The registration has begun from August 20, 2018. The exam is conducted XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI for admission into MBA and PGDM program. XAT 2019 is scheduled for January 06, 2019. It is an offline test and consists of 2 papers. Final selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in Written Exam, Group Discussion, and Interview.
With the exam at hand, it is only natural for candidates to feel nervous. But no need to worry. For every exam, there are 2 aspects to give your best shot- practical aspect and exam methodology. In the present article we are sharing some tips that will help you to score great in XAT.
Brief of XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
You are advised to carefully go through XAT Exam Pattern for your final round of revision. Paper 1 is objective type and has questions from Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Logical Reasoning, and Decision Making. Paper 2 has both objective and subjective questions from General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
According to the latest test pattern, there will be a total of 72 questions in Part A. 2 questions from each- Quantitative, Verbal and Decision Making are reduced. But no change in number of options. Each question will be having 5 alternatives. There is no change in the duration of the test.
Check the table below for a better picture of the changes made in the latest test pattern of XAT 2019.
|Section||Number of Questions in XAT 2017||Number of Questions in XAT 2018|
|Section A (Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation)||24||24|
|Section A (Verbal Ability)||21||21|
|Section A (Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning)||27||27|
|Section B (General Knowledge & Essay)||25||26|
1 mark is awarded for each correctly marked answer while for every wrong answer, 0.25 mark is deducted. Leaving an unanswered question may lose you 0.05 marks. However, this deduction will not apply for a maximum of 12 unanswered questions. There is no negative marking for the Section B.
Check Here Section Wise Paper Analysis
XAT 2019: Exam Day Instructions
- Don’t forget to carry your XAT 2019 Admit Card– It is mandatory to carry 2 hard copies of admit card. Ensure that a recent passport size photograph is pasted in the space provided. Signature should be done only in presence of the invigilator.
- Important Documents– Carry a valid photo ID proof along with the admit card for the purpose of verification. You can carry any of the following photo ID card- PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving License etc.
- XAT is an offline mode test and you have to fill the OMR sheet with blue or black ball point pen. You are advised to carry 2 blue or black ball point pens at the XAT test center.
- Mobile phones, calculators or similar electronic equipment, books, papers, notebooks etc. are restricted items which are not allowed inside the XAT 2019 exam center.
- You have to report the center 1 hour prior to the XAT 2019 exam schedule.
- Make sure you do not smudge or leave folds in the OMR sheet.
- You have to complete Paper 1 by 12:50 pm and the Paper 2 by 1:30 pm.
- No extra rough sheet will be provided to you. All rough work has to be done in the margin of the test booklet.
- You are not allowed to leave your seat before the entire test time is over.
- The negative marks for un-attempted questions will be distributed proportionally across the 3 sections.
XAT 2019: Last Minute Preparation Tips
Be careful to carry your admit card and ID proof with you along with the stationary. Take a tight sleep before the XAT winter and stick to your strategy. XAT is just round the corner and by now you will be jittery than ever. But the only thing to overcome is to prepare well for the examination. Keep in mind, that silly mistakes may cost you a lot.
- Applicants should dedicate specific time frame for the most difficult questions and not to spend much time on them.
- Aim for attempting questions with high accuracy. Candidates should keep in mind that they have to focus on accuracy along with time management.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthily and stay healthy. Sickness because of a terrible way of life will consume valuable time and influence your certainty.
- If a question is taking much time to solve and answer, leave it and jump over another. The key to success for time management is not to get stuck with a single problem and waste time over it.
- Try to get the overview of the passage, every section of paragraph is related to each other so try to develop sense of understanding. While answering and reading the passage, maintain the speed. Speed can do wonders, the time limitation must be worked out by being quick on calculations and interpretation.
- Jumbled Words – For this section try to find out the connectors first then try to link them according to the paragraph.
- Decision making section- It is most differentiating factor of XAT which makes it special from other exams. Every manager must possess Decision making ability. And XAT test this ability in the candidates whether they have that intent to be at the managerial level or not.
- XAT exam has strict negative marking rules, avoid attempting the question if you are not sure of the answer.
- Read and re-read the question properly to avoid mistakes.