Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) test is a computer-based admission entrance examination conducted on annual basis by Symbiosis International University. The exam is a premier entrance examination for admission in two-year MBA program.
The examination is an International level exam as apart from Indian nationals’ candidates from foreign countries and POI, NRI, and OCI are also allowed to take part in this entrance cum admission test.
This year, SNAP 2018 is for December 16, the registration for which has already begun from August 28, 2018. The process of registration and application is similar for both foreign nationals and Indians.
Candidates are required to visit the official portal of Symbiosis International (www.snaptest.org) in order to apply online for SNAP 2018. Latest updates regarding the SNAP 2018 would also be made available on the official website of Symbiosis. The following article talks about all the details defined by the regulating authority for the management examination.
Eligibility & Reservation for foreign candidates
Foreign nationals would be allowed to take part in the SNAP test subjected to the condition that they fulfill all the necessary eligibility criteria as stipulated on the official website of Symbiosis International. For the reference of the students we have listed down the eligibility criteria for foreign candidates:
- Foreign National (FN): A candidate is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign passport.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO): A candidate is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/ she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI): A candidate is eligible to apply as an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) if he/she has an OCI card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
- Non-resident Indian (NRI): A candidate is eligible to apply as a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10+2) examination or Graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
Other important points regarding eligibility
- Candidates who are applying under the Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO category must ensure that they have passed an English Proficiency Test.
- Foreign national/OCI/PIO candidates have the option to appear either for IELTS (conducted by British Council) or IELA (conducted by Symbiosis). Candidates need to obtain band 6 for IELTS and band 4 for IELA.
- The final eligibility will be determined by Symbiosis International University post submission of all the requisite documents.
- It is mandatory for the Postgraduate Candidates who fall in the NRI Category and have appeared for their graduation in India to appear for the SNAP TEST.
Changes Introduced in SNAP Eligibility
As per the latest updates on the official website of Symbiosis International, there are no details regarding any change in the eligibility criteria for the students. As of now, the above-mentioned eligibility criteria prevail with following additional requirements:
International/Foreign Applicants of SNAP 2018 must possess the following documents during the time of Registration:
- Form – A
- Proof of Residence (Leave & License agreement/C Form should be submitted within 24 hours to FRO ‘C’ window
- Passport Copy and Visa Copy along with the arrival stamp page
- Bonafide Certificate and Letter of Provisional Admission from the University College/Institution in case of a student visa
For any latest update in change regards to the change in eligibility criterion for International candidates please visit the official website regularly.
Read more SNAP Eligibility
Registration Procedure for foreign candidates
The process for registration for SNAP Exam is similar for both Indian nationals and foreign candidates. The detailed step by step registration procedure is mentioned below for your reference.
- Visit the official website of SNAP 2018 - https://www.snaptest.org/
- Click on the registration button
- Candidates would now have to do the mini-registration
- Provide email-id, username, and set password as a part of the registration
- The portal would then ask for the SNAP test payment INR 1750
- Submit the fee online or through DD (Demand Draft) in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune, in offline mode.
- After paying the SNAP Test payment candidates would be redirected to the 2nd part of the form
- In the 2nd part of the form candidates would have to fill their personal details, Educational details and then you have to select the institute and per program, they would have to pay INR 1000.
- After making the institute payment your registration will be completed
- Preview the application and take two-three print out for reference purpose.
Instructions for students
Candidates, appearing for the SNAP 2018 exam must note the important instructions/guidelines stipulated by the SNAP 2018 conducting authority. For your reference we have tabled these guidelines below:
- The candidates are required to report at the Test Centre by 12:00 hrs to undergo, admit card and id proof verification, digital fingerprint scan and biometrics will be captured.
- Post 14.10 hrs no candidate would be allowed to appear for the SNAP Online Test 2018.
- The SNAP Online Test 2018 would close at 16.00 hrs, under any circumstances NO EXTRA TIME will be given to any candidate.
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in calculators/ memory or any electronic gadgets are not be carried in the examination hall.
- The invigilator will check Admit Card and ID proof and authenticate the ID of the student.
- Duration of the test is 120 minutes.
- Candidates would not be allowed to leave the hall until 14.45 hrs. After submission of the test candidate will not be allowed to re-enter the test hall.
- Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SNAP 2018 scores.
- Differently, Able category candidates are requested to contact STS with scanned copies of their Medical Certificates for ascertaining the percentage of their disability. (Email: email@example.com). Candidates failing to do this will be considered under the Open Category.