Symbiosis Society Foundation (SCF) offers PG scholarships (Total free i.e. you don’t have to pay any tuition fee, if selected) in management programmes for students who are going to take SNAP. Girl student can compete for Jayatee Deshmukh & Symbiosis International University & Indian Council for Cultural Relations (SIU-ICCR) scholarships is meant for international students.
Find here all eligibility details, rules & selection criteria for scholarships. You can also check loan facilities through different banks & discounts offered by third parties.
- PG Merit Scholarship (Total two):
This scholarship is applicable to SIBM Pune & Bangalore, SIIB, SCMHRD, SIMS, SITM, SIOM, SSBM. If you have satisfied the eligibility criteria for scholarship, in turn it will help you to get selected..Even you can learn in free in Symbiosis.
- It will be awarded to you in first semester of course if you have secured highest rank in SNAP subject to the condition that you must join Symbiosis institutes.
- Last year total 0.1% of top scorers have applied for scholarship among total appeared candidates.
- Renewal of scholarship in upcoming semesters will depends on academic performance i.e. score of 3 out of total GPA.
- If you have been selected for scholarship then you have to perform well in all subjects i.e there should be no failure.
- If you are having extra financial assistance fron any source then in that case also you are eligible for scholarship. Income of parents will not affect advantages of scholarship.
- If you got selected for more than one scholarship then you have to prefer only one according to your interest.
- Keep an eye on information related to scholarship so that you have not missed the deadlines.
- If any student refused to take the scholarship then the amount will be refunded to SCF. And will not be awarded to any other student.
- There is no means of direct transfer of scholarship amount to student’s account. It will be transferred from SCF to institute in which you have got selection.
- If two students have scored same marks in SNAP then their final selection will be done on the marks in Xth XIIth & graduation.
- If any student has take scholarship benefits by unfair means (fraud/Misconduct) then a report will be sent to SCF through students affairs. Final decision will be taken by board of SCF only.
- Jayatee Deshmukh Scholarship:
- This scholarship will be awarded to a girl student who have secured top rank in SNAP & have grab admission in any Symbiosis institute in PG course.
- Amount of Scholarship: INR 75, 000
This amount would be transferred to the respective institute in which student have took admission & will be considered for first installment of tuition fee.
- If any student is eligible for more than one scholarship then she can opt for only one of the available scholarship as per her performance.
Scholarship will be applicable to the student who is seeking admission in first year, & who have secured top rank in SNAP test subject to that student should join any symbiosis affiliated institutes.
- Scholarship for International students:
SIU-ICCR scholarship program is the joint collaboration between Symbiosis International University (SIU) & Indial Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). This program offered a fair chance to students belongs to foreign nations to pursue higher education in India.
The beneficiary will get relaxation in tuition fee, food & accommodation as per SIU-ICCR guidelines. The amount of scholarship will depend on the course whatever a student want to pursue.
- Only foreign students are eligible for this scholarship. PIO & OCI card holders are not eligible to grab advantage of this program.
- Student must have secured more than 60% in qualifying exam i.e. graduation.
- Student must have cleared English Proficiency Test by British Council with minimum score of Band 6.
Application for SIU-ICCR Scholarship:
Student will be selected for scholarship by a selection committee on the basis of information provided in the application form. You must send your application to:
International Admissions & Student Care Services
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE)
Senapati Bapat RoadPune – 411 004, Maharashtra, India
Ph : +91-20-25671905 Fax : +91-20-25673854
Selection criteria for consideration of Scholarship Application:
- Receipt of academic records for authentification of marks
- A statement of purpose which clearly elaborate your qualities, abilities which you think will be helpful to present you as a strong contender for scholarship. You can also define your goals & plans to studying in Symbiosis in 1000 words.
- Two letters of recommendations which must be granted by teacher or principal who knows the student from more than two years. The recommendation must be duly signed with official stamp of college.
- A student must ensure that he/she full fills the specific eligibility requirements for the course along with English requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q 1. Is it mandatory to provide proof of income limit to avail scholarship?
No, it is not mandatory to show income limit proof to avail scholarship. You are automatically eligible to avail scholarship if you have secured good score in SNAP.
Q 2. How can I apply for scholarship?
You can take the print out of the scholarship form available on SCF website. Fill the form and send it to the respective institute in which you want to take admission along with all relevant documents.
Q 3. What kind of financial Assistance is provided to the students seeking admission in SIU?
Management students are provided with educational loan from Bank of Maharashtra on suitable concessional rate of interest.
- Amount of Scholarship: 10 Lakhs in India
- Margin: No margin or security charges up to 4 lakhs, up to 7.50 lakhs needs a guarantor, above 7.5 lakhs government securities & LIC policy will be considered.
- Advantages: Online education loan offered for selected branches, Extra concession in interest for students from economically & financially weak students, Special discounts for girl students.
- Avanse educational loan up to 13 lakhs with 12.5% of rate of interest is also offered to students.
Q 4. Is it possible to apply for more than one scholarship?
No, there is no restriction. You can apply for as many scholarships as you want but it is worthless because you will not be able to avail benefits of more than one scholarship according to the guidelines issued by SCF.
SNAP 2015 Preparation Tips and Study Material
SNAP 2015 Pattern and Paper Analysis
SNAP 2015 Result
SNAP 2015 Cutoff