NTA has released JEE Main 2020 mock test at its official website i.e. nta.ac.in. Mock tests are available in online mode, candidates can also download them. Facility to take mock tests at TPCs (Test Practice Centers) can also be availed by the candidates. More than 4000 TPCs has been set up for JEE Main all across the country. For booking the slots for JEE Main mock test, candidates have to register themselves.
- A total of 18 mock tests have been released on the official website of NTA in which 15 tests are for Paper 1 while 3 are for Paper 2.
- Mock Tests can be accessed in English, Hindi, and Gujarati language.
- Candidates do not need to login at the official website to access the mock tests.
Solving JEE Main sample papers or taking the mock test will help the candidates to improve their time management skills. They will be able to get a clear picture of the type of questions that can be asked in the examination. After covering JEE Main syllabus, candidates must take the mock test to analyze their level of preparation and accordingly work on their strengths and weaknesses. JEE Main Mock test shall provide the candidates with a detailed view of JEE Main Exam Pattern
How to Practice JEE Main 2020 Mock Test?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to access the official mock tests for JEE Main.
- Visit the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in.
- On the top right corner, two options are available- Mock Test and Download Mock Test.
- Candidates can download the zip file of the mock test through “Download mock test” option and access the same.
- Candidates can take the online mock test by clicking on “Mock Test” option.
- Then they have to choose the exam and mock test.
- Click on “Start Mock Test” to proceed.
- Click on “Login” option given on the window.
- A general instruction page will appear, candidates have to click on “proceed” after checking the instructions provided.
- At last, the JEE Main Mock Test will start.
JEE Main Mock Test 2020- Guidelines
- The candidates will be given 180 minutes to attempt all of the questions.
- The clock will be set. The countdown timer at the top right corner of the screen will display the remaining time for the exam to be completed.
- The question palette will be available at the right side of the screen which also shows the status of each of the numbered questions. Different colours will show the answer status for each question.
- “Marked for Review” is a reminder for the candidates to check the question again.
- If a question is answered and “Marked for Review” during the real examination, then the answer will be considered final.
- After the given time is over, the examination will come to an end by itself. The candidates will not be required to end or submit their exam.
Answer Status for Questions in JEE Main 2020 Mock Test
|Button Colour||Status of the Button Pressed|
|Gray||You have not visited the question yet|
|Red||You have not answered the question|
|Green||You have answered the question|
|Purple||You have NOT answered the question, but have marked it for review|
|Purple with a green tick||You have answered the question but marked it for review.|
Given below is the official video of NTA which will provide clear guidelines to access online mock tests for JEE Main.
How to Register for JEE Main 2020 TPCs?
Candidates can register for JEE Main Test Practice Centers (TPCs) by the steps given below:
- Open the official website of NTA.
- Click on the “Registration (Mock Test)” link on the web page
- Register by entering details like name, email ID, mobile number, and password.
- Using the registered email/mobile number and password, log in to the account.
- A student dashboard will appear.
- Click on “Bookings” to book the slot.
- You need to select your preferred date of mock test and enter the pin code
- Choose the preferred test centers from the list of options.
- Finally, click on “Confirm Booking” to successfully book your slot.
NOTE: Candidates must note that until their previous mock test booking date is not completed, they can not book a new center.
JEE Main 2020 - Preparation Tips
Preparation for JEE Main should focus on covering individual subjects separately since topics and types of questions vary. Here are a few tips for scoring well in JEE
- Time Management –A good time management strategy to balance the preparation of JEE Main 2020, Class XII Board examinations and routine activities will play a crucial role in your performance in the entrance exam.
- Be Confident – Don’t get bogged down by complex topics. Focus on understanding and solving the problems rather than worrying about not performing well.
- Revision – Candidates have to focus on revising all the topics thoroughly and also create a separate plan for last-minute preparation.
- Mock Tests and Sample papers – Utilize the mock tests and sample papers to analyze previous question papers trends and gain the first-hand experience in solving questions.
- Smart Preparation Plan – Make cheat sheets and flashcards to revise formulae. Practice solving complex equations and learn shortcuts for lengthy calculations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques – What are Test Practice Centers (TPCs)?
Ans – TPCs or Test Practice Centers are mandated by the Ministry of HRD to NTA for the candidates especially of remote and rural areas. TPCs are created so that the candidates become familiar with the computer-based test. The facility is provided free of cost for the thorough practice of the students.
Ques – What is the last date to register for JEE Main TPCs?
Ans – Last date to register for JEE Main test practice center is December 29, 2019.
Ques – Will there be any fees charged to take JEE Main mock tests at TPCs?
Ans – The facility to take a mock test at TPCs is completely free of cost. No charge will be asked for the test.
Ques – Can I change my TPC preference after final registration?
Ans – No, there is no such facility to change the test paper preferences once the final registration for the test practice center.
Ques – When and how will I get to know the test date and slot of TPCs?
Ans – You will get the details related to test date and slot through SMS/registered e-mail Id 24-48 hours before the scheduled slot in TPC.
Ques – Is there any contact number or email ID through which I can contact to NTA for queries regarding TPCs?
Ans – Yes, the contact details are given below:
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com,
- Mob. No. 9354946422, 9354957636