SPJIMR PGDM Admission 2020 application process was culminated on November 22, 2019. XAT 2020 exam was conducted on January 05, 2020 and students can utilize the score calculator to assess their final percentile. Check XAT 2020 Score Calculator
SPJIMR offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), a Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM), a Global Management Programme (GMP), Post Graduate Management Programme for Women (PGMPW), and a FPM (Fellow Programme in Management.
- XAT 2020 Result is scheduled to be released on January 31, 2020. Candidates will be assessed by their performance in the examination during the second phase of shortlisting as well as during the final selection process.
- Any applicant’s merit is determined by their profile, their entrance exam scores (GMAT/CAT/XAT) and the interview process.
- The first phase of the process is set to begin soon on January 14, 2020 in Mumbai and it will last till January 16, 2020.
Note: SPJIMR does not possess any management/reservation quota. Admission is purely based on the candidate’s merit.
Factors Affecting XAT 2020 Cutoff
XAT Cut Off is determined on the basis of various factors. Candidates getting above the minimum cut off marks in the entrance exam are then called for Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.Factors affecting XAT Cut off are:
- Number of candidates appearing for the test
- Available seats in the participating XAT colleges or institutes
- Level of difficulty of the entrance test
- Average marks scored in XAT exam
- Normalization of XAT Scores
- Previous years’ trend
SPJIMR Important Dates
Important Dates to Remember
|Start of Application Process||September 19, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Form||November 22, 2019|
|Batch Commencement ||April 2020|
Interview Tentative Dates
|Mumbai Phase - 1||14 Jan - 16 Jan, 2020 |
|New Delhi||04 Feb - 07 Feb, 2020|
|Bengaluru||12 Feb - 14 Feb, 2020|
|Kolkata||12 Feb - 14 Feb, 2020|
|Mumbai Phase - 2||17 Feb - 21 Feb, 2020|
Exam Cutoff Criteria
Qualifying Scores (Cut Off)
One of the important factors for seeking admission in SPJIMR is meeting the required cut off for XAT 2020. The XAT 2020 exam was conducted on January 05, 2020. A section-wise cut-off for all entrance exams that are valid to take admission in the college is given below:
XAT 2020 Minimum Cut off Criteria
|Entrance Test||Sectional Cut Off||Overall|
|XAT 2020||English Language & Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability|
CAT and GMAT Cutoff Criteria
|Entrance Test ||Sectional Cut Off||Overall|
|CAT 2019||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Ability|
|GMAT (Jan 01, 2017 to Dec 31, 2019) ||Verbal||Quantitative||-|
SPJIMR Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
10th and 12th Grade
Aggregate of all subjects mentioned in the mark sheet is considered for arriving at the final percentage. Know more
If the board/university awards mark in grades/points (CGPA), then they have to be converted into percentage through an applicable converter. A conversion certificate might be asked to submit if you are shortlisted.
A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA.
The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification must be of minimum three years after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Applicants in the last year of degree are also eligible to apply, provided they score a minimum of 50% in their last exam appeared, and are able to get a Provisional Certificate from the Principal/Registrar of his/her university.
For the applicants awaiting their final year results, the final percentage will be calculated on the basis of marks secured in previous semesters.
Applicants have to provide their final degree by December 31, 2020, until which their admission will be considered provisional. Failure to do so can lead to admission cancellation.
Bachelor’s degree in an Indian applicant who has pursued/pursuing education abroad should be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), or other appropriate authorities.
- Work experience is not mandatory for the PGDM Programme. Candidates who have no work experience can apply alongside those who have upto 5 years of experience.
- Only relevant experience will be considered as work experience. Any internship, training, or project that was included in the curriculum will not be considered.
- Candidates will have to provide proof of their experience through documents such as offer letter, salary slip, as well as experience letter.
SPJIMR Admission Process
- To apply for the PGDM Programme, applicants must have filled the form online available on the official website of the college by November 22, 2019
- The Application processing fee is Rs. 1,500.
- This fee can be paid through credit card or net banking.
NOTE: While applying, the applicant is required to select from one of four specializations offered: Finance, Information Management, Marketing, and Operations & Supply Chain.
Structure of the Selection Process:
The applicants will be shortlisted based on their profiles. Candidates are also expected to meet the qualifying scores in the entrance exams. The profiles are scored and the applicants are sorted into two groups:
- Profile-cum-score based.
Shortlists - Interviews
Candidates shortlisted in the first group will be called for an early interview. The shortlist is based on their profile considering the following factors: Early interviews are convenient for the applicant because it avoids overlapping with other interview calls during the admissions season.
- Consistency of academic record
- The relevance of work experience for the specialization
- Versatility and achievements
Second Phase Shortlists
- The second phase will be held after the results of the entrance exams.
- Applicants in this phase are called for interviews on the basis of their profiles.
- In this round, candidates are evaluated based on both scores and profiles.
Final Selection List
The final selection list is based on a composite score, which is calculating by considering:
- The applicant’s profile
- Academic record
- Entrance test scores (CAT / XAT / GMAT)
- The relevance of work experience (if any)
- Performance in the two rounds of group interviews.
Total Seats Offered
- In the PGDM Program, the total number of seats offered is 240.
- An additional 36 seats have been sanctioned for PIO/OCI and Foreign Nationals.
- The maximum number of seats offered will be up to 276 seats.
- These seats are for both NRI applications and Indian applications.
Annual Fee Structure
The fee for Indian students for the batch of 2020-21 is currently INR 17.50 lakhs. This fee structure includes:
- Tuition fee
- Basic hostel/accommodation fee
- Global Fast Track (provides exposure to students at premier B-schools in US).
NOTE: The Fees do not include expenses like travel expenses, boarding, lodging, visa, insurance and incidentals for Global Fast Track. Applicants selected for PGDM program are eligible for merit cum means based financial assistance after the commencement of the program.