XLRI has announced to conduct XAT 2018 on January 7. One important document to carry at the XAT Exam Center is your hall ticket. It is like an access card to the exam hall. Without it, no candidate is allowed to appear for XAT.
This year, XAT Admit Card will be available on the official website i.e. xatonline.in from December 20 onwards. If often happens that the information printed on XAT Admit Card is incorrect. This leads to problems on the exam day and further admission process. Hence, it is every candidate’s duty to carefully check XAT Hall Ticket at the time of printing it.
Discrepancy can be found in your name, roll number, date of birth, photograph, signature, examination center or venue. In such a case, contact XLRI at +91 657 665 3203/ email@example.com.
Here are some of the key points that you must cross-check in your XAT Admit Card 2018:
1. Candidate’s Name
- Candidates must check their name carefully before downloading the hall ticket. It is the primary information about the candidate.
- The name written on the admit card must be similar to the name written on official documents like Aadhaar card, driving license, passport or voter ID card.
- This also includes the inclusion of middle name/ prefix/ surname (if any).
2. Candidate’s Date of Birth
- After checking the name carefully, candidates should also check their date of birth.
- Candidate’s date of birth must be same in the official documents/ birth certificate.
- If the details in the admit card found to be non-identical in the admit card, candidate will not be allowed to enter inside the examination hall.
- The date of birth entered by the candidate should be same as written in class 10th certificate. Candidates should contact the examination authority in case of any changes required for the correction in candidate’s date of birth.
3. Candidate’s Registration Number/ Roll Number
- Before filling XAT 2018 Application Form, candidates first have to register themselves on the official website.
- After the successful registration process, candidate’s will get their registration number required to login to the candidate’s portal.
- Candidates must secure the registration number for future purposes. The registration number is an important pin required on every step of Admission process.
- Candidates should also check the registration number written on XAT Admit Card is identical to the registration number generated at the time of registration process.
- Along with the registration number, candidates should also check the roll number provided by the examination authority.
4. Candidate’s Photograph
- At the time of XAT 2018 Application form filling, candidates have to upload a recent colored passport size photograph.
- Make sure that the same photograph is printed on XAT Admit Card and registration form.
- The printed photograph must be clear and face should be visible properly. Also, follow the specifications given by XLRI on the same.
- The photograph on the admit card will be used for verification process at XAT Exam Center.
5. Candidate’s Signature
- Along with the photograph, candidates also have to upload a scanned image of their signature in XAT application form.
- They should sign on a white paper with black or blue point pen and scan it for the uploading process of images.
- With the uploaded sign, there will also be blank space for signature which has to be signed by the candidates in the examination hall in front of the invigilator.
- Candidates must sign same in all places.
- Candidates are also asked to sign on the attendance sheet in the examination hall. Both these signatures should be exactly the same.
6. XAT 2018 Exam Schedule
- Candidates should check all the information present on XAT Admit card about the exam date and time, reporting time and instructions for exam day. Check all XAT Exam Dates
- Sometime, due to an increased number of test-takers, XAT may be conducted in two or more slots. Hence, in such a case, take note of the exam slot too.
7. Exam Centre Details
- Candidates give any three exam center preferences at the time of XAT Registration.
- XLRI may or may not give the 1st preference as their exam center. However, it tries to give any one of the three mentioned.
- The final allotted exam center is marked on the admit card.
- Admit Card will contain the name of the exam center as well the address and the landmark. Candidates must reach the venue before the reporting time to avoid any discrepancy.
Discrepancy in XAT 2018 Admit Card
In case you encounter any discrepancy in XAT Admit Card or inability to download it, you can reach out to the conducting body.
XLRI Contact Details:
- Phone Number- 0657 665 3203/ 04/ 05
- Toll-free number- 1800 103 9574.
- Fax- 0657 665 3200/ 2227814.
Candidates unable to contact the authorities through call or fax may reach the XAT 2018 office at the following address:
Jharkhand, India XLRI, C. H. Area (East)
The Chairperson Admissions,
Jamshedpur – 831001
Hope this article helped get a better understanding of XAT Admit Card. Make sure to check all these key points before sitting for the exam on January 7. Good luck!