards.
JEE Main Counselling
A candidate can refer to the following points, in order to track JEE Main Counselling procedure. JEE Main counselling and JEE Main Seat Allotment, serves as the basis for admission in top notch engineering institutes. The admissions to JEE Main Participating Institutes through JEE Main and JEE Advanced take place through three counselling process mentioned below and the JEE Main Seat Allotment Process.
- JoSAA Counselling Process: JoSAA is now the only authority that grants admissions in IITs, ISM Dhanbad, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes)
- CSAB NEUT Counselling: This counselling process is conducted by the CSAB Board for admissions to the institutes of the North Eastern States and the Union Territories.
- CSAB SFTI Counselling: The admissions to self-financed technical institutes via JEE Main 2018 is conducted by this counselling process.
Documents Required for JEE Main Counselling
Applicants are required to produce the following documents at the time of JEE Main Document Verification. The original documents and certificates will be needed at the time of seat allocation. Any failure to bring any or all the documents mentioned will cancel the admission and the candidate will lose their right to claim the admission.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories must bring their category certificate issued by the competent authority.
- A character certificate issued by the high school must be produced.
- JEE Main Admit Card and JEE Main Rank Card must be produced.
- Copy of the Confirmation Page.
- Certificates of Class 10th and Class 12th must be produced in original on the day of Document Verification.
- Migration Certificate issued by the school.
- Recent Photographs.
- Candidates belonging to PwD Category must bring the original Medical certificate.
- Attested copy of the Passport or any other equivalent identity card.
JEE Main Seat Allotment Process
- Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Candidates will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allotment after a few days of choice lock.
- Download the seat allotment letter.