Slated to be held on December 16 at more than 100 test cities in the country, preparations for SNAP 2018 are in full swing. With less than 4 months to go for the much popular test, candidates should bear in mind few Exam Day Guidelines as directed by test-conducting authority - Symbiosis International University (SIU) apart from the much necessary exam prep. In this article, we list the guidelines that candidates are required to follow to the T on the day of SNAP 2018. After downloading the admit card from the official website, candidates should carefully check the details printed on the document (Name, Category, SNAP ID, Test Date & Session Timing, Test City and Center Details, and Entrance Test Seat Number) for accuracy.
Here in this article, we are providing you some important guidelines for SNAP 2018:-
- It is advisable that students check out the location of the test center one day prior to the test in order to avoid any confusion on the exam day.
- The candidates are expected to report at the test center at least 2 hours ahead of the scheduled time in order to complete ID verification and biometric registration prior to the start of the test.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the test center after 14:10 hours. So a latecomer will inevitably have to miss the chance for appearing in the SNAP 2018.
- Duration of SNAP 2018 is 120 minutes, scheduled from 14:00 hours to 16:00 hours. Navigation between sections is not restricted and you can choose to attempt the sections at any order you prefer.
- The examination is scheduled to continue till 16:00 hours. Under no circumstances will the scheduled timed for the test will be extended beyond the closing hour.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the SNAP 2018 examination hall before 14:45 hours. Please note that, once you leave the exam hall, you will not be allowed inside the second time.
- No items other than the candidate’s SNAP 2018 Admit Card, Photo ID proof document and a simple ballpoint pen (black/blue) will be allowed to be carried inside the exam hall.
- It is mandatory to carry in person one valid, state/central government-issued photo identification card (driving license, passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card) to be presented along with the SNAP 2018 Admit Card for verification/authentication at the exam center.
- The supporting document should be in original; scanned copies, photocopies or attested copies will not be accepted for authentication purposes.
- All electronic items and gadgets like Cell phones, Calculators, Digital Watches with an inbuilt calculator, Alarm Clocks etc. are banned from the SNAP exam hall. Candidates will not be allowed to carry such items in person in the exam hall.
- It is advisable not to carry any valuables to the SNAP exam center as the authorities will not be able to provide with any facilities to safe-keep the candidates’ belongings.
- Please note that no friends and/or relatives will be allowed to accompany the candidates inside the exam center.
- Prior to being allowed into the exam hall, candidates are required to present their Admit Card and supporting ID proof document to the Test Invigilator for verification purpose. Please note that candidates not carrying the appropriate supporting ID proof or even the SNAP 2018 Admit Card will not be allowed to appear for the test.
- The details on the supporting ID proof document should match with that on the SNAP 2018 Admit Card or else the candidate will be disbarred from taking the test.
- Candidates are advised to cooperate with the staff of examination authority at the examination center for Biometric Registration.
- In case of any issues with the computer system, make sure to draw the attention of the test invigilator.
- It is very important to keep in mind that SIU follows strict intolerance towards unfair practices during the examination. As such, if any candidate is found using any unfair means during the examination, his/her candidature will not be considered for admission at any of the institutes under SIU. Such candidates will also not receive the SNAP 2018 scorecard.
- Differently-abled candidates are requested to email scanned copies of their Medical Certificates for ascertaining the percentage of their disability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such candidates, if fail to provide requisite supporting documents will be further on be considered under the Open Category only.
It is worthwhile to mention here that SNAP 2018 will be an online test of two hours’ duration. The paper will be sections on Quantitative Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General English, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. There will be 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 1 mark each. SNAP has provision for negative marking at the rate of -1/4 mark for each incorrect answer.