JAC Delhi 2018 – The cutoff of round 1 for DTU, IIITD and NSIT have been released on June 29 for JAC Delhi 2018. Counseling of Delhi General candidates (JEE Main Rank upto 18000) which was scheduled on June 28, 2018 will be held on July 1, 2018 (Sunday) from 10:00 am onwards. The schedule for June 29, 30 and July 2 will remain same.
- 85% of the seats across the 4 participating institutes of JAC Delhi 2018 are reserved for Delhi Region candidates. (Qualifying exam passed from any recognized school/institute/college located within the National Capital Territory is considered as Delhi Region).
- 15% seats across these 4 participating institutes are reserved for candidates from Outside Delhi Region. (Qualifying exam passed from any recognized school/institute/college located outside the outside the National Capital Territory is considered as Outside Delhi Region).
- Candidates passing the qualifying exam through Patrachar Vidyalaya, Delhi/National Institute of Open School, Delhi (NIOS), their region would be considered as per the location of their exam center.
Following are the participating universities along with the course they offer and the duration of the respective course.
|Universities / Institute||Course||Duration|
|Delhi Technological University (DTU)||B. Tech.||4 Years|
|Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) (female candidates only)||B. Tech.||4 Years|
|Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D)||B. Tech.||5 Years|
|B. Arch.||4 Years|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)||B. Tech.||4 Years|
JAC Delhi Important Dates
Joint Admission Counselling 2018 has announced the JAC Delhi Important Dates on the official site jacdelhi.nic.in.
|Start of Online Registration and Choice Filling||June 15, 2018 (Started)|
|Last date to pay registration-cum-counselling fee (Through net banking/credit/debit card)||June 23, 2018 till 5 pm|
|Registration and choice filling ends||June 23, 2018 till 11.59 pm|
|Document Verification for defence (all institutes) and IIIT D bonus marks||June 25, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round I||June 28, 2018|
|Document verification||June 29 to July 2, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round II||July 3, 2018 after 5 pm|
|Document verification||July 4 to 6, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round III||July 9, 2018 after 5 pm|
|Document verification||July 11 to 12, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round IV||July 13, 2018 after 5 pm|
|Document verification||July 16, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round V||July 17, 2018 after 5 pm|
|Document verification||July 19, 2018|
|Seat Allotment - Round VI||July 20, 2018|
|Document verification||July 22, 2018|
|Deadline for Withdrawal of Admission||July 22, 2018|
|Spot Round||July 23 to 26, 2018|
JAC Delhi 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria of JAC Delhi 2018 is a set of eligibility conditions set by JAC Committee Delhi wherein all candidates aspiring for admissions into B.Tech and B.Arch programs at the 4 participating institutes of JAC Delhi 2018 must meet before applying for admissions. For more information about the eligibility criteria of JAC Delhi 2018, see the details below.
- Candidates seeking admissions for programs like B. Tech./B.E at DTU, NSIT and IGDTUW must have secured a rank in JEE Main All India Rank in Paper-I.
- For admission to B. Arch course at IGDTUW, candidates must have secured a rank in JEE Main 2018 Paper-II
- Admissions to aspirants in B. Tech at IIIT Delhi through JAC Delhi, 208 will be offered on the basis of their total marks in JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 and bonus marks secured for achievements in Olympiads, Culture, Programming Contest, Chess, Innovation, Sports, National Talent Search, etc.
JAC Delhi Online Registration Procedure
Candidates seeking admission to all engineering programs offered by NSIT, DTU, IGDTUW and IIIT Delhi are required to pay an initial registration-cum-counselling fee and to complete the online registration process. JAC Delhi registration process has started form June 15, 2018. Candidates are provided with the instructions to fill the application form which will help them in guiding throughout the form filling. Candidates are suggested to follow the instructions given below:
- Submission of Registration-cum-Counselling Fee: All candidates desirous of seeking admission to the engineering / architecture programs at DTU, IGDTUW, IIIT-D and NSIT are required to visit official website of JAC Delhi to pay a non-refundable registration-cum-counselling fee of INR 1400/- (+ Bank/Bill Desk Transactions Charges). Candidates may submit an amount of INR 1400/- (+ Bank / Bill Desk Transactions Charges) as registration-cum-counselling fee (Non-Refundable) using any of the following modes:
- By Credit / Debit Card / Internet Banking through Bill Desk Payment Gateway
- Using SBI Collect (Cash option also available)
- Online Registration: Having paid the counselling fee, candidate now visit official website i.e. www.jacdelhi.nic.in and Click on the New Registration link. Candidate must enter the following to access the Online Registration Form:
- JEE(Main) Roll No
- Date of Birth
- Result Status (Declared Pass) of 12th Class
- Login to the Candidate’s Account on JAC website: As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to all the participating University/Institution along with the Branches will be displayed that a candidate can make choice from.
- Filling of Choices: Registered candidates need to fill in order of their preference, choices of University / Institute and Branch of their liking.
- Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices: The choices filled by applicant will be locked automatically after registration stage is over, a print out of the filled choices can be taken by the candidate for future references.
JAC Delhi Result and Counselling
Display of the list of provisionally selected candidates: Allotment of seats is purely provisional and is subject to verification of original certificates and payment of University/ Institute fee as applicable etc. at the time of reporting to JAC.
- Selected candidates have to report for admission at allotted University/ Institute on the date specified along with fee and the original documents/ testimonials/ certificates.
- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat till 4th round but are willing to participate in remaining rounds of counselling at DTU and IGDTUW are required to mark their physical attendance at DTU according to schedule.
Merit List Preparation by DTU, NSIT and IGDTUW:
- JAC merit list will be prepared on the basis of JEE Main 2018 All India Rank as given by CBSE and on the basis of the locked choices. Candidates should know that the merit list will be prepared based on JEE Scores.
Merit List Preparation by IIIT Delhi:
- Total marks obtained in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2018, converted to base of 60.
- Normalized marks obtained in class 12 or another qualifying exam as given by JEE Main, converted to the base of 40.
- Bonus marks (maximum 10) if any.
- Merit list will be based on the total of the above three.