Symbiosis Center of International Education provides opportunity to students from abroad to study in the colleges under Symbiosis International University. SNAP 2018 is scheduled for December 16, 2018, in online (computer-based) mode. Interested candidates can apply online at snaptest.org before November 26, 2018. For foreign candidates, it is necessary to clear either IELTS exam conducted by British council or IELA exam.
Categories under International Students Criteria include:
- Foreign National
- Person of Indian Origin
- Overseas Citizen of India
- Non-Resident Indian
- The mandatory documents to present while SNAP Registration include:
- Passport with visa endorsed
- Registration Certificate Issued by Registration Officer
- Residential Permit issued by FRRO/FRO
- SNAP Registration Fee can be paid online as well as offline for the SNAP Test.
Note: Candidates also require documents for their visa extensions once they get admission in the university.
SNAP 2018 Important Dates
Candidates applying as international students must keep in mind the below dates:
|Online Registration for Post Graduate 2018 commences||August 28, 2018|
|Post Graduate 2018 Online Registration closes||November 26, 2018|
|Post Graduate 2018 Payment Closes||November 26, 2018|
|Declaration of Merit List||Second week of January 2019|
Check SNAP Exam Dates
SNAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can apply from different parts of the world with the available facility of SNAP online registration.
The following SNAP Eligibility needs to be met before applying:
- Foreign National- Candidates holding foreign passport are eligible to apply as foreign national.
- Person of Indian Origin- If a candidate has POI card and is a citizen of a country other than India he or she is eligible to apply under the category of Person of Indian Origin.
- Overseas Citizen of India- If a candidate has OCI card and is a citizen of a country other than India they are eligible to apply under the category of Overseas Citizen of India.
- Non-Resident Indian- Those candidates who have appeared in 10+2 examinations equivalent to Indian 10+2 exam or is graduated outside India he or she is eligible to apply as NRI
SNAP Registration 2018
- Log onto the official website of Symbiosis International University i.e. https://www.snaptest.org/
- Click on the Register Now Option available at the top.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions given by the institute
- Fill in the details requested on the page displayed
- Click on "Save and Continue" to choose a password and the hint questions that will be asked if you forget your password and click on "Submit" to register
- After successful registration, you will get an email containing your 'Application ID' & ‘Password’
- Use this ID for all future correspondence
Read more about SNAP Registration
Instructions for Photograph
- Photograph must be recent passport size colored picture
- If students wear glasses then there should be no reflection and eyes can be seen clearly.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable.
- File size should be between 10kb-100kb
- Size of the scanned image is not more than 100KB. If the size is more than 50KB then adjust the settings of the scanner.
Documents Required for SNAP Registration 2018
- SNAP Application Form (4 Copies)
- Copies of Passport-Photo Page, Validity Page, Visa Page, Arrival Stamp Page
- Proof of Residence (Leave & License agreement/ C-Form from the owner is required to be submitted within 24 hours to FRO.
- Bonafide Certificate / Letter of Provisional Admission from University/College/Institution in case of Student Visa
SNAP Registration Fee 2018
Once you complete your Online Application, the system will prompt you to make a payment of your 'Application Fee'. You can pay SNAP application fee by either of the modes given below:
- IELA examination fee is to be paid by Students enrolling for the International English Language Assessment.
- US Dollars equivalent to INR 3,575/- (Non-Refundable) is the International English Language Assessment (IELA) Examination. Given below are IELA Exam Dates:
|September 2017||8,15,22,29||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|October 2017||6,13,27||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|November 2017||3,10,17,24||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|December 2017||1,8,15,22,29||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|January 2018||5,12,19||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|February 2018||2,9,16,23||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|March 2018||2,9,16,23,30||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|April 2018||6,13,20,27||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|May 2018||4,11,18,25||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|June 2018||1,8,15,22,29||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
|July 2018||6,13,20,27||10:30 AM and 02:30 PM|
- US Dollars equivalent to INR 1, 05,000/- is for the Administrative and part payment of Academic fee
- These charges include INR 40,000 towards the Administrative fees and INR 65,000 towards the Part Payment of Annual Academic fee which includes pre-induction charges.
- Once the candidate receives the offer letter, he will need to confirm his intention of joining the said program by making a payment of USD equivalent to INR 1, 05,000.
- In case of Foreign National/PIO/OCI students, SCIE will issue a Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) only after receiving this payment to enable candidates to apply for a Visa.
- Please ensure the student upload the bank transaction copy and fill the transaction details in the payment window of online registration portal along with the UTR number.
- NEFT/RTGS Transfer: (For Nepalese and Bhutanese Students)-Students need to approach a bank and request for a NEFT/RTGS transfer.
Instructions for SNAP Registration Fee 2018
- It is mandatory for Students from Nepal and Bhutan to make all the transactions in USD currency.
- The payment has to be made in USD equivalent of the amount published in INR value.
- Authentication of all the payments will be made only after its deposition in SIU account.
- The application fee, which is the administrative fee, is non-refundable.
- The applicant must upload the SWIFT/NEFT/RTGS transaction copy and fill the transaction details in the payment window of online registration portal.
- The bank details are available in the payment window of online registration portal.
Special Instructions for Foreign Students
Foreigners entering in India on long term visa i.e. for a period more than 180 days, are required to get themselves registered within 14 days of their arrival with the concerned FRRO/FRO.
- Students arriving on short term Provisional Visa (Valid for 180 days or less) need not register but they should confirm their admission within the period of their visa.
- Not registering will let them go back to their country.
- The students on short term Provisional Student Visa should approach concerned FRRO/FRO for registration and extension once the admission is confirmed
- The above rules will not be applicable to Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Afghani nationals.
- Pakistani Nationals applying for SNAP are requested to report within 24 hours after their arrival.
- Afghan Nationals to report within 7 days of their arrival to the country.
- Bangladesh Nationals on Student Visa within 7 days and on other visas within 24 hours of their arrival in the country
Documents Required for Visa Extension
- Application Form containing Telephone/Mobile numbers
- Photograph (1 Copy)
- Photo page of Passport (1 Copy)
- Visa Page (1 Copy)
- Residential Permit (1 Copy)
- Bonafide Certificate from the College or graduating Institute
- Address Proof
- Bank Statement (Showing Money Transaction)
- All Mark Sheets
- Failed students allowed extension to University/College/Institute allows them, provided Bonafide stating intention to study