SNAP is one of the renowned, prominent and toughest MBA entrance exams, conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission to 15 Symbiosis Institute affiliated to SIU. Every year, a large number of students register for the exam, therefore, its difficulty level is increasing year by year. Management aspirants planning to appear for SNAP 2018, must devise a proper strategy to study as it will help them in excelling the test.
About SNAP 2018:
This year, the examination is scheduled for December 16, 2018. The registration window will close on November 26. Few changes in exam pattern of SNAP has been introduced by SIU. Know more
The following article talks about the preparation tips for Quants, DI and DS section in the exam.
Exam Pattern of Quants, DI and Sufficiency
- From 2018 onwards, this section will have two types of questions namely Normal Questions (MCQs) and Special Questions (Non-MCQs).
- There will be four choices for Normal questions. Whereas, for special questions will have blanks where answers will have to be entered using the virtual keyboard.
- Questions Breakup: 30 Normal Ques. and 5 Special Ques.
- Marking Scheme: + 1 mark (Normal Ques.) and + 2 marks (Special Ques.)
- Negative Marking: Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks for Normal Questions and for Special Questions also.
Check detailed SNAP Exam Pattern
How to Prepare for SNAP?
The best time to start your preparation for the entrance test is during the Graduation. You need to develop proper strategy and plan the syllabus as per the weightage of each topic to clear the examination. To ace this area, one must combine their skills with strategy. It requires to have good calculation speed and employing logical tricks to simply the question. This section tests your ability to interpret and comprehend graphical data and then answer the questions that follow.
Preparation tips for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation Section
- Revise Class 9-10 NCERT books and do questions from RS Aggarwal’s Quantitative Aptitude book
- Try to focus more on your calculations as this will help you in solving questions quickly
- To master DI Section, be thorough with Table (at least up to 20) , Squares, cubes, Square roots, percentage to fraction conversion & vice versa
- Some of the mathematics areas which you must be good at are percentage, averages & ratio proportion.
- Most of the graphs are picked from any newspaper, journal or any other written source. These graphs present or analyze real life scenarios. Try to relate given data to real life scenario to understand. Ask yourself why this data was collected? Understand data thoroughly & logically clear basic terminology given in graph before jumping to questions.
- Understand the nature of data given whether Absolute or relative. Absolute data is lot easier to handle (figures are in meters, Kg, seconds...). Comparative data can be slightly tricky to handle (figures are in percentage, parts per million, per thousand, ratios.etc).
- Another important aspect is that you need to be aware of the options given. In certain questions, the exact to the point answer is not necessary. The options are spaced in such a manner that approximations can be done. Thus, looking at the options before answering the questions saves plenty of your time. In addition to this, in general also, the use of options is a must while answering data questions.
- Solve mock test papers regularly as it will give you a concrete idea of the exact pattern of the SNAP entrance exam.
Resources to prepare from Online Resources
Candidates who are aspiring to appear for SNAP entrance test can prepare for the same either online or offline. There are plenty of online resources such as various YouTube channels, Mobile Apps that students can use to study properly and strategically.
Top 5 YouTube Channels to prepare for SNAP
There are several YouTube channels which help students to clear their doubts and also help students in strengthening the concepts. Students can refer to the top 5 YouTube channels mentioned below while preparing for SNAP:
- HandakaFunda.com – This is considered as the best resource for the management entrance examinations. HandakaFunda.com is known for the simplified study process for students aspiring for Management Courses.
- Career Launcher – It is one of Asia’s largest education provider which has crossed more than 20 years of its existence. CL offers free youtube videos of best teachers to various management students.
- Byju Classes – This is one of the premier destination for students for students who are preparing for management entrance examinations. The lectures are designed to make students quickly grasp the concept.
- Takshzila Shikshak – This platform is suitable for any kind of management entrance exam. It covers all the topics which you are likely to find in the entrance test such as English, Quantitative Aptitude etc.
- Perfect Scores – This is also counted among the best YouTube channels for the preparation of SNAP entrance test and also other management tests. Most of the videos uploaded on this channel are detailed and are easy to understand.
Check here SNAP Syllabus
There are numerous online sites such as GradeUp, TestFunda.com, oliveboard.in and many more which you can use to solve mock test and to clear your concept about a particular topic. There are numerous Apps available on the internet which you can download on your mobile phones and directly solve the sample papers and look at questions on your mobile phone itself. The details of Apps which you can refer to are given below:
For iPhone users:
- MBA Test Prep – This mobile app is loaded with too many questions for your practice. You can also practice a particular section i.e. it also contains section wise tests to boost your practice.
- TCY – This is one stop solution for any of the entrance examinations. There are numerous mock test for you to prepare and you can also know your all India rank in the mock test.
For Android Users:
- SNAP 2018 Entrance Exam Prep – With this app, you will be able to prepare for the examination in a systematic manner, thereby improving your performance.
- TestFunda Test Prep – This app provides you with new and effective tools which helps you to enhance your preparation.
Offline Resources for SNAP Preparation
You can also refer to offline resources while preparing for SNAP entrance examination. Section wise details of books required at the time of preparation are as follows:
For Quantitative Aptitude
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Varun Gupta|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Shambhu Nath Jha and RPH Editorial Board|
|Study Notes Material on SNAP||Sourav Sir’s Classes|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
For Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||Ananta Ashisha|
|Data Interpretation Simplified||Jaggan Saneja|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation||Nishit K. Sinha|
You can refer to the books mentioned above to start your preparation for SNAP entrance examination. I assure you that these resources will definitely help you in excelling in the entrance examination.